question about save files !

+
question about save files !

i'm just interested i need just last save file of TW2 for wild hunt or whole save files of TW2 ?

I guess to adapt this thread somewhat. I hope TW3 has a better save system, towards the end of TW2 I had almost 2gb filled just from save files, it was ridiculous.

Completely agree with Vincentdante!
Something like 3 autosave slots cycling would be a lot better.

I very much prefer having all the saves in RPGs, you never know when you might run into a bug or glitch(and that is bound to happen in RPGs) then you'd wish you had an older save and not have to start from the beginning. And I quicksave like every 15-30 secs >_>

I very much prefer having all the saves in RPGs, you never know when you might run into a bug or glitch(and that is bound to happen in RPGs) then you'd wish you had an older save and not have to start from the beginning. And I quicksave like every 15-30 secs >_>

I think it is very rare that you have so big bugs that you need a much older savegame. Having three autosaves and one or two quicksaves as in addition to the manual save is more than sufficient to prevent total loss. And if you prefer to have savegames for your entire playthrough you can just make your own doing manual saves. The autosave system shouldn't clutter your system like the Witcher 2 does.

I usually have two or three manual saves that I switch between every time I end a play session and that works excellent. Even with a game like Skyrim, adding removing mods I don't have problems.

Maybe with games that don't have delayed consequences, you can get by with limited saves. But in these games, if you're going to make a proper study of the game's story, choices, and consequences, you need a full library of saves from each game.

But I agree, there are too many autosaves, and the autosave places are not always well chosen. Better to have only a few autosaves, and a better way of making manual saves.

... and a better way of making manual saves.

In particular, the manual saves should be named - preferably by the player, but at the very least, by location (like TW1). It was a real pain going through the files and trying to work out what were the critical saves to be kept permanently, just based on timestamps.

will we be able to manually save?

did witcher 2 have manual saves and if so that means witchier 3 will have one as well right? it won't be checkpoint system only right?

@bigb131999 - merged with an existing thread about saves.

And, to answer your question, CDPR have never mentioned it, probably because the answer is 99.999999999% likely to be "Yes". Checkpoints wouldn't be appropriate for a game like this, it isn't a linear shooter.

Top Bottom