Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of gamers everywhere

Multi-player Co-Op. As much as I love a single character focus, not being able to share my adventure especially in a non linear story such as for example skyrim is so saddening and such a waste of such marvelous work. Games like Dragon's Dogma are a nice example. let our friends join our story via lan/internet.

Please for the love of the genre stick closer to the CP2020/Bubblegum Crisis rules/tech level. Cyber Generation and CP3.0 were just so off base and hard to relate to. I see you referenced familiarity and all that being important, tech levels being at the right spot to not feel too alien.

I would love to see this as an MMO in the future and I hope this will be a great starting ground. The teaser has me very hyped. Keep the funding strong, don't let this ip dwindle the possibilities are welcomed and needed in the video game industry.

Dark Gritty, yet Bright and Glamorous. Depending on where and when you are.

Of all the things in the world, I want to FAIL.

I want to be HUNTED.
I want to be CHEATED.
I want to BLEED.
I want to SUFFER.
I wabnt to be the BAD guy in a BAD world.
I want to FLEE.
I want to be CHASED.
I want to live by my own rules, be HUNTED for that, lose a lot of times, but succeed THAT ONE TIME it really counts, IF I deserve it. And to have success, I want to make HARD choices, to CHEAT, ro BETRAY the ones I love, to be FORCED to do bad stuff.

Every victory should have the bitterness of BILE in my mouth.

Ah, plus:

-- I want to build my own punk. I have come to hate playing the lives of a pre-given hero, even if he or she is an interesting person. There is nothing wrong with developing a pre-given hero per se, but as things stand there are FAR TOO MANY games based on that principle. I want to build MY character, and tell/live MY story.

The combination of the freedom of full customization of the character combined with character voicing (also customizable, preferably not from presets, but with some kind of a voice builder) would be a dream come true. There was a time when mute characters became the thing, but thankfully that fad is starting to fade, as we've gotten more and more voiced protagonists.

Ah, plus:

-- I want to build my own punk. I have come to hate playing the lives of a pre-given hero, even if he or she is an interesting person. There is nothing wrong with developing a pre-given hero per se, but as things stand there are FAR TOO MANY games based on that principle. I want to build MY character, and tell/live MY story.

I agree with this.

Too often in video games you're supposed to be this awesome Space Marine/ Assassin/ Soldier yet your first few hours of play makes you wonder how you even made out of bed that morning, much less the high level of training you're supposed to have received.

I'd rather start off with no skills and build up to those instead of having this massive array of training and history that you bumble around with the first part of the game trying to make it all work.

OH boy..... I would like to start by saying I have been waiting for this for a VERY long time.
I think that, if your going to call int a reboot of the classic 2020 series, then you would have to include most of the following:

1) Deadly combat. If I don't have good body armor, I'm going to die after 2-4 good shots. This should have an effect on active game play (meaning i have to deal with it until i get healed), but should also be something that can have long-term effects on game play (creating the need to get chrome to be "normal" again)
-This has the added bonus of creating alternate story lines if your totally combat based vs a social based player that avoids combat, (and thusly the need for replacement parts)

2) Style. This whole game was all about style, so this would have to be a major part of the whole game. Its only logical that different stores in different places would sell different clothes. Its about more then clothes, its about hair, and tattoo's and modified genetics to alter your appearance (which may even change your stats if it gets so far) 1980's cyberpunk. with its leather jackets, wicked piercings, wild hair, dark shades and kill count tattoos, one side was gritty and dark, but almost pure somehow, with a sense of flash and presentation all its own. The other presented a world of power suits (the kinds with ties, not missiles) bright holographic advertising, super bright colored spandex, wild hair, digital make-up,and perfect bodies, all Corporate and dripping with all the sex and other marketing it can manage to distract everyone from the evils in inflicts on the world. Cyberpunk was covered with all the 80's excess-laden veneer the world could muster.

3) Hacking. Another core concept. this is something that has to be a major aspect of the game. This doesn't mean that it is the most important aspect of game play (the matrix online is dead for a reason) but it should be something relevant to one aspect of the game

Speaking of which...

