The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
I figured 80 monster catches would be a little much, capturing nekkers and drowners is child's play. Was thinking more along the lines of trolls, queen endregas, leshens, giants, etc. Monsters that are closer to "bosses" than the regular sword fodder. Things like vampires and ghosts would require a silver infused glass cage, something Geralt would have to find schematics for before he could build it.

The different monsters would require different traps and bait to mix it up to prevent the "grinding" experience. Can't lasso a ghost. If they wanted to flesh it out, Geralt would fight a giant or troll to 10% health then lasso his/her feet, giant/troll falls down then Geralt runs up and punches with his sword hilt to knock it out.

Last edited:
@itismedan Realistically in the Witcher universe, capturing something as big as a queen endrega or a giant and putting it in a public zoo is the opposite of what witchers are suppose to do. Drowners and nekkers are probably the best zoo animals since they're pack monsters and aren't that smart as well as being lasso-able, something like a giant or a leshen and you'll have a serious problem. Leshens command nature (a big no no in a zoo) and something as big as a giant in a city is like putting King Kong in New York (which is also a big no no). Lesser vampires would be ideal candidates as well.

"Easy" monsters are the equivalent to lions and elephants, anything dangerous that has anything that resembles intelligence and you'll put life at risk. Out of 80 monsters though (hopefully not including sub-species) there'll most likely be more lesser monsters that would be worthy for a zoo.

Weird how I'm talking about this suggestion like a definitive feature though D:

@itismedan Realistically in the Witcher universe, capturing something as big as a queen endrega or a giant and putting it in a public zoo is the opposite of what witchers are suppose to do. Drowners and nekkers are probably the best zoo animals since they're pack monsters and aren't that smart as well as being lasso-able, something like a giant or a leshen and you'll have a serious problem. Leshens command nature (a big no no in a zoo) and something as big as a giant in a city is like putting King Kong in New York (which is also a big no no). Lesser vampires would be ideal candidates as well.

"Easy" monsters are the equivalent to lions and elephants, anything dangerous that has anything that resembles intelligence and you'll put life at risk. Out of 80 monsters though (hopefully not including sub-species) there'll most likely be more lesser monsters that would be worthy for a zoo.

Weird how I'm talking about this suggestion like a definitive feature though D:

Can see what you're saying, that's why I was suggesting get them down to about 10% health, that way it's sort of like Geralt has wore them out so they won't break the silver chain like Adda the Striga did. Then the bars on the cages would be lined with silver and magically strengthen. Did think about intelligent/magical humanoid monsters in zoos being somewhat cruel/dangerous but was more suggesting larger monsters that are the size of giants and trolls which are of similar size to elephants with less intelligence/dangerous.

Who is Ash Ketchum? It wouldn't have to be just for a zoo, could also be for a fighting pit. I always wondered how they got the monsters for Geralt to fight in TW2 arena. Also, sorcerers always want to experiment on stuff.

EDIT: Ash Ketchum is pokemon.

Last edited:
I wish for the game just to be on stands. Seriously, I have so much faith in CDPR! I know they'll get it right, I'm not even concerned with hoping they'll do this or that... it'll be taken care of already, and if not, it probably wasn't as cool as I figured it would be.

I've read a lot of the posts on this thread and can't remember if this has been posted. I have read a lot of people want a silver chain. I often wondered "why?", "what for?" but realized it would be great as a quest tool for capturing monsters to put in the zoo in Novigrad. Sorry if it's already been mentioned. Don't think it would require a lot of extra work, just attack a monster till its health is, let's say 10%. Geralt pulls out the chain, just one animation similar to the one in TW1 into, lassos the monster (would require a model in chains for every capturable monster, but no need for a unique animation of being lassoed for every monster) then ties the chain to his horse's saddle and drags the now inanimate monster to a drop-off point.

I thought he used the chain to trap dangerous, but silver sensitive creatures (either to remove curses non-lethally e.g. the Striga, Adda (although that failed, as she was too strong) or to reduce the monster's threat level sufficiently to use the sword without as much risk). In similar vein his gauntlet studs are silver, and he uses them to drive off Adda during the canon 'de-cursing' in preference to drawing his sword.)

