The Witcher 3 gameplay demos - Loot?

+

• Loot belongs to an RPG, and loot Belongs to the Witcher, it has a lot of uses and I want it

Votes: 33 89.2%
  • Loot is just a boring + time consuming, collecing monster loot to craft potions or gear is a chore

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Yeah, that is a question I began to ask myself recently.
Does anyone know if there is any loot in The Witcher 3?

So far we have seen some fights with a bunch of different Monsters, but never did they actively loot anything after the fight if I recall that correctly.
And with the alchemy system not clear at the moment (still in the works), does anyone know if we will even have any loot to collect in TW3?

And if no one knows, what do you guess and what is your opinion on it?
Does looting belong to an RPG in your opinion, is it a must have? Or is it a nuisance/chore for you?

sure there will be looting option monster parts colecting, gathering herbs is still in the game, but they don't take the time to show that in demos, same thing happens on the DAI demos, only once did they loot an enemy corpse

Also in the swamp demo after he kills the drowners and continues to follow Johnny, when he passes over a corpse a sign on the button of the screen flashes, saying "Press X to loot".

I like loot to be in all rpg's to a degree but the witcher doesn't need it to as high of an extent as others. I'd like weapons and armour to be mostly gained from shops and quests and for loot to be stuff like money ingredients or crafting items. In sometimes it's fun to be constantly finding better gear but in an rpg like the witcher i want to find armour and weapons that i think are the coolest and keep the stats up by upgrading them. In answer to the original post, i expect loot will be fairly similar as to the Witcher 2 although prehaps with less random junk.

I don't believe that loot belongs to RPGs, period, but for the most part it does suit to the world of the Witcher just fine. The previews have already shown that you get to loot the enemies, so I don't see what the issue is, here.

Yeah, that is a question I began to ask myself recently.
Does anyone know if there is any loot in The Witcher 3?

So far we have seen some fights with a bunch of different Monsters, but never did they actively loot anything after the fight if I recall that correctly.
And with the alchemy system not clear at the moment (still in the works), does anyone know if we will even have any loot to collect in TW3?

And if no one knows, what do you guess and what is your opinion on it?
Does looting belong to an RPG in your opinion, is it a must have? Or is it a nuisance/chore for you?

To your first question, they probably have not generated the loot tables yet. Basically, demo.
Alchemy works like Dragon Age, you "discover resources" which are basically infinite, so you only got to find more. We'll still have loot, though - armor upgrades, trophies etc need it.

Yes, loot belongs in RPGs. It's part of the upgrade system, though it's great if it doesn't become too messy (Borderlands) and there's a way to utilize it to a greater extent (Darksiders 2's possessed weapons system).

Thanks for the answers guys. It seems I have just watched the wrong gameplay footages, since I didn't see any looting, but if some of you have seen it I'm happy.
Nice to know what people think about this topic though :)

We've had this discussion before. There are RPGs out there that do way too much looting (Skyrim, Gothic 3, Two Worlds 2), but no looting would take away a lot of the incentive to explore. IMO, the best solution is to have rare but valuable loot and also add a lot of loot that is very useful in small quantities and nearly useless in large quantities (e.g., merchants refuse to buy it from you or give you a good price).

Top Bottom