Brazilian/Korean Subtitles Patch for The Witcher 2

+
Brazilian/Korean Subtitles Patch for The Witcher 2

If you remember our story about the Turkish translation of The Witcher 2, then you also might remember that we asked aspiring translators to contact us if they wanted to help bring their native language to The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. It wasnt too long before we were contacted by localization teams from Korea and Brazil. The fine folks handling those translations had already been making a lot of progress with their projects, and what they showed us made us contact them and offer our help and official endorsement right away. The Korean subtitles were created by a team of very prominent translators from http://cafe.naver.com/twkor - Korean Witcher Community. The Brazilian (Portuguese) translation has been completed by talented people at www.tribogamer.com, a website dedicated to translating video games. We would like to thank everyone involved in bringing this update to life. Releasing this patch would have never been possible without your dedication and hard work. The Brazilian/Korean Subtitles Patch is available here, along with the details regarding the installation process.

Agent_Blue

MM360 said:
<p>If you remember our <a href="http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/85" target="_blank">story about the Turkish translation</a> of The Witcher 2, then you also might remember that we asked aspiring translators to contact us if they wanted to help bring their native language to The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. It wasn’t too long before we were contacted by localization teams from Korea and Brazil. The fine folks handling those translations had already been making a lot of progress with their projects, and what they showed us made us contact them and offer our help and official endorsement right away. The Korean subtitles were created by a team of very prominent translators from <a href="http://cafe.naver.com/twkor">http://cafe.naver.com/twkor</a> - Korean Witcher Community. The Brazilian (Portuguese) translation has been completed by talented people at <a href="http://www.tribogamer.com/">www.tribogamer.com</a>, a website dedicated to translating video games. We would like to thank everyone involved in bringing this update to life. Releasing this patch would have never been possible without your dedication and hard work. The Brazilian/Korean Subtitles Patch is available <a href="http://en.thewitcher.com/subs_KR_BR/" target="_blank">here</a>, along with the details regarding the installation process.</p>

Just to make sure I got it right, it's Brazilian Portuguese (BP) and not European Portuguese (EP) we're talking about right? If so can I ask why you went with the first and not the latter?

Thanks in advance.

Agent Blue, in the message itself it says that it was Korean/Brazilian fans' initiative for doing the translations.

Agent_Blue

Purpleknight said:
Agent Blue, in the message itself it says that it was Korean/Brazilian fans' initiative for doing the translations.

My bad.
I actually missed that bit. Thanks for the heads up!

AgentBlue said:
Just to make sure I got it right, it's Brazilian Portuguese (BP) and not European Portuguese (EP) we're talking about right? If so can I ask why you went with the first and not the latter?

Thanks in advance.

To tell you the true there is not much difference in terms of text understanding, since we even have a recent accord to get the two type of dialects closer. I am happy with this in Portugal there is a culture of subtitles and original work staying original, which means we do not use dubs. So I am definitely checking<em> </em>this out.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
MichelShepard said:
Does the patch will come as udpate to steam version? thanks!
This content is available on Steam as well. Right-click The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition in Steam Library, open Properties, then Language tab. Select what you need and it will be downloaded. The Brazilian subtitles pack and the Korean one are 4GB in size each on Steam.

Agent_Blue

Mihura said:
To tell you the true there is not much difference in term of text understanding, since we even have a recent accord to get the two type of dialects closer. I am happy with this in Portugal there is a culture of subtitles and original work staying original, which mean we do not use dubs. So I am definitely cheeking this out.

I am well aware of that agreement. Some Portuguese intellectuals actually oppose it and go on writing the way they always have. Take Miguel Sousa Tavares in Expresso.

Grammar rules, use of gerund for example, vary slightly between the two, albeit it's true no Portuguese native speaker should ever have any real trouble understanding any of the variants. I was just asking because of demographics. I am curious as which of the two is more widely spread and popular around the globe.

All in all, great news for CDProjekt's Portuguese speaking fans.

