Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
They saild "We are treating all gamers equally". They lied

Mate, CD Projekt Red are one of the rare companies that respect their fans, the card game exists in the game digitally as far as I know and it is cross platform as well, which means we all get to play it.

The physical map sure is nice but I am pretty sure that it will be pretty fun to have, but the card deck, I highly doubt that most of us would find friends dedicated enough to play with, so having it digitally ingame is great, where you will actually find people willing to play it.

CDPR is developer AND publisher. They are under no contract to do anything they do not want to do. If they openly entered into a contractual agreement with Microsoft, there is the possibility, however small it might be, that they did not honestly expect this kind of backlash. That chance aside, I do see it odd that a company which has openly touted its stance on community and content equality, took a step towards the very opposite.

And now you hear PC and PS4 consumers demand some form of compensation. Though under no contractual obligation, there is opportunity to appease and make amends here, however the chances of doing something further segregates the community (in for a penny, in for a pound, no?) for the sake of appeasing it.

Me. I've calmed down. CDPR, if you want to do me a solid and give me an honest "Sorry about that" so that you and I are back on good terms, I have my own simple request:

I would love to be listed in the game credits under a "Special thanks to our PC Collector's Edition Supporters" area. For me, it'd be an honor to even be associated in text to this game.

Heck, I can forgive.
Maybe we PC and PS4 gamers should just be the bigger men (and women) and let bygones be bygones (which shouldn't be taken as condoning further actions, but to forgive what we're just going to take as a bad PR move.

Amen yes this...;)

They show respect lying. Doesn't matter the exclusive content, they said "We are treating all gamers equally". If we give them a free pass on this next time will be DLC .

Some developers see treating gamers equally by making PC games exactly the same as the console version, and we're getting mod tools, PC UI,and better graphic effects.
And Digital Edditions and Retail edditions are different depending on where you get it from. He should have worded it better like "We won't have platform specific DLC or paid DLC at all" but I guess it's not fair to take the words out of context

They show respect lying. Doesn't matter the exclusive content, they said "We are treating all gamers equally". If we give them a free pass on this next time will be DLC .
Yes, about the game its self.
Not CE stuff man. if you are still but hurt I will mail you my cloth map and cards after the game comes out.
You act like this will be a gate/way to exclusive platform DLC. It is not and they said so and I believe it.:)

You know, this is very similar to what MS did during the last console generation.

When MS realized that they had lost the exclusive war back around 2008 to Sony they started shelling out money to devs and publishers for premium DLCs - most ended up being timed exclusives.

MS couldn't create and/or support any decent IPs on par of Uncharted, God of War, Killzone and others.

Instead they used their money to impatient kids with short attention spans toward their platform with premium DLCs and tons of other promotional nonsense (including COD).

How many different color xbox 360s and controllers came out? I've lost count a long time ago.

Last edited:
You know, this is very similar to what MS did during the last console generation.

When MS realized that they had lost the exclusive war back around 2008 to Sony they started shelling out money to devs and publishers for premium DLCs - most ended up being timed exclusives.

MS couldn't create and/or support any decent IPs on par of Uncharted, God of War, Killzone and others.

Instead they used the money to lure players toward their platform with premium DLCs and tons of other promotional nonsense (including COD).

How many different color xbox 360s and controllers came out? I've lost count a long time ago.

Sony did the same last gen and they do it this gen, mostly with big games.

Sony did the same last gen and they do it this gen, mostly with big games.

1. Two wrong don't make a right
2. MS practiced DLC baiting a lot more than Sony did. I remember it all too vividly. (GTA IV, COD)
3. I would also argue that MS attempted to sell a lot more console bundles (with various kiddie colors) than Sony.
4. Sony actually supported great and awesome IPs and they won by a large margin and they are still winning.

In all reality, Sony shouldn't do the exclusive content crap given that 10 million of their consoles sold vs 3 something odd million MS consoles sold.

Last edited:

What you say might be true, but at least there is the benefit of the doubt, I highly doubt that CD Projekt Red would go to the point of DLC, they stated their position in regards to DRM and DLC firmly and I highly doubt that that will ever change, so let us have some patience and faith.

I will cancel my PC preorder of the CE as soon as I am back from holidays.

Why? It's not about my money or the real value I get. It's about politics and behaviour of CDPR, about respect. With this decision of CDPR I don't feel being respected equally anymore as a PC gamer and customer of the Witcher of the first hour who helped them to get big in the first place.

It's really sad that business is the only credo at CDPR anymore. They were the chosen ones. A small light in a sea of darkness. But the light is gone. They are not credible anymore with their weird anti-DRM propaganda to market GOG and their turn to exclusive stuff and console.

So I will stay with my copy on Steam because I'm still looking forward to play the game. But I don't plan to support CDPR by any other means than buying the cheapest digital copies of their games anymore.

Why? It's not about my money or the real value I get. It's about politics and behaviour of CDPR, about respect. With this decision of CDPR I don't feel being respected equally anymore as a PC gamer and customer of the Witcher of the first hour who helped them to get big in the first place.

It's really sad that business is the only credo at CDPR anymore. They were the chosen ones. A small light in a sea of darkness. But the light is gone. They are not credible anymore with their weird anti-DRM propaganda to market GOG and their turn to exclusive stuff and console.

So I will stay with my copy on Steam because I'm still looking forward to play the game. But I don't plan to support CDPR by any other means than buying the cheapest digital copies of their games anymore.

I'll keep my pre-ordered PC CE edition and my already bought GOG copy, obviously, and I will probly buy the cards and the cloth map off of e-bay because I wouldn't be able to help myself.

But yeah, the principle of the matter is annoying even though CDPR specifically defined their stance quite narrowly beforehand with the "in-game content" claim which does not apply to out of game content. Lawyers use language like that everyday.

