new DLC broke my saves?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're partners. I'm pretty sure they're sharing duties.

I would just forward your message to WB.

i wouldn't. why would i give my personal info to WB? to receive more spam? lol... as soon as you click 'send' you agree to their EULA, which is to send you more spam from 3rd parties. they're distributors/publishers, it's what they do: spam people.

being distribs/pubs for NA, they have nothing to do with development/bugfixes.

welcome to the internet :\ i wouldn't get a facebook account either, or linkedin, etc... less people you give your info to these days, the better off you'll be, what with all the hacks and all.

i recently found someone using one of my old email addresses as a spam origin address. i added it as an alias again to my other email to check if it had activity on it, and all i got were a thousand NDRs about an email containing a virus. haha. brilliant (funny thing is, i think it was MMObomb which got hacked, cuz i only used that email for 4 account registrations).

Last edited:
I'm having a similar issue except it's only affecting Skellige. Fast traveling from anywhere else works but Skellige is completely broken.

i wouldn't. why would i give my personal info to WB? to receive more spam? lol... as soon as you click 'send' you agree to their EULA, which is to send you more spam from 3rd parties. they're distributors/publishers, it's what they do: spam people.

being distribs/pubs for NA, they have nothing to do with development/bugfixes.

welcome to the internet :\ i wouldn't get a facebook account either, or linkedin, etc... less people you give your info to these days, the better off you'll be, what with all the hacks and all.

i recently found someone using one of my old email addresses as a spam origin address. i added it as an alias again to my other email to check if it had activity on it, and all i got were a thousand NDRs about an email containing a virus. haha. brilliant (funny thing is, i think it was MMObomb which got hacked, cuz i only used that email for 4 account registrations).

That's basically what I mean. If someone is going to "hijack" your e-mail, there's really little you can do about it. Once you open an account, thousands of businesses receive it within seconds. Spyware and phishing programs are everywhere. So, not sending an e-mail to protect yourself really does little to protect you.

I'm not pressuring you to send it -- none of my business! I'm just pointing out that WB is likely handling light development and technical issues. It may have been their team that wrote the Skellige DLC. No idea for sure, and haven't been able to find anything online to confirm or disprove it. But this is normally what partners do with software development. I don't think there's any risk in sending them an e-mail.

It seems to be only the new quest. I tested it out on an old save and I was only encountering issues after installing the "Skellige's Most Wanted" DLC.

Same thing here, CTD when trying to fast travel from Skellige after the new DLC Skellige's Most Wanted-contract. The Skellige Armor DLC seems to work fine. When uninstalling the DLC and reverting back to a save from some day ago (when I hadn't the DLC installed) everything works fine. I wonder if this is a similar problem they had before with the vampire-contract that later got fixed in a patch? Then you could fix it yourself by finishing the quest. Has anyone tried to finish the DLC-contract as soon as they have installed it and tried to fast travel from Skellige after? I would prefer to leave it installed and not having to uninstall it and go back some hours in my playthrough. :(

You're a PAYING CUSTOMER(S), and have put TONS of YOUR TIME into CDPRs' game, AND....

You expect a RESPONSE from CDPR to you're POLITE QUESTION....?

Think again.

Not a word.

Sad.

Let's not over-react here...
I'm sure they've got their hands full working on updates for all 3 platforms.
Just keep this thread bumped and I'm sure it'll garner enough attention from players and CDPR.

You're a PAYING CUSTOMER(S), and have put TONS of YOUR TIME into CDPRs' game, AND....

Think again.

Not a word.

Sad.

Don't forget that I am among hundreds of thousands of others sending (literally) over a million posts/messages/e-mails a day about the same topics world-wide. CDPR is aware of the issues. And there are far more of them than just my particular issue. If the devs wasted time answering every single question 10 times over, the next patch would take an additional 2 months to complete.

When the patch is ready, they will release a changelog, then start putting together the issues to be addressed 1.08. Can't do everything at once. Can't do everything instantly. Only 24 hours in a day. Need to budget the time.

Only 24 hours in a day. Need to budget the time.

you do mean 8, right? ;p in sweden, that is zero, due to holidays... see (cities:skylines, and BF:BC2 never got fixed bcs of this. bc2 patch took 6 months lol, thanks DICE. C:S has been 3 months now, DLC already, but no fixes... they go on holiday this month, so not expecting anything for another 3 months).

You could try doing something that sometimes fixes issues with new patches.

Load the save. Create a manual save now. Delete the old save (of the game version prior to the DLCs). Exit the game. Load the new manual save.