4) Multiple Game play dynamics. This is a tricky one.....
-If a Solo is made set up for fully automatic heavy weapons, that Solo shouldn't have the same mission list as a Rockerboy with 3 hit singles on tour. So when creating a character, the player would have to choose a Role, and that would limit some of the story options, however this would enable much more depth into the areas and NPC's that would be encountered based on your Role.
-Then there is the question of forced replay vs 100% play thoughs.... It would inspire force the creation of a near-perfect superhuman by the end of the game, or force the player to replay through the game multiple times to complete the entire storyline. I have an idea to solve this.
---Storywebbing. Instead of creating Pierce, the cycle-loving Solo, and running all through the north side of the city, will have his story and effects on both the storyline and the city environment. Then the player creates Miko the Rockerboy (or girl, just to be fair) and the environment she encounters and has to react to have been altered by Pierce's actions. This would create the need to have a save setup where you have both the city and PC in different save files. I see this as loading the city, then picking the character.

5) Make it custom. Everyone on here seems to keep talking about this, mainly because it's one of the most important parts of cyberpunk. If they ran with this multi-PC idea, then the ability to create a personal look for each PC would be most satisfying. this look would have to incorporate many aspects, such as:
-hair
-eyes
-piercings
-tattoos
-scars
-chrome
-grafts (if they want to include genetic alterations)
-clothes (and this would be broken up into multiple locations on the body, as well as layered on)
-gear (such as your guns, computer, or even briefcases)

6) Interface. Lots of votes for 1st or 3rd person perspective, each implying a different style of game play based around this perspective. With the improvement of technology, the idea always seems to be on more realistic and detail then the last, but consider the Resident Evil remake on the gamecube. still maintaining the original static camera, the improved graphics added an new degree to the existing game play. perhaps a a static camera with impressive graphics involved would enable a deeper degree of involvement. also, if it changed the interface depending on the character (this is once again running with the idea that there are Multiple PC's in the city) such as a 1st person shooting interface (possibly with a VATS like system) would have a H.U.D based out of the sunglasses or a cyber-eye, where as the netrunner would have a Net interface with different gages and such.

7) Mini-Games. Something else mentioned a bunch, for all kinds of things such as lockpicking, hacking, and many others. Many votes on quick-time (actively occurring) events, which could be allowed to happen, if some sort of switch was included to disable them during storyline events. Skills could also be trained via mini-games, however there should be something setup to prevent the usage issues of GTA SA. Perhaps a skill training object placed in your house/base area.

8) Driving. This is a tricky subject... too much and this could become another GTA, too little and we get a bad Jak II... With a improve as you use system, skill could progress as in GTA SA, possibly enabling additional interface options or abilities when driving. Then comes the question of types (bikes, car, hovercraft, ect) wheels or hovering (followed by street level or flying) performance (have to be able to improve whatever it is) and visual effects, which may or may not have anything to do with actual performance.

9)Housing. Lost of requests for a house, that can be customized in many ways. This sounds nice, but the truth is that cyberpunk doesn't have much in the way of permanent housing. almost everyone rents, if they do more then get a cheap room (or even a tube, in some cases) and that depends on how long it takes them to need sleep in the first place. Having a house or something is much more the area of the high-end Corp Executives, almost exclusively, and even then only a highly expense (and fairly difficult to hack) security system (or a possible team if they rank high enough) keeps it safe from the various evils of the world.
-I still want a nice blade runner style apartment with the floating takeout truck that comes up my window like in the 5th element. Thats just cool.
-If we are able to get houses, some kind of skill training object/NPC could be used to assist with the active event issues.

10) Personal Hygiene. This could actually be an important aspect of this game, seeing as this is all about style. growth of hair (facial or otherwise) would be an interesting concept to bring to the style system, this could create a few layers of depth.

11) FOOD AND DRINKING. Not a big fan of the "you have to eat" system, but this is something else that could be included to add a few more degrees of depth. If nothing else, there has to be some kind of eating system to restore health or willpower or something. mainly hear for the boozing that your character should be doing.

