Witcher 3 music

+
Actually, I think it might be dombra:) It sounds different, very Turkic. Unless of course, we're talking about the general term of 'saz' which actually refers to all string instruments but generally used for 'baglama', the instrument in the Witcher 3 session video. If I'm not mistaken.

The Witcher 1 in particular had a strong celtic influence, I certainly would like to see that make a return as well
We have three main regions in TW3 - NML, Skellige and Novigrad. Each of them is getting different musical treatment. Celtic influence is also there, among others.

I hope this thing makes a return. It was mixed in so well in the Vizima songs.
Yes, it does!

Actually, I think it might be dombra:) It sounds different, very Turkic. Unless of course, we're talking about the general term of 'saz' which actually refers to all string instruments but generally used for 'baglama', the instrument in the Witcher 3 session video. If I'm not mistaken.
According to Mikołaj (dude from Percival) the stringed instrument is baglama, but everyone calls it saz anyway.

We have three main regions in TW3 - NML, Skellige and Novigrad. Each of them is getting different musical treatment. Celtic influence is also there, among others.

Yes, it does!

According to Mikołaj (dude from Percival) the stringed instrument is baglama, but everyone calls it saz anyway.

Great news about different musical treatment for different regions and yes, it's the same here, everybody calls 'bağlama' saz. Thank you for clarification!

Oh, I didn't rememember the cimbalom in TW1's music but it's there indeed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5tf0x0jazI - from 2:00
It's nice to see the the more authentic, folkish instruments return in TW3.

That's freaking creepy soundtrack will be one of my favorites, always!!!! <3 I'm kind of a witcher 1 child.. :'} tears at that awesome music, hope we can get some tracks that build suspense and restless feelings like this.

I actually dreaded roaming the outskirts at night. In a good way.

For me the fields with those rumors and legends from the locals about dancing monsters in daylight, it scared me even more! I still had these restless feelings every time I go there with headphones on! I loved also that Vizimian track when vizima was in turmoil at the end...it blended well with the situation where the old are talking about Ithelien's prophecy and how the end has come while I was roaming these burned places knowing almost every prominent house and for whom it was. :'l I'm Vizimian not a Flotsam one.

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YpNs9oAIRU
I love this soundtrack, too. From the beginning till the end, it is a really good mix of Witcher 1 feelings. :)

AND I had to edit this post again to add this piece :") even listening to it alone makes me happy :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ngKmKOYyM <3

Last edited:
@marcin_przybylowicz
Thanks for showing up here on the forums! I liked the music revealed so far.
By the way, how many people are working on the composing front? Are Adam Skorupa or Paweł Błaszczak involved in any way this time?

what about Wind instruments of the W2 soundtrack (Flute i think)? in battle music for ex also the special piece played by iorveth in the first encounter ,i'd really love to hear them again in W3.

Hard to tell from such short clips if I will like the music as well as the last two games. It is cool that each region will have its own musical theme.

An interesting photo taken off the new CDPR site. :) Are these instruments to be featured in the W3 soundtrack?

Top Bottom