See if this resolve the issue. Another thing you can try is to delete the user.settings file in documents and have the game recreate it anew (so that the right lines for the DLCs are inserted: if they aren't there they can cause trouble).

you do mean 8, right? ;p in sweden, that is zero, due to holidays... see (cities:skylines, and BF:BC2 never got fixed bcs of this. bc2 patch took 6 months lol, thanks DICE. C:S has been 3 months now, DLC already, but no fixes... they go on holiday this month, so not expecting anything for another 3 months).

I was taking into account the need to work, eat, relax, and sleep. All must fit into 24 hours. Unless you're a university student. In which case, eating, relaxing, and sleeping may be replaced with:

1.) beer/liquor
2.) ramen
3.) Mountain Dew

---------- Updated at 05:48 PM ----------

Think again.

Not a word.

Sad.

Load the save. Create a manual save now. Delete the old save (of the game version prior to the DLCs). Exit the game. Load the new manual save.

See if this resolve the issue. Another thing you can try is to delete the user.settings file in documents and have the game recreate it anew (so that the right lines for the DLCs are inserted: if they aren't there they can cause trouble).

Other suggestions that have worked for some people:

1.) Uninstall / re-download the Skellige DLCs.
2.) Reload from a save prior to first arriving in Skellige.
3.) Avoid fast travel until the Skellige DLC quest is finished.
4.) Skip cutscenes in Skellige quest as quickly as possible -- mash the Spacebar as soon as they start. (You can watch them on Youtube to figure out what you've missed.)
5.) Take a break from the game altogether and visit with friends and family. Play a little tennis. Read a book. Go start up the grill and barbecue.

1.) Uninstall / re-download the Skellige DLCs.
2.) Reload from a save prior to first arriving in Skellige.
3.) Avoid fast travel until the Skellige DLC quest is finished.
4.) Skip cutscenes in Skellige quest as quickly as possible -- mash the Spacebar as soon as they start. (You can watch them on Youtube to figure out what you've missed.)
5.) Take a break from the game altogether and visit with friends and family. Play a little tennis. Read a book. Go start up the grill and barbecue.

1.) Tried it and it doesn't work
2.) That was almost 70 hours of gameplay ago. Backsliding on my progress is not a reasonable suggestion
3.) You can't get back to the continent without Fast Travel
4.)That doesn't work. The issue is during loading, not cutscenes
5.)I would but all my friends are playing The Witcher 3.

Tried both suggestions, but none worked. I also tried finishing the DLC Skellige's Most Wanted and then fast travel out of Skellige, but it still didn't work. Think I will have to surrender, uninstall the DLC and go back to a save prior to when I had the DLC installed for now. Hope they will get this DLC fixed in the future. At least now I have done it, so I haven't "missed" anything.

5.)I would but all my friends are playing The Witcher 3.

Ha-ha-ha! I know the feeling. Sorry the other suggestions didn't work (either). The bug is manifesting itself differently for different users. In that case, just enjoy Skellige until the issue is patched out or someone finds a viable workaround.

There is a work around (worked for me, at least):

The game crashes on loading screens when in Skellige: this may be either due to fast travel or loading another save. As soon as Dandelion starts talking, CTD.

What I found out is that the crash only happens if the FIRST save you load is in Skellige. So, what you have to do is:

- Boot up the game and load a save in Velen, Kaer Morhen, anywhere that's not skellige FIRST.
- Pause and load your Skellige save.

That's all. Fast Travel works again. Now, this has to be done every time you boot the game. Sort of inconvenient; but for me and some others it did the trick.

(If you don't have a save outside of Skellige, download one from Nexus Mods. It's what I did)

The game crashes on loading screens when in Skellige: this may be either due to fast travel or loading another save. As soon as Dandelion starts talking, CTD.

What I found out is that the crash only happens if the FIRST save you load is in Skellige. So, what you have to do is:

- Boot up the game and load a save in Velen, Kaer Morhen, anywhere that's not skellige FIRST.

That's all. Fast Travel works again. Now, this has to be done every time you boot the game. Sort of inconvenient; but for me and some others it did the trick.

(If you don't have a save outside of Skellige, download one from Nexus Mods. It's what I did)

That worked for me up until the end game cut scenes. 140 hours put into the game, I've pretty much done everything and sadly can't finish it until the game is patched since I don't have a save before the DLC was activated. Hopefully they patch it this week so I can see the ending of the game, played the game so long that I don't feel like replaying it again for awhile (don't get me wrong I enjoyed the game fully, just burnt out).

That doesn't work at all for me. I'm really hoping this is fixed soon because this completely stops me from playing the game any farther.

Same issue here. Steam v 1.06

Red Engine Crash Log
--------------------------------------
Build: Not Set [ Compiled Jun 11 2015 ]

Crash reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477), Error reading location 0xffffffff

and a whole bunch of render failures and unknown files

Worked for me! THX

---------- Updated at 11:19 AM ----------

Worked for me! THX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom