Witcher 2's bugs are patent, I thus hesitate to subscribe to Witcher 3

+
Witcher 2's bugs are patent, I thus hesitate to subscribe to Witcher 3

Bugs of Witcher 2:
1. When first entering Flotsom the conversation with Iorveth in the tree, one of the dialog trees has a timer on it. The first run through I did; the dialog menu items were not active, so in other words the highlighted menu item wouldn’t change with location of the mouse cursor, so I was unable to input the dialog I intend to, and then I had to reload. This bug is prevalent throughout the game in the inventory screens, and stores etc..
2. In the quest to find the rose of remembrance I asked Triss to join me, in my first run through at the end after conversing with the Scoia’tael, the game was designed that Triss was going to follow me out. First I walked down the path into the corner I thought was the exit Triss stood there when I finally found the exit and was leaving. According to the story Triss and Geralt are getting along finally saying we’re glad to have each other around so the bug was that she was staying there to hang out with the Scoia’tael. I reloaded, that time she followed me out, it auto-saved as I was walking down the path into the woods like I would expect.
3. The witcher’s equipped sword on his back disappears anytime descending any later, then reappears at the bottom of the later. Distracting, and very detracting from immersive quality.
4. If you press escape in the middle of dialog, then go to the load menu, you have no mouse cursor.
5. In the necromancy quest phase of the Assassin’s of Kings quest the hallucination is bugs galore: In one phase of the hallucination the player may knock out/kill a guard of two. One play through I knocked out the guard on the left, the guard on the right saw it happen, and calmly walked away. The guard’s geometry that I knocked out stayed standing yet was not interactive. I could walk through its geometry as the guard on the right stopped in the middle of its sentence, then walked away calmly. After that it is impossible for the player to follow what he/she is doing to progress through that hallucination. The phases seem to change all of a sudden unexpectedly.
6. Attempting to load has crashed the game multiple times.
7. There is a loud audio pop every time the main menu appears starting the game the first time.
8. The inhabitants repeat the same dialog phrase and conversation over and over again.
9. The combat is unresponsive, countless times I can’t figure out why Geralt isn’t acting on button presses, I lost many battles because of that. Does Geralt do that when he is carrying a lot of weight?

Opinions of errors of story:
I can remember storyline problems that make this game nearly impossible to play, or follow along with, including dialog that doesn’t make sense, or is incomplete. The dialog may be incomplete to the point where there is no chance for the player to understand the goal, or expectations of a quest per se.

Next Witcher 1 features that made it a great game are not available to Witcher 2. Including places discovered and visited marked on the map then the ability to mark places on the map to track. Meditating anywhere is weird. The feature that required you look for a lit fire or light one yourself in Witcher 1, or to need to get along with a character of the game so that you could rest with them was very beneficial to the story and immersion. The Witcher 2 allowed the player to kneel down in the middle of a stream for 20 hours if you wanted to. The Witcher 1 the player never left the environment he/she was in to mix potions, look at your inventory, equip equipment, and develop the character, even view the map. Next the choice of play styles was nice: OTS, Isometric etc. Lastly there was a cool animation of Geralt adding any augmentation, or oil to the sword when you equipped an enhancement. Now you hear a sound affect in the inventory menu that takes up the whole screen and that’s it. Also the medallion actually wiggled in The Witcher 1 now it is a simple dull looking 2D glow effect.

Triss didn’t like me in the first game, she was also like 40 now she likes me and she’s like 20. Who made that decision?

Geralt’s face animations don’t look like, or animate like a mysterious (badass) monster slaying face would. The way his eyes move and his smiles, and facial expressions. His personality in the game totally changed from badass thoughtful monster slayer to insensitive creep overall.

Balancing needs work, including items to collect at the beginning. Combat at the beginning compared to the end. Overall at the beginning combat feels unmanageable, then at the end it feels effortless because of the items balancing.

The entire game is doom and gloom, that said it's too short and the world environments are small.

As far as the story goes it really all feels like tons of disconnected stories. I have confidence in making these claims because The Witcher 1 was nothing like any of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom