Battles in TW3

+

Battles in TW3

• A huge, epic battle would be nice if it's well executed!

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • I hope there won't be such a huge battle in game at all.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I think it wouldn't fit the gameplay style

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
Battles in TW3

Since there is a war going on and fifty hours of main quest I think it is not unlikely we experience a battle,
a large skirmish where we side either with Nilfgaard or the Northern Kingdoms. I’m not talking of something like the battle of Vergen,
I talk about a battle of the dimension like Brenna or Sodden. Maybe it takes place in Novigrad so we can call it the Battle of Novigrad,
since we don’t know if Tretogor is in the game. The united armies of Redania and Kaedwen and the leftovers of Temeria and Aedirn
and of course the smaller kingdoms like Kovir and Poviss against the army of Nilfgaard.

But the point is that I never played a believable battle that size in a game.

Either there were too few opponents or it was simply badly executed so it doesn’t feel like a battle.
Furthermore the playstyle of the game couldn’t fit a battle like this.

What do you think? Did you ever played a well-executed large battle in an rpg?
Would you like an epic, huge battle or think there is no need for it at all?

Since there is a war going on and fifty hours of main quest I think it is not unlikely we experience a battle,
a large skirmish where we side either with Nilfgaard or the Northern Kingdoms. I’m not talking of something like the battle of Vergen,
I talk about a battle of the dimension like Brenna or Sodden. Maybe it takes place in Novigrad so we can call it the Battle of Novigrad,
since we don’t know if Tretogor is in the game. The united armies of Redania and Kaedwen and the leftovers of Temeria and Aedirn
and of course the smaller kingdoms like Kovir and Poviss against the army of Nilfgaard.

But the point is that I never played a believable battle that size in a game.

Either there were too few opponents or it was simply badly executed so it doesn’t feel like a battle.
Furthermore the playstyle of the game couldn’t fit a battle like this.

What do you think? Did you ever played a well-executed large battle in an rpg?
Would you like an epic, huge battle or think there is no need for it at all?

Kovir and Poviss are not small at all, quite the contrary in fact :p. But they are neutral, at least officially.

Regarding the battles, I'm not sure Geralt would want to enter any, and he would only fight in one, while being forced to do so :D.
It would be cool to see one in game though, I quite enjoyed the Vergen Siege, and a battle of the scale of Brenna, while quite difficult to achieve, would be really epic.

Right. But they hopefully realize that Emhyr won't stop after the eventual defeat of Redania and Kaedwen and finally join in in the fight of the freedom of the north.:)

There is no option for "no, only because my PC will melt in a process of rendering all this beautiful graphics".
Epic battles happen basically once in a lifetime. It will be fine if Geralt will take part in smaller ones.
And epic battle can be shown as a cinematic to give us the feel of it.

We could witness an epic battle.

You know, like we have a quest where we just chase the Wild Hunt because they have been attacking villages at the border of the frontlines, and then Geralt walks up a hill/mountain and down below you can see hundreds of soldiers fighting against each other in a blazing battlefield, and you see 1 or 2 mages standing there and casting spells and stuff.

Just witnessing it, because you are on another mission, but you see it shortly, but have to go in another direction if you want to continue the story then.
You know, as distant observer.

Also, agree on the cinematic. Maybe a flashback of Geralt remembering how it was when the fighting started and he observed it while traveling or something like that.

But that would need to be one hell of a cinematic.

Are we not wourth it?
:rebel:

Maybe a flashback of Geralt remembering how it was when the fighting started and he observed it while traveling or something like that.

As Geralt fully regained his memory there must be many flashbacks to the events from the past (from books).
In one thread we discussed possibility of having our beloved books characters return in the form of such flashbacks. Little fan-service :gathering:

It is not necessary but it would be ok. What I would love to see would be small and bigger skrimishes, sieging of forts and fortresses, defending of villages, pillaging, raping, meeting both forces of Nilfgaard and Nordlings with some options to interfere to save civillians. I hope that No man´s land will not be just destroyed piece of surface and there will be constant cautiousness required to move around. Basically same experience Sapkowsky wrote about in books.

Top Bottom