There Should Be Some Emotion Enticing Scenes.

+
There Should Be Some Emotion Enticing Scenes.

I hope the game will present emotional scenes for Geralt, despair and sadness should be expressed by his face, not just his typical anger and frustration; he is told to be an abnormal, emotion capable witcher. Now, I'm not trying to suggest that Geralt should be emotional over ever miscarriage, but a glimpse of his true feelings here and there, underneath his tough exterior, is worth much to me. I even wish for a tear, one is enough for me, to trickle down his face when perhaps a loved one is tragically slain or just when he is confessing his sorrows to Roach, alone, on horseback. And by emotional I don't just mean melancholy, I also hope for scenes where he is reunited with his loved ones and they all share jokes and laugh together at an inn, showing true happiness in Geralt, a shimmer of light in his dark, grim world.
What kind of emotional scenes do you guys want to see included?

I want Geralt to be as he is supposed to be canonically, an ass with a heart of gold. A man made into a hard shell by the world but only superficially, inside he's still a 'good' person which is a but subjective in a morally grey world but that's the best I can describe it.

I don't think he would cry, saddened yes, angry of course.
[I haven't yet finished the last book, maybe there's something there]

Last edited:
Staying canon is fine with me too, a hardened yet sympathetic Geralt is a tradition of course. Not that tradition shouldn't be broken a slight crack, but it is not in much need to do so. However, do you think it would be feasible for Geralt's swords to grow heavy, like his spirit for killing is waning, thus he would need a break from all the bloodshed?

And by emotional I don't just mean melancholy, I also hope for scenes where he is reunited with his loved ones and they all share jokes and laugh together at an inn, showing true happiness in Geralt, a shimmer of light in his dark, grim world.

Even the slightest thought of Geralt smiling and laughing in the game makes me want to uninstall it already.

Staying canon is fine with me too, a hardened yet sympathetic Geralt is a tradition of course. Not that tradition shouldn't be broken a slight crack, but it is not in much need to do so. However, do you think it would be feasible for Geralt's swords to grow heavy, like his spirit for killing is waning, thus he would need a break from all the bloodshed?

Maybe, I think a part of him believes that bloodshed will always be a part of his life, he was created for killing and there's no other way to exist in the world. But another part of him wants/believes that there's a way for him to live in peace; the Isle of Avallach for instance.

If you pay attention, you see the tear forming in his eyes.

Attachments

• caP577O.jpg
    caP577O.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
No tears there, only wishful thinking.

And if Geralt smiles and it isn't in sarcasm, well, I won't be happy.

The only time I want to see an honest smile out of Geralt is when he's reunited with Yen and Ciri.

The only time I want to see an honest smile out of Geralt is when he's reunited with Yen and Ciri.

TBH I see Geralt as a character that would not smile EVEN in a situation like this. It's one of his essential traits.

Yeah can't imagine him doing a 'Happy' smile but an amusing one for sure(in a very rare case... or not that either).

I think Geralt smiled at times in TW2. So this whole 'no smile' thing is a bit ridiculous.

lol I agree.

I think Geralt deserves a genuine smile but its has to be an earned moment in the game.

Heck ,Lightning smiled !

Last edited:
Guy showed no emotion on his face when he was reunited with Ciri and Yen at the end of the books. Nor when he thought Ciri was dead. That's all I'm going to say.

Top Bottom