What do I do after I dl TW1 import to TW2

+
What do I do after I dl TW1 import to TW2

I recently DL the scoi'tael adda shani but its a rar file how do i move it to the TW1 save file under docts so TW2 will read it i guess the big issue is how to make TW2 recognize that file (Which is great my props to you)

Rar is a file compression method, like zip. Unrar the file to your The Witcher/saves folder.

You might already have a program on your computer that will extract rar files. If not, you can download 7zip, a free file extraction program.

I have 7zip but how do I make 7zip work the file when I 2x click to open it it says Windows cant open this do you want to search the internet for the way to open it

If you downloaded the file from the Witcher Nexus, you got a pop-up that said, "Don't know what to do with ZIP, RAR or 7z files after you've downloaded them? Check out our article on file compression basics and what programs to use."

If you check out that article, it'll tell you all about it.

As I said in the post above, I recommend 7zip.

Could anyone be a little more specific on how to convert that rar file to something TW2 will read. I have 7zip but im unclear on how to make it open/convert it because when I click open on it it says windows cant find out how to open it would you like to search the internet for it. Again sorry for my stupidity on this matter but im truely lost

Corylea said:
If you downloaded the file from the Witcher Nexus, you got a pop-up that said, "Don't know what to do with ZIP, RAR or 7z files after you've downloaded them? Check out our article on file compression basics and what programs to use."

If you check out that article, it'll tell you all about it.

As I said in the post above, I recommend 7zip.

all it says is unrar it and move it to Tw>save games thats not enough info to go by

Iorvethizbada55 said:
So i edit the file to 7z?
No.

Right-click on the file.
Go to the 7zip line.
You'll get a pop-up with options; choose "Extract here."
Once the file has extracted, move it to the right folder.

I think I really screwed something up because now the file says adobe acrobat and it says that after I redownloaded it it still says adobe acrobat now Im really lost

Iorvethizbada55 said:
I think I really screwed something up because now the file says adobe acrobat and it says that after I redownloaded it it still says adobe acrobat now Im really lost
You must have told your computer that you want it to use Acrobat to open that file. To change that, do this:

Right-click on the file.
Scroll down to where it says Properties and click on it.
You'll get a pop-up box that says "Opens With"
Change what you want the file to open with from Adobe Acrobat to 7zip.

Iorvethizbada55 said:
Well I did that but 7zip wasnt there so I guess I have to Dl it right?
Click on Change, then click on Browse. Then navigate to the place where you installed 7zip. Um, you did INSTALL it, right? You know that programs don't do anything on your computer unless they're installed, right?

What I DL was called 7z920.msi problem is after I did all the installing stuff it doesnt show up under other programs in which to choose to open

Iorvethizbada55 said:
Okay I DL it I really do hope it doesnt mess up my PC (which is brand new)
7zip is very reliable software. It won't mess up your PC, but your flailing about might. Take a deep breath and calm down! This is NOT hard.

Top Bottom