Since monster hunting is a major element now, I hope we get a detailed and extensive bestiary, even more than what the past two games accomplished. It'd be cool if it included contemporary accounts of dealing with various creatures, similar to how medieval texts described witchcraft, demons and vampirism. Embody the sense of paranoia and mysticism that was so deeply ingrained the in medieval mind. Add to this woodcut style prints illustrating the monsters, and the look of hand written notes on parchment for descriptions.

Attachments

• medieval_illuminated_manuscripts_2.jpg
    medieval_illuminated_manuscripts_2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 38
Given what happened to TW2 after TW1, it would be an excellent surprise if we got a bestiary so classic and fitting with the universe of the game like that; and not just the bestiary but hopefully the whole interface could get such a treatment.

On the other hand, some journalists commented that TW3 uses comic book styled "consequences depictions" like in TW2, so with that approach taken I doubt the game is going back to a more medieval oriented look like in the first game.

I'm still heavily under the influence of Dead Space, so I'd like for some menu screens to be IG, without pausing. It's not possible to do it will all of them, such as with a sci-fi. For example, part of W2's style is that the quests are told as a story by Dandelion, so turning it into something Geralt keeps track of wouldn't be as cool. But the bestiary sounds like a good example of something that can be done IG, with Geralt flipping through pages - or the map being an actual map that our witcher looks at.

I'm still heavily under the influence of Dead Space, so I'd like for some menu screens to be IG, without pausing. It's not possible to do it will all of them, such as with a sci-fi. For example, part of W2's style is that the quests are told as a story by Dandelion, so turning it into something Geralt keeps track of wouldn't be as cool. But the bestiary sounds like a good example of something that can be done IG, with Geralt flipping through pages - or the map being an actual map that our witcher looks at.

There would be a need to accommodate the bestiary and map on the armor, as decals, similar to the trophy hook. Would be weird if Geralt pulled a huge book out of nowhere. Other than that, I like the idea very much, would definitely add more to the immersion factor.

There would be a need to accommodate the bestiary and map on the armor, as decals, similar to the trophy hook. Would be weird if Geralt pulled a huge book out of nowhere. Other than that, I like the idea very much, would definitely add more to the immersion factor.

That's not needed at all. Then what about all other ingredients, trophies , Armour ,sword , we can't see none of them as decals. I don't see a bag or backpack where Geralt stores them. The same thing would count for IG menu screen.

That's not needed at all. Then what about all other ingredients, trophies , Armour ,sword , we can't see none of them as decals. I don't see a bag or backpack where Geralt stores them. The same thing would count for IG menu screen.

When it comes to inventory Geralt doesn't bust out his backpack out of nowhere, it just appears on the screen. What we're talking about here is making Geralt interact with the in-game bestiary or map . Similar to the DS games where Isaac can view instructions off a hologram projected by his armor.
To get the same effect in TW3, Geralt would need to get a bestiary and actually opening it. Making that tome or map appear out of nowhere would just look weird, that's all I was saying.

When it comes to inventory Geralt doesn't bust out his backpack out of nowhere, it just appears on the screen. What we're talking about here is making Geralt interact with the in-game bestiary or map . Similar to the DS games where Isaac can view instructions off a hologram projected by his armor.
To get the same effect in TW3, Geralt would need to get a bestiary and actually opening it. Making that tome or map appear out of nowhere would just look weird, that's all I was saying.

It'd be cool if the bestiaries have sketches made by different artists/scientists or Geralt himself. The drawings could be what the monsters lairs look like or their weakspots and anatomy.

Notes and books should be actual image files of parchment with real ink that fades instead of just text! Cloth Vellum and shit

Does anyone know if there will finally Jennefer between the protagonists of the game??
In The Witcher 2 if I'm not mistaken it was mentioned in the semi trailer ..

I also would like to know if there will be a number Possibility of doing adventures in "party" in some adventures, or if in the end it is always alone.
It would be fantastic in my opinion, be accompanied by around Triss, Jennefer, Zoltan, Dandelion or .......... Regis

And there will be Milva??

In skyrim is scheduled for some adventures this possibility, and in my opinion is one thing that would be nice to implement.

What do you think?

Dark and creepy dungeons containing few levels or floors e.g tower or underground cathedral. Each level is more difficult then the previous one.

Dont make player ever feel like he is overpowered even with high end gear.

Top Bottom