DRM Free

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
DRM Free

Dear CD Project,

Bravo! Let me applaud you for taking a stand against the tyranny of Draconian Rights Management. I have been annoyed to death with DRM. The unlock code is half unreadable, the activation service or authorization service is down thus you are not allowed to play or something else is wrong that is not your doing. So what is the standard action: lock users out. You payed, you followed every step of their ridiculous process and yet you still cannot play. This is not an incentive for me to buy the game legally. Not when they treat honest customers as thieves, while the actual thieves have a much smoother game experience.

So let me thank you, CD Project. Let me thank you for not treating me like a criminal. Let me thank you for letting me choose to do with the product that I bought as I please. So that I can share my experience more freely with my friends (some of who bought a copy for themselves afterwards). And let me thank you for not wasting time, energy and resources on a system to "protect" your product, but instead spend it on making a thrilling adventure through a grimy world that is worth every cent I payed for it.

Not only did you make the game DRM free, you even improved upon it after release. Without charge for people who bought the game when it first came out. I wish your mentality was copied by more of the industry, because it would be a more open and enjoyable one to work in. I hope your stand against DRM will be copied by more game manufacturers and publishers.

I wish you all the best making The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk and any and all adventures you will share with us.

A huge fan of both your work and mentality,
Armaron

It's funny that CDPR, striving to be fair and ethical, stands out as a unique company among an ocean of ridiculously oppressive corporations. In other words, we're amazed at a group of people who do things the way things should be done. Cheers to CDPR, and let's hope more companies will try to be like them.

Seeing that there is a topic on this already and link as been give there not point in keeping this one open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom