Tips for a gamer for Witcher 3 before the launch! SPOILER FREE!

+
I have a question which version of the game are you playing? Xbox or PS4?
How is the framerate? Is stable or dropping?

How does switching between areas work in The Witcher 3? Like when you go to skellige, is there just a loading screen and you spawn there? And same when you for example leave the prologue area. Not familiar with Dragon age so I dont know

How does switching between areas work in The Witcher 3? Like when you go to skellige, is there just a loading screen and you spawn there? And same when you for example leave the prologue area. Not familiar with Dragon age so I dont know

The only loading screens are between skillege islands - novigrad and velen - prologue area - vizimia palace.
There is no loading screen within these areas. U can enter any city or house without
loading screen.

The only loading screens are between skillege islands - novigrad and velen - prologue area - vizimia palace.
There is no loading screen within these areas. U can enter any city or house without
loading screen.

Can you further clarify this point? So say if I sail from velen towards the skillege islands, can I get there without loading? If not, what happens exactly? Does the game just decide to load when Im in the vicinity of the skillege island, ie there is a distinct location where the game decide to load.

Can you further clarify this point? So say if I sail from velen towards the skillege islands, can I get there without loading? If not, what happens exactly? Does the game just decide to load when Im in the vicinity of the skillege island, ie there is a distinct location where the game decide to load.
U need to fast travel from velen to skellige. It will transport you to the signpost you choose on the map. Signposts are used as fast travel points in the game.
U can not sail from velen tto skellige without a loading screen. Fast travel is the only option.

It was mentioned there will be guards on horseback patrolling on paths, wondering if you came across any & how they interacted with enemy AI. Was it organic in fluidity.

Thanks for taking time to answer all the questions!

It was mentioned there will be guards on horseback patrolling on paths, wondering if you came across any & how they interacted with enemy AI. Was it organic in fluidity.

Thanks for taking time to answer all the questions!
Yes! Not only guards but other NPCs on horses as well. Guards will fight on the horse back if threatened. And yes it really feel fluid and organic.
P.s. - geralt can knock these guys off there horses using signs! It freakin cool!

U need to fast travel from velen to skellige. It will transport you to the signpost you choose on the map. Signposts are used as fast travel points in the game.
U can not sail from velen tto skellige without a loading screen. Fast travel is the only option.

sorry for being as hung up about this topic as I should, but here's a follow up question. So how do you get to skellige islands the first time. Since the player havent discovered the area, there shouldn't be any sign post to fast travel to right? Or is there some come of ferry hub that you'll have to go to get there for the first time. Thanks!

There is enough inventory for materials and potions. The inventory system considers the weight of every object you carry. You can increase your carrying capacity using the saddlebags for Roach. Since materials and potions have very very low weight, you wont be facing any trouble storing them. Also, you will end up using materials more than you collect. So dont worry. :)

i dont know if you are like me thought. See I pick up EVERYTHING I SEE you never know what unique ingredient u may come by and if iwant to save stuff i want to save stuff and put it aside for later usage. It was in Diablo, WoW, Skyrim etc.... So I hope to god there is a storage system in here. I wish one of the devs could confirm that for me.

i dont know if you are like me thought. See I pick up EVERYTHING I SEE you never know what unique ingredient u may come by and if iwant to save stuff i want to save stuff and put it aside for later usage. It was in Diablo, WoW, Skyrim etc.... So I hope to god there is a storage system in here. I wish one of the devs could confirm that for me.

Remember how much flowers used to weigh in skyrim? Nothing, right? The ingredients in witcher 3 weigh nothing. So they dont restrict your inventory usage.
If in case you run out of space, it would be cause of gear and all.

Remember how much flowers used to weigh in skyrim? Nothing, right? The ingredients in witcher 3 weigh nothing. So they dont restrict your inventory usage.
If in case you run out of space, it would be cause of gear and all.

ok cool...but i still would like a chest to store heavy mats like for armor and weapons u know?? liek Iron Ore, Gems, ect...
they had a chest in TW1 & TW2 idk why they wouldnt have one in this

Last edited:
ok cool...but i still would like a chest to store heavy mats like for armor and weapons u know?? liek Iron Ore, Gems, ect...
I believe in the last IGN live stream, a dev said there were no storage site. If I remember right the question was asked in a round about way regarding inns etc, and being able to rest to regen health store equipment etc. Now that I think about it, I may be confusing this with another stream. Gah, time to quit drinking for the night.

Does Geralt's beard stop growing if I just download(not change the hair or beard in game manually) the Hair&Beard DLC? Also, if I change my hair, does my beard stop growing as well?

Does Geralt's beard stop growing if I just download(not change the hair or beard in game manually) the Hair&Beard DLC? Also, if I change my hair, does my beard stop growing as well?

Downloading doesn't stop the beard from growing, it's only when you use one of the DLC beards.

Not as far as I know. It will just give you more oportunities at the barber shop to change your hairstyle. And not the beard doesn't stop growing when you change the hair.

Apperently I am wrong ^^

I believe in the last IGN live stream, a dev said there were no storage site. If I remember right the question was asked in a round about way regarding inns etc, and being able to rest to regen health store equipment etc. Now that I think about it, I may be confusing this with another stream. Gah, time to quit drinking for the night.

i hope there are storage chests ingame, i wan't to loot every single weapon and armour and keep them ^^

@ArRam.

Can you close doors, such as doors to huts, taverns ect. See on vids when they open but no option shows to close, just wondering as if that means creatures can get in huts and attack the npcs.

Just wondering how AI act accordingly.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to write about more spoiler free information for the community. I think your comments about difficulty were the things I wanted to know the most. I think I know what difficulty I'm going to play on now. You're the best! :)

I have not come across any so far... Playing the game really slow... I think the cities might have something... I only visited novigrad's outskirts and the brothel district so far.. ;)

@ArRam.

Can you close doors, such as doors to huts, yaverns ect. See on vids when they open but no option shows to close, just wondering as if that means creatures can get in huts and attack the npcs.

Just wondering how AI act accordingly.
There is no button to open doors... Geralt does is automatically if u walk into the door.
And its very unlikely that creatures will attack villages. They are smart and keep away from populated areas.

Top Bottom