Forum - bugs and errors

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres some occasional bug when editing a post, i've replicated it but never grab the transition screen in time. At the very top an error says something about variables. The edit still reposts though.

Finally managed to catch the elusive wee bugger:

View attachment 1524

Attachments

• twforumbug.jpg
    twforumbug.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 45
That was a bug? Yeah it popped up for me too a lot but never bothered actually since everything worked normally

Well... its a warning, it does indicate theres a slight problem somewhere. Now that I can see it clearly I could swear i've seen it before (that exact line 323). But its a long time since I worked with php or vBulletin.

If it helps, I believe it happens when you post with the full editor, then edit to fix a slight spelling mistake - like remove two characters & add two characters.

I have unistalled and re-installed :
- Chrome
- Java
- Visual C ++
- Adobe flash

I also deleted all cookies and browsing data, emptied the cache, reseted the browser settings, opened the website using the incognito option and deactivated the firewall... + the only "extension" Chrome is using is "Google Docs".

But the problem is still there :/

Yaaay, something IS going on ! I just go my achievement for being a forum member for 6 years... and only for that : ] And here is a question... shoudn't there be achievments for previous years too ?

Pardon me, but I sense I'm gonna be addicted to getting them as I was with the ones in Starcraft II. What have you done, Reds ?!

They're probably still tweaking it, it looks like - probably a script - got overloaded when we all signed in that first day. I'm not missing as much as you, but I think I should have the one for voting in a poll (i'm not worried mods - just saying!)

and i'm having no problems with firefox, i'm allowing all scripts here, although i've disabled Google Analytics. If this is important for CDPR i'll enable it, just give the word.

Try switching browsers. I don't seem to be having any issues with Firefox.

Thanks, but I doubt the issue is Chorme, i used internet Explorer(i know right :p ) and the issue is till there, also used chrome from 2 different PCs and it worked just fine...

Never had any issue with Chrome before this,so i rather find a fix than switch to Firefox or Safari...

Thanks, but I doubt the issue is Chorme, i used internet Explorer(i know right :p ) and the issue is till there, also used chrome from 2 different PCs and it worked just fine...

Never had any issue with Chrome before this,so i rather find a fix than switch to Firefox or Safari...
Could be with your OS settings Vista and 7 right click any empty area and click "Personalize" and see if DPI settings are at default by clicking Adjust font size .
Also check Chrome>Settings>Advanced under "Web Content to see if Font Size is set to Medium and Page zoom is 100% . Under "System" click the Use hardware acceleration when available .

Could be with your OS settings Vista and 7 right click any empty area and click "Personalize" and see if DPI settings are at default by clicking Adjust font size .
Also check Chrome>Settings>Advanced under "Web Content to see if Font Size is set to Medium and Page zoom is 100% . Under "System" click the Use hardware acceleration when available .

Hi thanks for the answer but still not working; i'm using Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, the DPI is at 100%(default) and the display size(text and other items) is also set at "smaller-100%(default)"
all the other stuff is also as you recomended.

View attachment 1562View attachment 1563View attachment 1564View attachment 1565View attachment 1566

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 41
What if anything happens if you disable windows XP style DPI scaling ?

just did it, it forces me to logg out, but there are no changes that i can see...

duno if this helps for something, but just to make sure, here are my specs:
View attachment 1567
am using a TV as monitor but i don't think that changes anything... as the other websites, forums and everything else in general works fine...

My windows version is 64bit, service pack 1

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Try opening Nvidia control panel and selecting "Adjust desktop size and position" . Mine currently is set to "Aspect ratio"
Perform scaling on = Display
set your resolution and click apply .

Hi, I have small problem with writing here - when I move mouse cursor out of frame for text (no matter where it is - quick reply, normal reply, PM..), I can't write anymore. I don't know if it's bug or if that is intention..

I hope this wasn't already mentioned and I hope I didn't miss some settings for that.

I'm not sure if I should post this here, but I have already write to "Contact us" some days ago and it didn't help.
I have a problem with my old account (Rauter) which I used on old forum (and I would like to use it now as well). I can sing in but I can't send a post, create a new thread and edit my profile (change my avatar, etc.). When I want to reply, it writes me:

Rauter, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Should I wait for a few days? Or is it a pernament problem and I have to use this account?

I’m not sure if this is a glitch/bug/error or not but when I try to click on an achievement (this one for example) I get a “you do not have permission to access this page” message. Is that supposed to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom