Get creative in The Witcher Cosplay Competition!

+
Get creative in The Witcher Cosplay Competition!

Without a doubt, The Witcher has always had the most talented community out there. Each month you guys send us tons of great fan art, musical tracks, fanfics and stuff so amazing that we sometimes decide to hang it on the walls here in the studio. The time has come to give you a chance to create something really amazing and get rewarded for your hard work. Ladies and Gents, ready your inner seamsters and seamstresses--The Witcher Cosplay Contest is here.

The objective is simple--cosplay one of the characters from the Witcher universe and make us bow in recognition of your amazing skill and/or idea. If this is your first time cosplaying a character from a game, don’t worry--even if you think you don’t have what it takes, we might think you do. Fun comes first!

What we’ll be looking at:

- Likeness to character
- Craftsmanship
- Presentation (i.e. how you look in the costume or how your photographs present it)
- Wow factor (overall impact of the costume, i.e. how low did our jaws drop)
- Originality

Who will be looking at it:

We’ve invited professional cosplayers to help us pick the winners.

-Eve Beauregard,
-Nadya Sonika,
-LeeAnna VAMP,
-Shappi,
-CD PROJEKT RED team members

The Prizes

First place:
- You’ll have the chance to attend several events and show your costume to Witcher fans, all expenses paid by us.
- You’ll get 1000USD- You’ll get a replica of the jewelry worn by a character from The Witcher game
- You’ll get a Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt signed by the team, and a special concept art from the game framed and signed by its author

Second place:
- You’ll get 500USD- You’ll get a replica of the jewelry worn by a character from The Witcher game
- You’ll get a Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt signed by the team, and a special concept art from the game framed and signed by its author

Third place:
- You’ll get a replica of the jewelry worn by a character from The Witcher game

What’s the submission window and when will you announce the winners?
You have to submit your work between the 24th of July and the 30th of October, 2014. We will announce the winners soon after the submission period ends.

Who can enter and how do I do it?
You can submit your work via the special website located here. Just attach your photos to the email it prepares for you and you’re done. Only one entry per contestant, although you can send us more than one picture of your work. Please read the rules to check for territorial limitations.

All the information and detailed contest rules can be found on its official website.

Ready? Set, Go!

Sounds like fun! Many thanks to CDPR for all of the contests they are doing to get the fans involved. I can't wait to see what people do!

Hmmm....wonder if I could get something done by then. Plus I could use it for Halloween.....

Last edited:
Although surely, someone will say I do not respect your work, allow me a little advice, not criticism. To avoid breaking the immersion Try to hide the zippers and any details not known in the Middle Ages.

And dare it! The challenge worth it!

Good luck brave creators!

I'm waiting for a badass Geralt, and an epic Eredin or Avalla'ch; any Wild Hunt's cosplay! :3 Or Regis!! Please good people.. just wondering If someone makes good Loredo? would they win? :eek:

Those are some pretty generous prizes. This is a brilliant way to drum up interest and interact with the community.

Awesome prizes. Really neat and it's good that they give a long time for it. I won't be able to participate cause I lack the skill. By the way, say someone has a friend or family member that can make a cosplay outfit, what is your stance on it? I read the rules, but could not clearly make it out.

Last edited:
Awesome prizes. Really neat and it's good that they give a long time for it. I won't be able to participate cause I lack the skill. By the way, say someone has a friend or family member that can make a cosplay outfit, what is your stance on it? I read the rules, but could not clearly make it out.

While it's only indirectly stated, the detailed rules seem to lean against it.
"tests the Entrants’ specific creative and artistic skills"
"Entries must be originally produced by the Entrant."
"DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANTS SKILL LEVEL"

I take that to mean that although I am as clumsy a tailor as my daughter is gifted, the contest is not a test of her skill but of mine, and if the work were not my own, I could not submit it.

Off course. I wouldn`t miss that. Really beautifull girls and very cool cosplay.
Cosplay....

I hope there will be at least one male character... except Geralt ofc.
Well... Geralt is really hard to play properly. I just cant find any really good cosplay samples for that. The one who was much closer was Kamil from future Witcher fan movie. Good cosplay isn`t just costume, you must act well too.

Last edited:
Well, theres plenty of time actually, so I might give it a shot. The only really intimidating thing is that because of the HUGE growth on fanbase there will be tons of people with real tailor expertise (or moms with huge tailor expertise...) :p.

Also, I think that the money prize is the wrong incentive to give, it wont bring up necesarily real fans of the game, but oportunists... I would ve switched the US$1000 dollars for a trip to Warsaw and tour guide to CDP RED HQ, easily...

Well, theres plenty of time actually, so I might give it a shot. The only really intimidating thing is that because of the HUGE growth on fanbase there will be tons of people with real tailor expertise (or moms with huge tailor expertise...) :p.

Also, I think that the money prize is the wrong incentive to give, it wont bring up necesarily real fans of the game, but oportunists... I would ve switched the US$1000 dollars for a trip to Warsaw and tour guide to CDP RED HQ, easily...

I guess that's because the costume itself - a good one - will cost around 1000$ itself...
But you're right nevertheless... "HUGE growth of fanbase" always brings up such things :)

You'd be surprised it's usually 40% women aged 15 - 18 and 60% 18 - 25. From what I've seen.
True. I am surprised because I guess most cosplayers are located in Asia and they're hardly over 18. Even though we'll have to refer to the statistics to know for sure. So it's not the thing to dispute about without the data :)

Off course. I wouldn`t miss that. Really beautifull girls and very cool cosplay.

Well... Geralt is really hard to play properly. I just cant find any really good cosplay samples for that. The one who was much closer was Kamil from future Witcher fan movie. Good cosplay isn`t just costume, you must act well too.

Very true.
It's just far more interesting - to my view - to cosplay King Henselt, Foltest, Radovid or else.
Something more... medieval-ish :cheers:

While reading books I also apictured Witcher world as the world of MEN. Not women. My bad. :hmm:

Top Bottom