12) SEX!!! Not really needed, but its happening all over the city. the option of hooking up with NPCs is always an interesting dynamic to offer, however this can break down when performed (hate to say it but that happens a lot). However this is handled, it should be prevalent in some sense.

13) DRUGS!!!!!!! These are happening. And they should happen a lot. And they should do very strange things other then just buff and debuffs. And they should probably be really bad. Also, Smoking? Please? Can we please have the OPTION of smoking? you don't have to make in required, but if you do smoke it BECOMES required. Like a real smoker. I cant think of a game where that's happened before..

13) AND ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!! Come on, this has to be here. Including the option of uploading a personal music collection is a wonderful idea. Please note, the player should not have heard of ANY of the bands on the soundtrack, and if done correctly, will never hear from again after. Wishing nothing bad to said bands, there is something strangely proper about that concept.

I am not trying to against other ppls ideas, but changing the voice of the character or voice editing might not be the thing u real want.

I can change my voice with a good karaoke machine with an equalizer. My voice can be very different, but not the tone of my voice.

for example, when a person playing as a nobleman and say the word "sorry", he might say "Sorry" differently when he's playing as a thug.

I dont mind a voice editor, but if we want a different tone for our character, i think CD Projekt will need to heir ppl to record different versions.

I am not trying to against other ppls ideas, but changing the voice of the character or voice editing might not be the thing u real want.

I can change my voice with a good karaoke machine with an equalizer. My voice can be very different, but not the tone of my voice.

for example, when a person playing as a nobleman and say the word "sorry", he might say "Sorry" differently when he's playing as a thug.

I dont mind a voice editor, but if we want a different tone for our character, i think CD Projekt will need to heir ppl to record different versions.

Most NPC voices in games are already heavily modified in post, and they sound just fine. My point was that rather than having to hire 200 people to do the same lines, you could hire 20 and use software to give the voices just a little bit of nuances. There's a reason Bethesda uses like five people to do all the voices; voice actors cost money, and the actual recording of the lines costs money as well.

These days the technology of synthesizing speech is pretty advanced. It's by no means perfect yet, but it's far enough that there could very well be games in the near future where you can actually type in what you want your character to say, then actually hear him or her speaking those words, and the NPC can then pick up words from what you just wrote, and answer accordingly.

It's not exactly Microsoft Sam anymore.

http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-speech-interactive-demo.html
http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
http://www.modeltalker.com/comparison.html (compare actual vs synthesized)

Like I said, synthesized speech has come pretty far. Although in most cases you can clearly hear it's synthesized, I'm sure in not too long a while you can't anymore.

most likely it will, now it's early to say anything

It is better than say nothing Adittya.

OH boy..... I would like to start by saying I have been waiting for this for a VERY long time.
I think that, if your going to call int a reboot of the classic 2020 series, then you would have to include most of the following:

1) Deadly combat. If I don't have good body armor, I'm going to die after 2-4 good shots. This should have an effect on active game play (meaning i have to deal with it until i get healed), but should also be something that can have long-term effects on game play (creating the need to get chrome to be "normal" again)
-This has the added bonus of creating alternate story lines if your totally combat based vs a social based player that avoids combat, (and thusly the need for replacement parts)

2) Style. This whole game was all about style, so this would have to be a major part of the whole game. Its only logical that different stores in different places would sell different clothes. Its about more then clothes, its about hair, and tattoo's and modified genetics to alter your appearance (which may even change your stats if it gets so far) 1980's cyberpunk. with its leather jackets, wicked piercings, wild hair, dark shades and kill count tattoos, one side was gritty and dark, but almost pure somehow, with a sense of flash and presentation all its own. The other presented a world of power suits (the kinds with ties, not missiles) bright holographic advertising, super bright colored spandex, wild hair, digital make-up,and perfect bodies, all Corporate and dripping with all the sex and other marketing it can manage to distract everyone from the evils in inflicts on the world. Cyberpunk was covered with all the 80's excess-laden veneer the world could muster.

