Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

+
I wonder if the game would've been released in 2014 as they said they could, which things it would've lost compared to the 2015 version...

if they decided to delay it, it must've been something extremely important, and it worries me what other things maybe they didn't achieve to do.

Meanwhile, in BioWare's office:

Grin.

I just watched the DA:I trailer. Still can't get excited. I kept thinking, "could use a dynamic main character with some kind of animal-totem-theme and scars."

Oh, well. This year promises to be a busy one for me - i shall think of Witcher 3 in 2015 as my reward.

Marcin, as an apology could you announce the system specs earlier? Was just about to buy a new PC, and this kinda set back my plans.

Seriously, this was the one game I was really looking forward to for 2014. My reaction was an energetic punch to my desk table. Oh well, I have mixed fellings, I'm sad because of the delay but at the same time I'm glad because we finally have a release date and CDPROJEKT was honest about this.

Hopefully we get some sort of information like specs or a little gameplay footage.

Last edited:
Marcin, as an apology could you announce the system specs earlier? Was just about to buy a new PC, and this kinda set back my plans.

Bugger.

All fine with the delay, game will be better for it. Let's hope for extended gameplay at E3, and Cyberpunk 2077 news.

Best of luck to the team at CDPR in this last leg. It's an ambitious game, and it's obvious the team is working hard and has the desire to achieve their lofty goals.

Everybody knows CDPR is a company known for dumbing down visuals, right guys?

It's not like they made a specific feature for their previous game that brought most PCs to their knees during its time.

IT'S NOT LIKE THEY DROPPED THE LAST GEN IN FAVOUR OF CURRENT.

Last edited:
Expected...kind of. I'm almost glad, the whole thing just seems too ambitious for a 2014 release. The only thing that sucks is that February is also the beginning of the semester, but oh well... "Take yer time, no woreeh."
Btw, wasn't TW2 supposed to be released in February back then as well?

Last edited:
plot twist: cdpr just wants to work much less so they can play Dark Souls 2

Well, today is a perfect day for such announcement. Now I can go and fully wallow in my misery in Dark Souls 2. Being brutally killed several dozens times right now sounds like a great way to spend this sad evening.

It's not like they made a specific feature for their previous game that brought most PCs to their knees during its time.

Yeah, but people tend to generalizated all, like if Ubisoft was like CD RED, this is terrible, and worst, people belived that !

PD: OMG @ReptilePZ is a Mod now !!!

Nobody is worried about the PC version. I am sure it will look amazing. People do worry however, about the console versions. Have you seen Titanfall on the Xbox One? The game looks pretty flat visually and it's only running at 792P and can't maintain 60fps. Now compare those graphics with what we have seen of the Witcher 3 so far and YES I am worried. I am not saying it's CDPRs fault by any stretch of the imagination. I just think these "next-gen" consoles are underpowered.

Nobody is worried about the PC version. I am sure it will look amazing. People do worry however, about the console versions. Have you seen Titanfall on the Xbox One? The game looks pretty flat visually and it's only running at 792P and can't maintain 60fps. Now compare those graphics with what we have seen of the Witcher 3 so far and YES I am worried. I am not saying it's CDPRs fault by any stretch of the imagination. I just think these "next-gen" consoles are underpowered.
That's because they are underpowered....anyway

Let's not forget that despite the hardware The Witcher 2 was heralded as an amazing looking game even on the 360 and that was PowerPC architecture.

This time all 3 platforms are on the same architecture(x86) which makes things easier. Even if they will have to scale down a few things, I have little doubt that it won't look stunning even on consoles.

Just my 2 cents obviously...
(and Titanfall looks crappy even on PC)

Top Bottom