Gamers are still being treated equally. Collectors who care more about the trinkets than the actual game, on the other hand, so much that they feel betrayed by CDPR and don't trust them to hold their word about the in-game content, have never been able to get the same physical stuff on every platform. The first game had a dozen of different regional editions of the game, the second had the Dark Edition for the Xbox 360, and now The Witcher 3 has this handful of additional goodies plus a couple others for some retailers.

Such a big deal, eh? Yeah, CDPR really are the worst for not including day-one DLC and microtransactions. Grab your pitchforks, everyone.

At least sell the cards and cloth map seperately, god i love cloth maps... i'm not going to cancel my PC CE Pre-order. CDP Still is still one of the most pro consumer companies around, and holy shit does this game look amazing.
It does suck though i am paying the same amount as Xbox One costumers, and probably will shell out more money for the cloth maps and decks.
I hope CDP is not going to take this any further, if this deal helps the game so be it.

I agree they were the chosen ones, but everyone does mistakes, to me they still hold the torch of being the chosen ones even if that torch dimmed down a little bit, I just hope that the flames would grow and grow after what has happened, CD Projekt Red have always been about the game and community before business, maybe this is just means to meet and end, it hasn't harmed us that much and still is acceptable in my books, would I like to have this exclusive content, yes I would love to have it, does not having it make me hate the company and back lash so severely ? No, I voiced my opinion in a request to bring the content to other platforms through a petition, then I read the euro gamer article and realized that this probably has to do with a contract that CD Projekt Red signed with microsoft during the development of the Witcher 2, I would like to believe that CD Projekt Red were pressed for this content and had to make it to satisfy that contract.

I wish I could see the whole picture from CD Projekt Red's point of view, yet I can't, but I choose to maintain my faith in them.

They saild "We are treating all gamers equally"

But did they say, "Yes all collector editions will be the same across all platforms forever". No they didn't.

Instead of likening them to Bioware, a path to the Vanir, come up with constructive posts.

No crusade, embargo, or petitions should be levied at these grandeur developers. Instead of yelling the end is nigh, take your thesis down calmly and nail it on their door.

@LordCrash: Wow, I mean wow, really?! You argued with me on how Regional exclusivity was okay but this is not? Hahahahaha oh, *sips vodka*.

Last edited:
Just wanted to stop by and add how terrible this is.

How can this not be motivated by money, a few days ago the microsoft executive is publically defending their console cant do 1080p, so as far as expressing the creation of witcher 3.. the xbox one is likely going to be the worst out of the 3. Of course they need to pay people to make the platform more attractive.

Yes, what a way to celebrate their work.. make the collectors edition that more dedicated fans purchase more special on the worst platform. Who cares about consoles anyway, the witcher is pc! :)

Well, i used to think cd project had the moral high ground. They should know that while their long blog posts saying words of equality was nice, it was the actions (no drm, replacing broken statues in witcher 2, making preorder bonuses available to all, making regional pricing equal etc) that earned your reputation. Right now, your words are a sales pitch for a card game and your actions piss off all but your smallest user base. Hope the money you received from microsoft is worth all the good will it breaks.

Some of you should accept and respect that some of us have principles how to deal with companies and people in general. I usually don't buy CEs, only cheap digital copies. I wanted to buy the CE of W3 on top of my usual Steam copy to show them my support. I don't want to do that anymore. It was already said that they decided to make W3 a console game. But now console customers even get more exclusive stuff? You know, I don't give a fuck about their reasons, that's not my concern. My concern is that they crossed the Rubicon, even if only a bit and I'm not willing to support that with even one of my hard earnt euros.

Just wanted to stop by and add how terrible this is.

How can this not be motivated by money, a few days ago the microsoft executive is publically defending their console cant do 1080p, so as far as expressing the creation of witcher 3.. the xbox one is likely going to be the worst out of the 3. Of course they need to pay people to make the platform more attractive.

Yes, what a way to celebrate their work.. make the collectors edition that more dedicated fans purchase more special on the worst platform. Who cares about consoles anyway, the witcher is pc! :)

Well, i used to think cd project had the moral high ground. They should know that while their long blog posts saying words of equality was nice, it was the actions (no drm, replacing broken statues in witcher 2, making preorder bonuses available to all, making regional pricing equal etc) that earned your reputation. Right now, your words are a sales pitch for a card game and your actions piss off all but your smallest user base. Hope the money you received from microsoft is worth all the good will it breaks.

I do not agree with what CD Projekt Red did, but I believe that they were forced to do so under contract, I highly doubt that CD Projekt Red would willingly out of complete willingness would do this and even after they have done this, they are one of the most companies that respect their fanbas, the game itself includes the card game, yes it is not a physical copy, but at least that is a good compensation.

I never said regional exclusivity was ok, dude. I think you've mistaken sth here. But anyway, it's my money and I can do with it whatever I want

Some of you should accept and respect that some of us have principles how to deal with companies and people in general. I usually don't buy CEs, only cheap digital copies. I wanted to buy the CE of W3 on top of my usual Steam copy to show them my support. I don't want to do that anymore. It was already said that they decided to make W3 a console game. But now console customers even get more exclusive stuff? You know, I don't give a fuck about their reasons, that's not my concern. My concern is that they crossed the Rubicon, even if only a bit and I'm not willing to support that with even one of my hard earnt euros.

Well your opinion is certainly reasonable, I just hope that you would still enjoy the game, you feel like taking back your support, that makes complete sense with your set of strict standards. (I swear to god, I am not mocking you mate and that I am being as sincere as I can be)

I just hope that you enjoy your copy on steam. :)

Top Bottom