So, where`s Adda?

+
Default does not equal canon

You decided to redefine the term? You are not the owner of the story. Default does in fact mean canon. To say otherwise is completely illogical.

Just like Triss over Shani is canon. Tris was the default in TW2 no matter what you did in TW1. Henselt is dead as canon and default no matter your choice. Siegfried is dead as default and canon even if you spared him in TW1. To claim default is not canon is silly. Might as well hold your breath and stomp your feet as far as arguments go.

You decided to redefine the term? You are not the owner of the story. Default does in fact mean canon. To say otherwise is completely illogical.

Just like Triss over Shani is canon. Tris was the default in TW2 no matter what you did in TW1. Henselt is dead as canon and default no matter your choice. Siegfried is dead as default and canon even if you spared him in TW1. To claim default is not canon is silly. Might as well hold your breath and stomp your feet as far as arguments go.

Nope you just don't know what the word means. Henselt may be dead as canon but how he died is not.

Nope you just don't know what the word means. Henselt may be dead as canon but how he died is not.

Clearly you don't so here is the appropriate definition:

"b : the authentic works of a writer"

Now the writers are the devs from CdProjectRED. And what did they write? In both TW2 and TW3 They wrote that Adda was gone from the story. Unless you specifically brought her back from TW1 she is dead in TW2. Folstest confirms this or are you even denying this fact?

So here's your whole argument:

"I want Adda alive and I don't care that the devs had her dead in TW2 as the default. I saved her and therefore she must be alive".

All you did was save her. That does not mean she is alive. Use your own logic for once. "Adda might have been saved in yoru story but that doesn't mean she's alive." Just like Henselt and others they could have died from other reasons or causes. But the sooner you face reality the better you will be. She's dead and gone.

Let me ask you one simple question. If she's alive then where is she when you help kill Radovid?

The default world-state being canon is nonsensical fandom gibberish which has no real-origin in anything any developer has ever claimed in the history of everything. Given Bioware has said, 'The default world-state is absolutely NOT canon' and writes comic books based on things totally different from it, I think this is pretty self-evident. The default World State is, and simply put, the state of the world where there are the least carry-over elements from previous games as to not confuse new gamers. Geralt would have to do, EVERY SINGLE TIME, the least amount of effort in every single quest and always the most violent option in order to achieve it--which is based not on characterization but, again, removing carry over elements.

Even the Triss over Shani option is bizarre because the Shani option is there, you've just hooked up Triss anyway. What's CANON is on the screen.

Clearly you don't so here is the appropriate definition:

"b : the authentic works of a writer"

Now the writers are the devs from CdProjectRED. And what did they write? In both TW2 and TW3 They wrote that Adda was gone from the story. Unless you specifically brought her back from TW1 she is dead in TW2. Folstest confirms this or are you even denying this fact?

So here's your whole argument:

"I want Adda alive and I don't care that the devs had her dead in TW2 as the default. I saved her and therefore she must be alive".

All you did was save her. That does not mean she is alive. Use your own logic for once. "Adda might have been saved in yoru story but that doesn't mean she's alive." Just like Henselt and others they could have died from other reasons or causes. But the sooner you face reality the better you will be. She's dead and gone.

Let me ask you one simple question. If she's alive then where is she when you help kill Radovid?

No CD Projekt red wrote 2 versions. One where she was alive and one where she was dead dependent on import, both are equally valid. They also added a default version(this is not a canon) for those who did not import. Unlike Henselt they haven't merged the 2 paths, so she is very much potentially alive until stated otherwise imported alive path.

My guess if alive she's likely in the Capital city of Redania or somewhere else safe where we don't actually get to go to. Why did you expect her to be on the frontlines?

Last edited:
No CD Projekt red wrote 2 versions. One where she was alive and one where she was dead dependent on import, both are equally valid. They also added a default version(this is not a canon) for those who did not import. Unlike Henselt they haven't merged the 2 paths, so she is very much potentially alive until stated otherwise imported alive path.

My guess if alive she's likely in the Capital city of Redania or somewhere else safe where we don't actually get to go to. Why did you expect her to be on the frontlines?

Too bad we can't bet. I would bet everything I own on that. And I wouldn't have to worry about a thing. There is absolutely zero logic in what you wrote. You claim that a default version is not canon. Can you point to one, just one other example where the default version of a witcher decision didn't turn out to be canon? I know of none.

