The ''Waifuification'' of the Witcher 3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you're insinuating, how am I ''mocking'' anyone?

Seriously? Even the title of your thread is mocking. You blatantly stated earlier that Triss' fans have an "unhealthy obsession" with her character, that we treat her like a "waifu," and then you proceed to label everyone who romances Triss as a jaded ex-Bioware fan. What about that is not insulting?

And like I said, it's hypocritical as well. You are defending Geralt's romance with Yennefer, while simultaneously attacking in-game relationships in general and Triss' in particular.

True Geralt's and yen's relationship was like the most famous relationship on the continent, everyone knew about it. It was sung in courts and told as bedtime stories to little kids, and like you said their love story was told to future generations. To expect that everyone should know about triss and geralt's relationship is ridicules when he has had his on again and off again relationship with yen for over 20 years while being with triss for at best 1 year, geralts and yen's relationship did not just become legendary overnight it took a long time to get there as should triss and geralt's.

Almost two months in fact: the couple of weeks in TW1 and the month in Temerian camp. Ok... maybe 3.

Bah. There are so many issues to discuss, and it's really sad that people, instead of caring of most important issues, they just focus all the attention on Triss romance.

I agree completely, the weak epilogues, Eredin's lack of dialogue, monsters having limited movesets etc. and the only problem CDPR is acknowledging is Triss dialogue. Seriously?

Yes and the certain issue some fans AND devs find out is the lack of consequences regarding Triss romance which is inadequate to the core philosophy of the witcher games. Nothing new and no waifucation whatsoever, only inconsistencies fixed.

I didn't know a ''core philosophy'' of the Witcher games was having every single NPC suddenly become aware that the legendary Witcher Geralt of Rivia has abandoned the legendary sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg for.. What was her name again? Trisc Merryglod? I don't know, some nobody.

What are your arguments to explain it? I'm curious. How is people supposed to know about Geralt and Triss Merigold? Would you like Geralt to tell everyone he meets? ''Hey! You, yeah you! Apple merchant, listen here friend, I've abandoned Yennefer of Vengerberg and I'm now with Triss Merigold, alright? Got it? Good, see you!''

---------- Updated at 09:28 PM ----------

Seriously? Even the title of your thread is mocking. You blatantly stated earlier that Triss' fans have an "unhealthy obsession" with her character, that we treat her like a "waifu," and then you proceed to label everyone who romances Triss as a jaded ex-Bioware fan. What about that is not insulting?

And like I said, it's hypocritical as well. You are defending Geralt's romance with Yennefer, while simultaneously attacking in-game relationships in general and Triss' in particular.
Look, you really don't seem to understand where we're coming from.

Geralts and Yennefers relationship is legendary. WE are not calling it legendary, it IS legendary within the story of the Witcher universe. So naturally, anyone who recognizes Yennefer or Geralt, is going to automatically assume that they're together. Do you understand?
Unless you're suggesting Geralt and Triss tell everyone they meet that they're together, having NPC's somehow know that they're together is ridicilous.

Almost two months in fact: the couple of weeks in TW1 and the month in Temerian camp. Ok... maybe 3.

You know its off topic but CDPR should come out with a timeline for the events that happened after the books it would be pretty neat.

I can't be held accountable for you feeling ''triggered''. I'm making an educated guess to explain what's currently happening in the Witcher games fanbase, if you somehow feel targeted by my description, then you likely fit the description. It isn'y my intention to ''ridicule'' you, but if you still feel ''ridiculed'', then that's your problem. You can't hold me accountable for it.

I agree completely, the weak epilogues, Eredin's lack of dialogue, monsters having limited movesets etc. and the only problem CDPR is acknowledging is Triss dialogue. Seriously?

And the point is....in this regard is not CDPR fault, because they understandable look to the hottiest threads, and one of them, unfortunately, involve Triss romance.

You know its off topic but CDPR should come out with a timeline for the events that happened after the books it would be pretty neat.

The relationship with Geralt only exists in games so add the relative time that Geralt spends in TW1.. if you romance her (if you romance Shani, obviously the time is shorter) to the month that pass between the last scene in TW1 and the first in TW2 and you'll have the real lifespan of their relationship

Last edited:
Yes and the certain issue some fans AND devs find out is the lack of consequences regarding Triss romance which is inadequate to the core philosophy of the witcher games. Nothing new and no waifucation whatsoever, only inconsistencies fixed.