3) Hacking. Another core concept. this is something that has to be a major aspect of the game. This doesn't mean that it is the most important aspect of game play (the matrix online is dead for a reason) but it should be something relevant to one aspect of the game

Speaking of which...

4) Multiple Game play dynamics. This is a tricky one.....
-If a Solo is made set up for fully automatic heavy weapons, that Solo shouldn't have the same mission list as a Rockerboy with 3 hit singles on tour. So when creating a character, the player would have to choose a Role, and that would limit some of the story options, however this would enable much more depth into the areas and NPC's that would be encountered based on your Role.
-Then there is the question of forced replay vs 100% play thoughs.... It would inspire force the creation of a near-perfect superhuman by the end of the game, or force the player to replay through the game multiple times to complete the entire storyline. I have an idea to solve this.
---Storywebbing. Instead of creating Pierce, the cycle-loving Solo, and running all through the north side of the city, will have his story and effects on both the storyline and the city environment. Then the player creates Miko the Rockerboy (or girl, just to be fair) and the environment she encounters and has to react to have been altered by Pierce's actions. This would create the need to have a save setup where you have both the city and PC in different save files. I see this as loading the city, then picking the character.

5) Make it custom. Everyone on here seems to keep talking about this, mainly because it's one of the most important parts of cyberpunk. If they ran with this multi-PC idea, then the ability to create a personal look for each PC would be most satisfying. this look would have to incorporate many aspects, such as:
-hair
-eyes
-piercings
-tattoos
-scars
-chrome
-grafts (if they want to include genetic alterations)
-clothes (and this would be broken up into multiple locations on the body, as well as layered on)
-gear (such as your guns, computer, or even briefcases)

6) Interface. Lots of votes for 1st or 3rd person perspective, each implying a different style of game play based around this perspective. With the improvement of technology, the idea always seems to be on more realistic and detail then the last, but consider the Resident Evil remake on the gamecube. still maintaining the original static camera, the improved graphics added an new degree to the existing game play. perhaps a a static camera with impressive graphics involved would enable a deeper degree of involvement. also, if it changed the interface depending on the character (this is once again running with the idea that there are Multiple PC's in the city) such as a 1st person shooting interface (possibly with a VATS like system) would have a H.U.D based out of the sunglasses or a cyber-eye, where as the netrunner would have a Net interface with different gages and such.

7) Mini-Games. Something else mentioned a bunch, for all kinds of things such as lockpicking, hacking, and many others. Many votes on quick-time (actively occurring) events, which could be allowed to happen, if some sort of switch was included to disable them during storyline events. Skills could also be trained via mini-games, however there should be something setup to prevent the usage issues of GTA SA. Perhaps a skill training object placed in your house/base area.

8) Driving. This is a tricky subject... too much and this could become another GTA, too little and we get a bad Jak II... With a improve as you use system, skill could progress as in GTA SA, possibly enabling additional interface options or abilities when driving. Then comes the question of types (bikes, car, hovercraft, ect) wheels or hovering (followed by street level or flying) performance (have to be able to improve whatever it is) and visual effects, which may or may not have anything to do with actual performance.

9)Housing. Lost of requests for a house, that can be customized in many ways. This sounds nice, but the truth is that cyberpunk doesn't have much in the way of permanent housing. almost everyone rents, if they do more then get a cheap room (or even a tube, in some cases) and that depends on how long it takes them to need sleep in the first place. Having a house or something is much more the area of the high-end Corp Executives, almost exclusively, and even then only a highly expense (and fairly difficult to hack) security system (or a possible team if they rank high enough) keeps it safe from the various evils of the world.
-I still want a nice blade runner style apartment with the floating takeout truck that comes up my window like in the 5th element. Thats just cool.
-If we are able to get houses, some kind of skill training object/NPC could be used to assist with the active event issues.

10) Personal Hygiene. This could actually be an important aspect of this game, seeing as this is all about style. growth of hair (facial or otherwise) would be an interesting concept to bring to the style system, this could create a few layers of depth.

