[Linux] Corrupted text issue, some letters dissapear from menus and from the hud

+
[Linux] Corrupted text issue, some letters dissapear from menus and from the hud

This is a bug I've been encountering a lot lately. It tends to get worse and worse as I play, eventually forcing me to close the game and restart, which fixes it. I've attached two screenshots showing the problem.

As I play, more and more letters dissapear. It seems like individual characters of certain fonts become corrupted and then dissapear from all text, eventually making everything unreadable. Restarting the game fixes it, but it usually starts up again. I can rarely play for more then 5 or 10 minutes before the problem surfaces again. It tends to show up faster in Flotsam then when I'm in the forest, although that could be a coincidence.

Quicksaving or regular saving recreates the bug. I've tried it a few times and it never fails.

OS is linux mint 17, Xfce edition. I'm playing the gog version of Witcher 2

Has anyone encountered this issue before? I've tried looking it up but could not find anything. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 14-11-01 - 11:31:57 AM.png
    Screenshot - 14-11-01 - 11:31:57 AM.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot - 14-11-01 - 11:32:28 AM.png
    Screenshot - 14-11-01 - 11:32:28 AM.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 97
Top Bottom