Baptism of Fire now available in North America!

+
Baptism of Fire now available in North America!

“Baptism of Fire” by Andrzej Sapkowski has just been released last week in the US, and is now available at Barnes & Noble.

Last edited:

Aditya

Forum veteran
Great! Hopefully should be available all over the place soon then can't wait to get my copy

edit: Ok realized it's already available in Amazon India since March o_O ordered mine as well!

Last edited:
In Brazil only next year... But we got Times of Contempt last week !!
WMF Martins Fontes is releasing a book per year ;)

Wow, didn't knew these books wheren't translated to english, yet. Guess I am too much into waiting for english books getting translated to german.

I already ordered my books (german version) and plan to read it before playing Witcher 3 and maybe re-re-re-re-play Witcher 1 and 2 again, but first I have to finish the books of "A song of Ice and Fire".

It's actually been available for Kindle since at least June 24th, which is when I picked it up. Funnily enough, I had just finished reading the fan translation version during a saga re-read. It was interesting/odd to go through it again with the official release. Some of the translation choices in the official one were a bit...odd. Like Field Marshal Duda becoming Field Marshal Windbag, for instance. I can see why it was done, but it really doesn't sound as good.

Last edited:
I just bought all the books available here in France. Book seven (the Lady of the Lake / La Dame du Lac) was actually released in 2011 ! It is really surprising that English translations are so far behind. I guess american publishers are not willing to translate a Polish book unless there's a successful video-game adaptation behind...
It's also interesting to see some cool covers that weren't influenced by the games :

Top Bottom