AgentBlue said:
I am well aware of that agreement. Some Portuguese intellectuals actually oppose it and go on writing the way they always have. Take Miguel Sousa Tavares in Expresso.

Grammar rules, use of gerund for example, vary slightly between the two, albeit it's true no Portuguese native speaker should ever have any real trouble understanding any of the variants. I was just asking because of demographics. I am curious as which of the two is more widely spread and popular around the globe.

Yes I know that there a lot of people against it, I did not change anything either but maybe sales are bigger in Brazil or maybe they ask for it and that was enough.

Vinthir said:
This content is available on Steam as well. Right-click The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition in Steam Library, open Properties, then Language tab. Select what you need and it will be downloaded. The Brazilian subtitles pack and the Korean one are 4GB in size each on Steam.
Thanks a lot for the info!

Hi, there is a bug with launcher (It is Korean) http://i.imgur.com/baTtUuA.png

and Can't I download this 4G update on Steam automatically? I mean Steam downloaded things about 17mb, but I needed to download Localisation patch manually.

And It would be more reasonable If we can choose languages on steam what we will use. It would reduce Witcher2 volume. Don't have to download any other languages even we don't use.

Not like this : http://i.imgur.com/xBHXeSL.png
Like this : http://i.imgur.com/dgGDYks.png

Lastly, hope we can translate another games such like Cyberpunk 2077 or Witcher 3 in our languages later.

Well. That is a really awesome news!

AgentBlue said:

I think it was Brazilian portuguese just because the brazilian group volunteered. Maybe, if there was a Portuguese group, we could have both translations.
All I know is that not much time after the release of The Witcher 2, a "homebrew" non-official brazilian translation was released (maybe by the quoted group). But the problem was... when the Enhanced patch was released, it broke said unofficial translation (lots of new contents), so I never cared to test it.

As demographics goes, Brazil is by far the greatest portuguese speaking country, with almost 200M people. In second place, is Moçambique with ~20M. Portugal has ~10M people. So... Brazil people represents 80% of all portuguese speakers while Portugal represents about 4.2%. (Source: wikipedia)

Agent_Blue

sfmarcius said:
Well. That is a really awesome news!

I think it was Brazilian portuguese just because the brazilian group volunteered. Maybe, if there was a Portuguese group, we could have both translations.
All I know is that not much time after the release of The Witcher 2, a "homebrew" non-official brazilian translation was released (maybe by the quoted group). But the problem was... when the Enhanced patch was released, it broke said unofficial translation (lots of new contents), so I never cared to test it.

As demographics goes, Brazil is by far the greatest portuguese speaking country, with almost 200M people. In second place, is Moçambique with ~20M. Portugal has ~10M people. So... Brazil people represents 80% of all portuguese speakers while Portugal represents about 4.2%. (Source: wikipedia)

I think it's a great testament to the passion a game can instil in fans that they'd volunteer to do good work for the publisher. It's truly commendable to both parties, the Brazilian volunteers and CDProjekt. Well done!

Thanks for clearing that up. I'd have a few comments to make about those figures, but, hey, no biggie. Let's just highlight the great news.

Obrigado cd projekt pela pacote de legendas em portugues br, sou um grande fã de voçes só na espera dos novos jogos que estão por vir, mais uma vez muito obrigado.

Thanks for cd projekt package br subtitles in Portuguese, I am a big fan of you just waiting for new games to come, once again many thanks.

That's great news!

It speaks well for both the fans' passion and CDPR's flexibility that this has come to pass. Kudos all 'round!

Desde já agradeço a CD Projekt RED por proporcionar aos Brasileiros a tradução desse jogo épico, e ao site
Tribo Gamer pela ajuda no desenvolvimento de tal tradução.
Ambos estão de parabéns.

I thank you CD Projekt RED for providing the translation of Brazilian epic game, and the Tribe Gamer site for help in developing this translation.
Both are to be congratulated

Top Bottom