11) FOOD AND DRINKING. Not a big fan of the "you have to eat" system, but this is something else that could be included to add a few more degrees of depth. If nothing else, there has to be some kind of eating system to restore health or willpower or something. mainly hear for the boozing that your character should be doing.

12) SEX!!! Not really needed, but its happening all over the city. the option of hooking up with NPCs is always an interesting dynamic to offer, however this can break down when performed (hate to say it but that happens a lot). However this is handled, it should be prevalent in some sense.

13) DRUGS!!!!!!! These are happening. And they should happen a lot. And they should do very strange things other then just buff and debuffs. And they should probably be really bad. Also, Smoking? Please? Can we please have the OPTION of smoking? you don't have to make in required, but if you do smoke it BECOMES required. Like a real smoker. I cant think of a game where that's happened before..

13) AND ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!! Come on, this has to be here. Including the option of uploading a personal music collection is a wonderful idea. Please note, the player should not have heard of ANY of the bands on the soundtrack, and if done correctly, will never hear from again after. Wishing nothing bad to said bands, there is something strangely proper about that concept.

You have a bunch of great points there.

1. FULL Character Customization. (Male, Female, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Old, Young, Fat, Skinny, Clothing, Tattoos, Hair.) [ Is it too much to ask for full voice acting for our character? ]

2. Third-Person Perspective. Similar to The Witcher, Uncharted or that new game called "Watch Dogs".

3. A very LONG game experience. I want to be in this cyberpunk world for 20 HOURS MINIMUM.

4. I want a large range of choices for gameplay. [ Burst in guns blazing, hack systems, lethal or non lethal stealth. ]

5. I want a house, or an apartment that I can go back to as a place to store things or upgrade.

during conversations it would be nice to see that when you linger on answering people's question depending on the question they would change their tune or even refuse to talk to you..........(maybe its too soon to ask things like this but , I think it would be cool)

it would be nice to have a difficulti where there is no save game and only autosaves at sertain points < like when you do something or make a choice theres no coming back..................

it would be awesome to be able to cut le limbs of your apponents ............(with classic version of katana "from the past")

the idea of afterlife club would be something to consider...........(clubs in mass effect trilogy were cool but there was nothing more you could do , make it more realistic 2015 for fucksakes)

3. A very LONG game experience. I want to be in this cyberpunk world for 20 HOURS MINIMUM.

I would like to be there for more like 2000 :p 20 hours=no flexibility, linear and no replayability.... 2000 means the devs have done what i suspect most of us want :) (And they have lived up to their promise of giving us something special)

a single witcher 1 playthrough doing everything would last 40-50 hours (give or take), and the same can be said for TW2 on different paths/playthroughs. Games these days hardly last 20 hours. I was pleased with AC3 for being a big experience with so much to do (I clocked in 65 hours in one playthrough with 97% sync)
These are the only few games which put all the rest to shame. I wish (and hopefully sure) that CP2K77 will be a big and best experience

What I've loved about the teaser were the Blade-Runner-like enviroments. The new built around the old, the old architecture with all the "guts" outside. I'm pretty sure the game will have a lot of screenshot potential just like the Witcher. However what bothered me in the Witcher in that regard was Geralt. Not the character of course, but the fact that he was just standing there staticly, basically getting in the way of the screenshot. If the game will be in first person pespective than that won't be a problem obviously, however I've been thinking of something like adding some interesting idle animations or a command menu or console commands for some animations like sitting on a bench, leaning on a wall or lighting a cigarette to add some "flavor" to the screenshot. Since from what I understand the character customization will be kinda a big deal, than it would be also good to show off our "punks" in an as natural situation as possible.

Okay many people have mentioned that about they don't want a cover system (I think because it's somewhat synonymous with a shooter) but if you're going to have deadly combat, you have to have cover, the problem is you need to make cover naturally occurring, you don't just drop a few shipping boxes at opportune places for the sake of cover, they aren't placed there in the first place just in case a shootout occurs at the docks. But by the same token, Cover is necessary if the damage and deadliness of weapons make even a single bullet provide mortal damage, and also because if you're Netrunning on a mobile deck, you're not going to sit in the firing line thinking that you'll be fine in that hail of bullets that you can see raining down on you in the cameras you've hacked

Italian support -_-"

Italian official community and wiki.

