AA not working, fps drop 1.05, flickering, 970 gtx

+
AA not working, fps drop 1.05, flickering, 970 gtx

I had no problem running game with my gtx 970 evga ftw on almost everything ultra (except; shadows on high, foliage on high and npc on high and with postprocessing blur and motion blur off) with 50-60 fps; patch 1.04.....now I have like 30-40 fps and alot of flickering and stuttering and maybe even AA is not working (not sure). Any help?

I had no problem running game with my gtx 970 evga ftw on almost everything ultra (except; shadows on high, foliage on high and npc on high and with postprocessing blur and motion blur off) with 50-60 fps; patch 1.04.....now I have like 30-40 fps and alot of flickering and stuttering and maybe even AA is not working (not sure). Any help?

Hi, I don't have any idea how to solve this, but I am just saying that you are not the only one having problems with framerate after the 1.05 patch (you are not alone my fellow Witcher :) ).
I also have a 970 and my framerate was stable around 50-60 before the patch. After the patch my framerate is all over the place dipping all the way down to 30 fps with the same graphics options as before. I hope this issue will be corrected quickly in the next patch.

I have a 970 too and I'm experiencing an extreme amount of NPC pop in after 1.05. I ride into a village on Roach with no one in sight and bam 2 or 3 guards spawn right in front of me.

I have the same problem, i had to go back to 1.03 because it runs the best for me (60-70fps on ultra)
1.05 made the game run like crap, i was getting 35-45fps even on medium settings on 970SLI
They need to fix this asap!

I have the same problem, i had to go back to 1.03 because it runs the best for me (60-70fps on ultra)
1.05 made the game run like crap, i was getting 35-45fps even on medium settings on 970SLI
I use a very similar setup and the game still runs fine for me. Everything maxed except sharpness @ 1080p still gives me 60+ FPS in novigrad.

Last edited:
I use a very similar setup and the game still runs fine for me. Everything maxed except sharpness @ 1080p still gives me 60+ FPS in novigrad.

I get 60+ with patch 1.03 at 1440p (Novigrad 59-60fps), with 1.05 i cant get 50fps in novigrad and the game stutters like crazy

I just noticed some serious NPC pop in today. In the very first village I just turned my camera around and a peasant appeared right in front of me. This is NOT occlusion culling. He literally magically appeared after I have been in the village for some time. Totally broke immersion. This is a new one and was not there before the patch...

how do you roll back to a different patch?

I think I have a solution. I've juste downloaded the new driver from Nvidia :353.06 and the game seems to run better!
You should try it :) I hope it works for you guys!

I think I have a solution. I've juste downloaded the new driver from Nvidia :353.06 and the game seems to run better!
You should try it :) I hope it works for you guys!

I am on 353.06.. it is no solution, at least not for me.

I am running sli 970 and there are times I will go all the way down to 40s, 99% on both cards, running 1440p, everything ultra, no hairworks, most postprocessing turned off, HBAO on high.

Same setup I was almost pinned all the time on 1.04. Also, I can no longer start the game in Fullscreen.. it will just boot me back to desktop. I have to open the game in borderless and then alt+enter to force it to fullscreen.

Even before 1.05 though, there are times where you'll get in a skirmish and the framerate just dives 10-20 fps.. if I save and reload right in the middle of the same fight, Its pinned at 60 again.. Its 100% the game or the way the drivers are interacting with the game.

how do you roll back to a different patch?

I did the manual install from gog, so i managed to download the first 3 patches,
GOG removed patch 1.3 & 1.4 from the site so people can't install it anymore.

If you use the galaxy app go to more>Get Backup & Extras

^^ have you tried to set the frame limiter and vsync to OFF in game, and use RTSS or Inspector to cap your Framerate to 60 and use Driver's Vsync? That would probably help your situation quite a bit..

Top Bottom