They wrote both options in TW2 because they HAD to do that. Your save made them do it. But you have constantly ignored the simple question. Why would they make a default choice that is not canon? And how does Dijsktra take over with a queen still alive? We know he can and does in one of our choices. Was there any mention about forces loyal to Adda? See you have to jump through a hoop to explain it. Her being dead satisfies it.

Now you also say they "haven't merged the two paths". Tell me exactly how do you merge a story where she is dead in one, alive in another into a story with her alive???? It can't be done. Once they are merged she MUST be dead. Common sense and everyday simply logic dictates this. Please explain how they can merge a dead/alive line into being alive? Was she resurrected?

---------- Updated at 08:02 PM ----------

The default world-state being canon is nonsensical fandom gibberish which has no real-origin in anything any developer has ever claimed in the history of everything. Given Bioware has said, 'The default world-state is absolutely NOT canon' and writes comic books based on things totally different from it, I think this is pretty self-evident. The default World State is, and simply put, the state of the world where there are the least carry-over elements from previous games as to not confuse new gamers. Geralt would have to do, EVERY SINGLE TIME, the least amount of effort in every single quest and always the most violent option in order to achieve it--which is based not on characterization but, again, removing carry over elements.

Even the Triss over Shani option is bizarre because the Shani option is there, you've just hooked up Triss anyway. What's CANON is on the screen.

And as I pointed out to wright1978 how do you merge the two choices and end up with her being alive? You can't. therefore by the use of very simple logic it proves that she is ultimately dead. The only thing your choice did was to determine if she died at your hands or some other way. But you can not have her alive in a DLC since she was dead in other play through s AND dead as the default choice in TW2.

She is dead. You may not know it yet but there is no alternative.

Now why do I say canon? Simple. Logic dictates it. If you are alive you can easily be killed. If you are dead you stay that way. In TW1 we had a choice to kill her or not. The lowest common denominator is her being dead. Either way something breaks. Foltest in TW2 either says she dies or says she married Radovid. That has to break. One MUST be wrong. PS/XBox can not import TW1 saves. So a choice is made for them. And that choice is that she is dead in TW1. TW3 does not import TW1 saves. The choice is made for everyone in TW3. See the flaw is that you thought your choices in TW1 carried over to TW3. They do not. So she's dead. All yoru choice in TW1 did was to determine if she was killed by you or like Henselt died of some other cause BEFORE TW3 starts. This is the ONLY, repeat ONLY possible way to make all choice not result in a logical error loop.

So the devs for TW3 have her dead. They never comment on it because it would break TW2 on if she married Radovid or died in TW1. Logcially there are no other choices or alternatives available. Wishing is not going to change that.

As of right now, the writers don't have her dead, they have her in limbo, status unknown, if our choices kept her alive in the story. Keep it accurate.

As of right now, the writers don't have her dead, they have her in limbo, status unknown, if our choices kept her alive in the story. Keep it accurate.

No the writers have her dead. She is not in limbo because she can't both be alive and dead. Come on quit evading the question. How do you reconcile the TW1/TW2 games where she was dead with the TW1/TW2 games where she was alive? There is only ONE possibility and that is she is dead. Come on tell me how does she live when every single console player has her dead in their games?

The devs at best will be evasive on exactly when she died. Just like Henselt. It was very evasive on if he died when Radovid invaded or in TW2 due to Roche. So the best you can hope for is for an unclear method of death. My guess is they never even go there. You will never hear of Adda ever again.

---------- Updated at 08:28 PM ----------

Like talking to a wall.

I've been trying to tell ya. Some people just can't understand logic. They just can't explain how she is alive when every console player has her dead.

It's pretty simple, really, the console gamers don't have the choices that the PC players have. Same thing happened in the Mass Effect series, PC gamers got all kinds of neat carry-overs that the consolers didn't.

Too bad we can't bet. I would bet everything I own on that. And I wouldn't have to worry about a thing. There is absolutely zero logic in what you wrote. You claim that a default version is not canon. Can you point to one, just one other example where the default version of a witcher decision didn't turn out to be canon? I know of none.

They wrote both options in TW2 because they HAD to do that. Your save made them do it. But you have constantly ignored the simple question. Why would they make a default choice that is not canon? And how does Dijsktra take over with a queen still alive? We know he can and does in one of our choices. Was there any mention about forces loyal to Adda? See you have to jump through a hoop to explain it. Her being dead satisfies it.

Now you also say they "haven't merged the two paths". Tell me exactly how do you merge a story where she is dead in one, alive in another into a story with her alive???? It can't be done. Once they are merged she MUST be dead. Common sense and everyday simply logic dictates this. Please explain how they can merge a dead/alive line into being alive? Was she resurrected?
She's a former Temerian princess. She holds no power in Redania with the king dead. Why would forces be loyal to her?