Everytime we are forgot :(

then, if it will be like original game it will be perfect.

I want to be able to create the ultimate predator.

So I'm hoping for a crouch to sneak along with a cover system.

Upgradeable implants that enhance your predatory instincts.

>Thermal Radiation signature of NPC's through Eye implants. Seeing through walls, stalking prey.

>Silent running sneak augmentations.

>An implant that gives us neurotoxic / hemotoxic venom or stronger to instantly kill your targets.

>As high tech as the weapons will be in 2077, I would still really love to garrote my enemies. So I'll hope to have fiber wire in handy for silent kills.

>For stealth, let us be able to hide bodies from plain sight. Not necessarily putting bodies in dumpsters just merely putting them out of sight would suffice.

>Some kind of clever technological way to confuse enemies, luring them into traps.

>Spy tech evolved, sending drones the size of bugs to scout ahead for situations. Hearing magnified by cybernetics. Hacking, confusing surveillance cameras with technology, becoming invisible and going off the grid. Away from the government and the corporations.

>Silencers, silencer implants in bodies that make us better assassins as well as silencers for various gun modifications.

----------------------- Stealth is my way of life. Do it justice in this game.

Other things I would love to see....

>Drugs, drugs that have evolved. DMT, LSD, mushrooms, ecstasy, as well as the harder drugs. Along with drugs the nazi's experimented with such as D-IX which in the Fallout series is used as Psycho. Or drugs like in DREDD, that slows the perception of time. That would give us the ability to shoot guns in slow motion style like a John Woo film and seen in countless other video games with differing variations. Just want to be able to hoard drugs from Fixers or buying them online and delivered to your hideout. I want drugs of the future and maybe an implant that gets rid of addiction as well as making us HIGHER ahelluvalot longer. Or an implant that gives us the right amount of drugs everytime.

>I want a relationship with an Android, let us build her from scratch. The perfect AI in a shell of a beautiful work of art. Make it a deeper story than most as this love could potentially be as real as some of the shitty relationships of today.

>Homes, apartments, whatever as long as it has a nice view or is discreet. Whatever your playstyle is.

>Criminal black hat hacking, stealing identities, passwords, bank accounts, destroying lives in general seems like a fun mini-game. Another mini-game would be making the drugs. Other mini-games can include classic takes on Arcade games such as POLYBIUS. Oh please let us trip out on visuals.

>TECHNO, RAVES, pills, and MOAR TECHNO. Examples you can pull from are the CLR crew, Drumcode, Droid Behavior of Los Angeles, Carl Cox, Richie Hawtin, etc. etc. Please no dubstep, electro, or any of that pop shit. And if you're going to throw any PUNK rock, it should be from the No Wave era in New York like the "No New York" album.

>Make different worlds for all playstyles, the corporates would live lavishly obviously with different events and clubs they go to without being bothered.

>I also want to see how jails/prisons in the future look like and how they have evolved along with the criminal element. Remember, we are cyborgs so whatever external weapons or paraphernalia confiscated our implants should be able to help us escape or at least run the block of criminals. If we were to end up in jail, there should be a storyline inside. A rise to power in the underworld so to speak.

Anyways, that is all for now. I look forward to staying on this forum for the rest of my entire life.

This trailer looks awesome and if you want a view from someone who loves pvp:

MMO with anywhere-enabled PvP please. I'd like to be able to shoot, hack and with guild inclusion, have the ability to mark specific players for kills to help make open world pvp even better with guild/gang-wars. I'd also like the ability that guilds can be an even larger faction than the game-creator's premade in-game factions. Tagging/billing walls options. In place of leveling, just normal knowledge and armor / weapon upgrades would be awesome and it'd make a modern game if those armors and weapons would be dropped on a players PVP death so it's open for the taking by those nearby. This way everyone has the chance to upgrade on a kill while also giving players another chance to super upgrade themselves playing only against other players.

-Line

This is an Awesome idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom