Mens Lounge

+
Rise O' dead thread!

Has there in recorded history, been a man who has broken up with a woman over curtain dominance?

If not then it might be happening.

Well i'm intrigued, nearest i've gotten is when me ex wife told me off for wiping me nob on a hotel curtain, but staff were so fucking snotty that they deserved some fucking payback. Left 'em a canoe in the bidet as well.

The sovereignty of my curtains has been shamed! Not too long ago she changes out the living room curtains. Fine my place is bachelor heaven. But then to change my bedroom curtains and send me a picture while I'm at work! No Sir I say! They are(were) thick brown and kept the damned evil sun from slapping my face.They were re placed with thin white ones that just invitet the bright bastard in.

"Our bedroom is cryptic she says". Ours? You must mean mine. Ripped them down and set them ablaze I did. Whilst dancing around them like a mad pagan heathen.

This is just like the beginnings of WWI. The part of the Archduke is played by the former curtains, of course.

I'd happily give decorating responsibilities to the girl, if they want it, they do tend to have the decorating gene. Give unto Caesar that which is Caesars. Fact: girls will try to change their men, let them, but choose your battles on ground you can win, and secede ground you don't care about.

I heard a sentence lately...: When a guy tells a girl he loves her, he really means "I love you and wish you stayed the way you are". When a girl tells a guy she loves him, she really means:"I love you... but now you have to start changing"

I heard a sentence lately...: When a guy tells a girl he loves her, he really means "I love you and wish you stayed the way you are". When a girl tells a guy she loves him, she really means:"I love you... but now you have to start changing"

I love you, you're perfect, now change!
Joe DiPietro y Jimmy Roberts

Last edited:
The trick is recognising what parts of you the girl fancies and maintaining that in face of the inevitable onslaught of "improvements" she will try to make. Because she won't tag these parts as not requiring as update. I've seen it happen, a girl change a guy to the point she falls out of love, they get on a roll and don't know where to stop... :p

The reason is clear: she doesn't know what she wants. But I've seen the same situation with men over their women. The changes aren't so obviously but they exist.
The only cure is mutual respect. Nothing else.

Has she started to buy cushions yet? That's when you need to start worrying.

And explain why you need dark curtains, then let her pick ones that meet your needs (assuming she's either thrown out the existing ones or really dislikes them). Compromise is good.

Cushions? Oh Gods no.

Really I don't care what the hell she decorates except for: My man room and the shield that protects my slumber.

How I dealt with marriage is to nod me head and do the opposite of what she wanted, then again i'm divorced and a stubborn bastard who's not really cut out for too much civilised companionship. I remember I once got home from a night shift and our Gert says to me as I hugged and slobbered over me dogs, "You love them animals more than me."

"Aye." I said, and didn't get spoken to for a week. Happiest period of me entire marriage to be honest.

You have every right to be angry with her, no doubt about it.
That said, if you really care about her, try to compromise, as dragonbird said. But keep firm in your position, and let her know that what she did was plain wrong.

Well, speaking as a happily-separated but once-married woman, the WORST thing you could do is keep quiet. Give her the opportunity to fix it, it's what you'd want if the situation was reversed.

The sovereignty of my curtains has been shamed! Not too long ago she changes out the living room curtains. Fine my place is bachelor heaven. But then to change my bedroom curtains and send me a picture while I'm at work! No Sir I say! They are(were) thick brown and kept the damned evil sun from slapping my face.They were re placed with thin white ones that just invitet the bright bastard in.

"Our bedroom is cryptic she says". Ours? You must mean mine. Ripped them down and set them ablaze I did. Whilst dancing around them like a mad pagan heathen.

This is just like the beginnings of WWI. The part of the Archduke is played by the former curtains, of course.

I know that battle all too well, my guy had this insane idea that we needed curtains. After a long war in the store I agreed to those damn thin things as long as he washes them, And I got to install roller shutters to keep the sun out...

The good thing is in the end no more constant window cleaning, he got tired of pulling up the shutters every day and even if he does thanks to the curtains you'll never notice that the windows are dusty and spotty.

Now the battle over electronic devices is a whole other war... He says I have enough electronics, I say an extra coffee maker in the PC room would really be an improvement, maybe even a mini fridge...

Though sometimes I think our roles are reversed.:unsure:

Too much oestrogen in this thread, I thought this was a mans club? :p

The excellent Scottish Psychiatrist R.D. Laing determined that relationships between lovers were analogous to a war, with each side subconsciously trying to win undeclared battles, and gain advantage. This included all kinds of emotional trickery. He made a good argument, which I'd accept may be true in some cases, but certainly not all, it may be the norm, but that does not make it the only way. The trick is to be aware, as ever, to know thyself.

Attachments

• cigars-and-brandy-christopher-mize.jpg
    cigars-and-brandy-christopher-mize.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom