New Non Official Adventures - No Overdub Dialogues Issue

+
New Non Official Adventures - No Overdub Dialogues Issue

Dearest Moderators...I have succesfully installed all mods posted on the web (e.g. The Tribute, Wedding , Blight of the Blog, etc) and found out that none of them comes with voice overdub on dialogues. Is there anyway to mod this issue?I will appreciate any comment on this

1) this is a wrong section for this topic2) I guess it is because those mods are made by FANS, normal people like me and you, and I guess nobody has ability to imitate voices of all the actors to make a dubbing ;D

Yeah like i said in the other topic this would require the creators of these mods to do all the voice acting and recording themselves, it's not like they can get a hold of the original voice actors and get them to do new dialogue :)

BranEmp: of course it can be fixed, you can record the dialog line yourself and add them in the d'jinni editor by putting the appropriate .wav file to the corresponding line ;). Seriously, it's not an issue:it is a community made module, it's free, you can't blame the author for not having the money to pay the original cast (in France it can cost more 1000€/day/actor not including the studio for recording in good quality, the sound engineer...). if you look at the ending credit, you will discover that the english voice of Geralt is an actor that live in California..

Have a look at the Oblivion community. There are loads of custom adventures (like, who needs a main quest anymore?) and they are mostly voice acted. There are some very professional voice actors, who do this for fun. If any of the mod-makers of these here mentioned adventures would be interested to enhance them with voice acting, they might look that way. I could even make one contact with a guy I know in England. Here's his YouTube site with a substantial and well rounded showcase of his work on Oblivion: http://www.youtube.com/user/IbsensGhostUK.If you want, I can ask him if he'd be interested to do some Witcher acting.

In Oblivion it's not a problem, but in witcher, you must find an actor who have a similar voice for Geralt, RedFlame team found a very close actor, too... :) nice work

jbaudrand said:
In Oblivion it's not a problem, but in witcher, you must find an actor who have a similar voice for Geralt, RedFlame team found a very close actor, too...
Oh, I like Geralt's English voice! Very much. I like it so much in fact, that I rather have a completely different voice for him in the mods than some kind-of-similar-voice.And Steve can really do marvelous things with his voice (did you watch the video?), but if modders don't want to it's their choice. But from my experience with Oblivion I can guarantee that the popularity of a mod profits greatly from voice acting. Even if not original, but at least well done. :)I admit, I haven't played any of the adventures yet because of the lack of voice acting. Except for the gay mod, but that's a joke mod and that one does better without any voice acting than it would with unfamiliar voices. Of course I indend to play the adventures eventually and if I see a glimmer of hope that they might get voice acting, I rather wait until then.

Try the Wedding module.It's fantastically surreal, the dialogue is insane, and there's no way i would want it to be voiced... You'll see :D

Xellotath said:
It's fantastically surreal, the dialogue is insane, and there's no way i would want it to be voiced... You'll see :D
Oh, I would so want that to be voiced! ;DBut only with the real actors, that would be a ball! I mean, it could do with some grammar corrections, but other than that it would just crack me up.Unfortunately I didn't get to finish it. I got stuck in a place where nobody spoke to me anymore or gave me any fish and I couldn't save the game, too. :(

Hi to all!Thanks for taking part of my request. As DelightfulMcCoy quoted, just have a look at the Oblivion community...anyway, I guess that all these Witcher Mods available on line shall make up the mind of developers at CD Project in ordet to launch more official adventures productions in a mod-format. It will quench the thirst for more sequels! isn't it?...in the meantime let's keep on moding...

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
It's fantastically surreal, the dialogue is insane, and there's no way i would want it to be voiced... You'll see :D
Oh, I would so want that to be voiced! ;DBut only with the real actors, that would be a ball! I mean, it could do with some grammar corrections, but other than that it would just crack me up.Unfortunately I didn't get to finish it. I got stuck in a place where nobody spoke to me anymore or gave me any fish and I couldn't save the game, too. :(
Yeah the grammar errors and bad translations are what i loved, some of it made no sense :DI did complete it once you just have to keep talking to everyone and remember there's an upstairs aswell.
DelightfulMcCoy said:
Hi to all!Thanks for taking part of my request. As DelightfulMcCoy quoted, just have a look at the Oblivion community...anyway, I guess that all these Witcher Mods available on line shall make up the mind of developers at CD Project in ordet to launch more official adventures productions in a mod-format. It will quench the thirst for more sequels! isn't it?...in the meantime let's keep on moding...
More official modules would be fantastic, i don't know if we should expect any or not though.

Xellotath said:
I did complete it once you just have to keep talking to everyone and remember there's an upstairs aswell.
As I said: nobody talks to me anymore.
Triss keeps saying "Find Dandelion", Dandelion keeps saying I need to go to the Fisher King. The Fisher King beat me in a fist fight and ever since he's not talking to me anymore. So no fish, no rings. And none of the other people in any of the three areas talk to me and anyway the game wouldn't let me save and I don't even know where my last save was.
Yeah the grammar errors and bad translations are what i loved, some of it made no sense :D
Some of it made sense when I translated it to my own language, lol.***About the official modules: to be honest, I'd rather see the second part of the witcher sooner than getting more modules. Don't get me wrong, I totally apprechiate them. While Ubisoft denies part of the latest PoP game to their most loyal customers, Red gives away really cool stuff, kudos for that! And I also see that they try to do it right and that means they put a lot of time and effort into the game. Which in my opinion means, that for one they won't be having a lot of time on their hands until well after the release of Rise of the White Wolf. And secondly, they could "afford" to add voice acting to the two official modules, because they already had the actors redoing a lot of dialogue for the enhanced edition. But I highly doubt that they will (or can!) do more voiced modules. And branemp, they really aren't responsible for the fan modules at all and neither are the moderators here. This is up to the respective modders of the modules. I think I need to play deception now, it is said to be very good and I could use something to hit right about now. ;)

Top Bottom