If they wanted to they could merge the story by a simple line difference mentioning her death, similar to how there is a line difference if Henselt is alive to explain his death.

If they wanted to they could merge the story by a simple line difference mentioning her death,

FINALLY. Thank you. You admit she must be dead. They as of yet just never said how or where. But she MUST be dead. So there is no Adda because she is dead which is exactly what I said many posts ago.

FINALLY. Thank you. You admit she must be dead. They as of yet just never said how or where. But she MUST be dead. So there is no Adda because she is dead which is exactly what I said many posts ago.

I said they could merge the fates with a line difference. They haven't, hence she is not necessarily dead.

I said they could merge the fates with a line difference. They haven't, hence she is not necessarily dead.

You agreed that as soon as they mention her they MUST merge and therefore she MUST be dead. She can never be alive from TW3 on unless they redo the start and allow you to import or pick that decision. So if they add a choice to the question answer session I would 100% agree with you. However, as of right now there is no choice to be made about her and since you had a choice to kill her they must go with the common denominator where she is dead.

You agreed that as soon as they mention her they MUST merge and therefore she MUST be dead. She can never be alive from TW3 on unless they redo the start and allow you to import or pick that decision. So if they add a choice to the question answer session I would 100% agree with you. However, as of right now there is no choice to be made about her and since you had a choice to kill her they must go with the common denominator where she is dead.

I never said they had to merge, i said they could but they didn't unlike with the Henselt situation. They equally could have carried on having different lines of reference in regards Radovid's queen or as they did no reference at all, which means the TW2 different lines still apply.

No the choices are:

1) They never mention Adda again.
2) She is mentioned in which case she must be dead.
3) They reprogram the start or create a new way to bring in the condition of Adda from TW1. Doing this requires they program both alternatives like they did with Letho or Sile.

Those are the only options.

But you can not have her alive in a DLC since she was dead in other play through s AND dead as the default choice in TW2.

I'd just like to point out Thaler was dead in many W1 playthroughs.

Thaler came back so why can´t Adda? I have her dead in my story but I see no problem with having a side mission with her in some upcoming dlc for people who have her alive.

---------- Updated at 10:18 PM ----------

By the way. Do you think this is Adda?

Just curious.

She´s a princess but can´t think of any other princess right now.

Attachments

• ad.png
    ad.png
    228.5 KB · Views: 55
Yes Thaler is alive and he could have died in TW1. Does that make it right? Doesn't that just scream to hell with your choice? But there is also one other difference. Thaler was only in TW1. He wasn't mentioned in TW2 at all. Adda's state was in both games. If she died in TW1 or if you didn't import a saved game with her alive she is dead in TW2.

Now for her to be alive in TW3 means they would have to violate two previous games and not just one. Can they do it? Sure then can. But should they?

How would people feel if they killed Letho and Sile yet both appear alive in TW3? What if you killed Henselt and he was alive?People would complain that their choices didn't matter at all, much more then they complain right now.

But there is another problem. Right now TW3 does not know your state of Adda. It is not in the import and no questions cover it. TW3 has no clue if she was alive or dead for you. To include Adda they will first have to resolve this issue.

Yes Thaler is alive and he could have died in TW1. Does that make it right? Doesn't that just scream to hell with your choice? But there is also one other difference. Thaler was only in TW1. He wasn't mentioned in TW2 at all. Adda's state was in both games. If she died in TW1 or if you didn't import a saved game with her alive she is dead in TW2.

Now for her to be alive in TW3 means they would have to violate two previous games and not just one. Can they do it? Sure then can. But should they?

How would people feel if they killed Letho and Sile yet both appear alive in TW3? What if you killed Henselt and he was alive?People would complain that their choices didn't matter at all, much more then they complain right now.

But there is another problem. Right now TW3 does not know your state of Adda. It is not in the import and no questions cover it. TW3 has no clue if she was alive or dead for you. To include Adda they will first have to resolve this issue.

Actually Thaler IS in TW2... not in person, but if he was still alive and you'd helped him, he sends you a package as thanks...

Also, Choices at the start ONLY relate to things that will directly impact the story, clearly Adda being alive or dead didn't impact the story (as far as CDPR are concerned) so there was no need to ask the question.

As such, in MY game, which uses saves from TW1 imported to TW2 in turn imported to TW3, Adda is alive and well, albeit nowhere where I'll be meeting her.

Top Bottom