Philippa's stiletto

+
Philippa's stiletto

Just before the talk with Letho and if you've decided to rescue Triss on Iorveth's path, you need to kill some Kaedweni knights who have captured Iorveth. One of them carries Philippa's stiletto, labelled as a quest item. Is it useless or will we get the chance in TW3 to break the spell on Saskia if the savegame is imported? What do you think?

Geralt takes it with the intent to use it to lift the spell from Saskia if he gets the chance. I do not know whether he will; I would like to be wrong about this, but my expectation is that he will not. I think Saskia/Saessenthesis is too far removed, both in her territory and what we can guess of the events, from TW3.

My personal take-away from choosing to save Triss on Iorveth's path is that Iorveth is very badly injured and his days as a front line commander are very likely over. However, I can't imagine that CDPR devs put that quest item in the game just as troll bait, or for misdirection. I also can't imagine that CDPR is going to completely abandon the great characters and unresolved story arcs that made TW2 one of the best RPGs ever. Geographical distance doesn't really seem to matter much in TW2, as you can traverse the entire countryside in a brief cinematic, so I wouldn't be surprised to see major characters and their unresolved arcs in TW3.

Top Bottom