"Mega"

+
offering 50 gb for all users for free and 500 gb, 1 tb, etc. plans? that is too good. Time to say goodbye to dropbox, google drive, skydrive and others

NOW LIVE!

https://mega.co.nz

More on why this is great:
- Your data is sent through a secure SSL connection 128bit secure, meaning if it is intercepted it cant be read, and it is only partial data equating to nothing, they need all the pieces
- Once at MEGA the data is then encrypted with your custom key so if MEGA was ever intercepted or the data leaked its secured with the Key you generated during registration a 2048bit (THATS HUGE would take a long time to crack) also bloating the file and making it in decipherable as a particular type or file.
- When you share your data with your friends or redownload it, its being decrypted from the 2048, to the 128, to real data once on your computer.

All in all from your computer to theirs its a bunch of numbers and letters that cant be linked to a particular type of file to then go after you for.

This is true internet freedom.

Any time the copyright crusaders get shit on their faces, I'm a happy bunny.

Look, I'm not against artists getting what they're due. This isn't about that, nor has it ever been. Artists get paid a fixed sum by the greedy sons of bitches who produce them. The same SoB's then rake in everything afterwards, the artists get jack shit. And yes, those production companies make millions in profit.

Then you have to remember the fact that there are millions of people out there who can't afford music, who can't afford movies, who can't afford TV... If they get it for free, nobody loses a penny... If they don't get it, they won't buy it, because they can't afford it, again nobody loses a penny.

Then there's the fact that filesharing has been proved to have actually affected lesser known productions positively, more people have found those things because they've had access to them for free first, or they've seen a glimpse of them due to warez.

...and these people call it "piracy", when they full well know it's not that, it's a completely different animal.

Screw people who "fight for" anything they don't know jack shit about.

Kim Dotcom hasn't learned a thing. He's still in the business of aiding and abetting pirates. I hope they confiscate this site too.

Arguments about how people should be able to download stuff they can't afford mean nothing. Freeload all you want; I don't care. But if you take other people's work and sell or give it away when you didn't pay them for it, you're a goddamn pirate.

Aaaand we're off on this hot-button, totally non-constructive topic.

No, wait, it's a forum, more than half of it is non-constructive anyway.

We're off on this highly inflammatory, causes-hurt-feelings, divides members irrevocably topic.

Next stop, gun control AND abortion AND marijuana AND, oh, I dunno, how about Hiroshima?

Yeah. Relax your sphincters guys. We're going to be here for YEARS. Lets not burn out quite so soon.

Forum veteran
Next stop, gun control AND abortion AND marijuana AND, oh, I dunno, how about Hiroshima?
For the record, I'm against pot-smoking, gun-owning, nuke-hugging fetuses. That's just way too dangerous of a combination.

Yeah. Relax your sphincters guys. We're going to be here for YEARS. Lets not burn out quite so soon.
Half of the people in this thread have been around for a year or longer on the Witcher forum, anyway. I think you'd be surprised by how relaxed the sphincters in this thread truly are. That's a sentence I hope I'll never have to use again.

As for Mega itself... I'm tempted to have an Admiral Ackbar, "IT'S A TRAP" moment. At the very least, everyone's going to be gunning for it, so I wouldn't trust it to stay up... which is kind of a big deal when you're sending files to people. From the name to the encryption, the whole thing seems like it's an attempt to piss off governments/groups like the MPAA. In that regard, I predict this being a rousing success. I suspect people who use sites like that for legal purposes already have their site of choice, anyway.

Top Bottom