Honestly, I think that the waifucation exists. Mainly because it's not a problem related only with Triss o Yen's romance. It's about everything: the main plot (Ciri is not the same character as in the books, The Wild Hunt barely talks, a LOT of characters from the W1 and W2 are missing), the politics (the lack of choices in Reasons of State, the politics of Skellige is too simple) and the choices are mostly unidimensional (white or black). For me, it's clear that CDPR did the game in order to atrract new players, basically because they don't put much effort doing the story and a lot of this effort in building a massive world (some people thinks that is too massive) with high graphics and details. Personally, i think they achieved their objective, a new player must be impressed with the W3 but for the people who have been following this saga, it's a poor and sad conclusion. It's just my opinion

Oh i know that their relationship didn't even last that long i just thought it would be cool to see dates for certain events.

If any new content related to Triss should be added to the game, it should be about Triss' actions in the books towards Ciri, and her manipulation of Geralts amnesia, that would be sought after, necessary and worthwhile addition to the Witcher 3, while addressing the feeling apparently many of the ''Triss fans'' are feeling. For example it could be brought up that Triss tried to trick Geralt into thinking they were together before he lost his memory, and it should also be brought up that Triss tried to make Ciri a Koviri prince's personal fucktoy.

But if that would require too much resources, then there's much more important stuff to focus on, such as lack of dialogue between Yennefer and Ciri, or overall very lacking dialogue with and between characters during Act 3.

Honestly, I think that the waifucation exists. Mainly because it's not a problem related only with Triss o Yen's romance. It's about everything: the main plot (Ciri is not the same character as in the books, The Wild Hunt barely talks, a LOT of characters from the W1 and W2 are missing), the politics (the lack of choices in Reasons of State, the politics of Skellige is too simple) and the choices are mostly unidimensional (white or black). For me, it's clear that CDPR did the game in order to atrract new players, basically because they don't put much effort doing the story and a lot of this effort in building a massive world (some people thinks that is too massive) with high graphics and details. Personally, i think they achieved their objective, a new player must be impressed with the W3 but for the people who have been following this saga, it's a poor and sad conclusion. It's just my opinion

If you're talking through the 3 games I can't agree as I really feel a downgrade when it comes to romances in TW3.
If you're talking from the book to the games, yes I think you're right but don't know enough from the book so can't tell for sure.

Edit: Yes the game was made to get new players and you're 100% right on this part and this is why Triss, Yenn, Erendin etc fans ask for more and better content. not_important should support us, not blame us lol ;)

Last edited:
If any new content related to Triss should be added to the game, it should be about Triss' actions in the books towards Ciri, and her manipulation of Geralts amnesia, that would be sought after, necessary and worthwhile addition to the Witcher 3, while addressing the feeling apparently many of the ''Triss fans'' are feeling. For example it could be brought up that Triss tried to trick Geralt into thinking they were together before he lost his memory, and it should also be brought up that Triss tried to make Ciri a Koviri prince's personal fucktoy.

But if that would require too much resources, then there's much more important stuff to focus on, such as lack of dialogue between Yennefer and Ciri, or overall very lacking dialogue with and between characters during Act 3.

The reference to the manipulation already exist in The Witcher 3.
But yes, Geralt would never forgive Triss for what she have done.
The romance shouldn't even exist.

Then it must've been a very insignificant reference because I don't recall anything of the sort. And yes I agree, this whole ''romance option'' thing just makes games worse. They should stick to Triss in TW1 and TW2 and Yennefer in TW3, it would make for a better story because it would give CDR the space to flesh Geralts relationship to both throughout the three games much better than they can if it's all optional.

I don't know what to say, other than, live and let live. Personally I couldn't care less about romances, having it or not, being prominent or not, or with who.

But yes, Geralt would never forgive Triss for what she have done.
The romance shouldn't even exist.

I was actually pretty miffed that yen didn't call triss out on the shit that she pulled. If they add new triss content then they need to add a conversation were yen confronts triss on her past actions, after all if its about inconsistencies then they need to fix this as its a glaring issue. Also i find it hard to imagine that geralt would ever forgive triss, she was part of the lodge that had terrible plans for ciri, geralt would not simply just forgive that. Also come on people why does this thread only have one star, he raises good points.

Also come on people why does this thread only have one star, he raises good points.
For every normal person, there's atleast ten people who are so called ''Triss fans''

To even suggest that CDR should stay faithful to the series they've created themselves, and not cave in to ridicilous demands, is equal to heresy in these peoples eyes.

Then it must've been a very insignificant reference because I don't recall anything of the sort. And yes I agree, this whole ''romance option'' thing just makes games worse. They should stick to Triss in TW1 and TW2 and Yennefer in TW3, it would make for a better story because it would give CDR the space to flesh Geralts relationship to both throughout the three games much better than they can if it's all optional.

Sorry but we are talking about a video game where choice is significant (or should be) not a book where only story matters. Dude stick with the books and stop playing video games, it's not for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom