Gameplay Feedback Thread

+
First of all, I'd like to congratulate you for your hard work to create a digital table-top game. This reminds of the Discworld tabletop game in real life.

Secondly, I'd like to make some feedback for this:

A) As you might know, lately we use mostly the TVs to watch anything, even a game, so I'd like to ask for an addition of the option to make the game log notification pop-up from the lower side, instead of the upper side. As I am, I cannot read the log, because I can see mostly the lower part of my TV.

B) How about not only the basic tutorial, but also to add some more explanatory stuff about what the symbols mean in-game? Through experience, we could make most of it. Some of them make no sense at all.

C) How about the tutorial for the battle system? BTW, can you create an "undo" button, so that we can decide the proper dices for it? What, if we make a mistake there?

D) As for the matchmaking system, we'd like to ask an additional arena creation, so that we could play with ours friends again and again, instead of looking for our asses in this matchmaking random system.

Finally, is there an option, so that we could translate the whole stuff in ours native languages? My native is Greek.

Last edited:
Some basic critizism:
1) Player interaction is missing.
2) Watching others play is somewhat boring.
3) Many things are unintuitive. Many of the dice-symbols are rarely needed and only blow up everything with seemingly needless stuff.
4) Strategically, there is too little to do other than going for the quests.

1) I think there just needs to be some interactions such as combating or just blocking other players from moving somewhere. Or at least something that allows you to delay or even steal some of their quest goals.
2) Not sure how to really tackle this, but I think just working on 3) and shortening some of the animations (dice rolling) and automating stuff like dropping dice into the right placeholders in combat would help. Also, even when playing yourself it sometimes feels like you have too little control over what happens. Like, you draw a random card that leads to a dice roll, that leads to another random card that leads to a combat... Why not just start with the combat and get rid of cards that just lead to other cards.
3) Cutting some of the gameplay mechanics would help here. How often do you need those "eyes" from the dice? What about those special symbols that are just "defense or attack". I think this kind of stuff is just very unintuitive and lengthen the turns, without really providing fun.
4) This is mainly a question of balance. In general, I think main quests give too many VPs and side quests are a little too cheap/easy to fullfill, especially when you receive a new quest and happen to already be in the town or very close to a town that you want to go to. Going after Monsters is not worth it in terms of VPs/rewards, since most of those are just very small and healing up takes away all the actions that you could otherwise use for investigations.
Also Gold is quite a useless resource a lot of the time (unless you are Dandelion).
The whole problem would obviously get resolved by some good player interactions.

Tips and bugs

Hi its great game for beta here is some tips:
1. Bug issues:
- In information about character on start location there is “crème” Location “ crème” tag probably from format
- Sometimes in Yarpen roll (he should roll SHIELD or SHIELD with arrow to success) and SHIELD with arrow sometimes cant be put anywhere even when there is a place for it
- The fate (Good fortune) card sometimes glowing full yellow, probably graphic bug
2. Gaming tips
Gerald:
- Sometimes roll EYE symbol same like one potion do, maybe is just me but I cant use that symbol for nothing. (If its really for nothing is annoying and that potion has no sentse).
- Has only 2 potions ?
Gold:
- In the game if we don’t count Dandalion who use it for bribe and transport thru sea. Especially Gerald makes usually lot of gold and you almost cant spend it, it will be interesting to involve gold more in game.
Dandalion:
- This is typical “NERD issue”: His friends like Boussy La Vallete (royal child who die as a kid- how is he valuable friend ), Vincent Molar (I don’t know him), that other guy (Evil salamandra commander who try to kill geralt, how is he his friend ), Shani is good 
- So it could have been more interesting characters ( Cahir , Vincent Meis, Arian La valette…)
Random tips:
- The quest when you must collect 13 gold , DELAY you A LOT. Especialy as Yarpen even if I use command and kill monsters , opponent do 2 quest in that time 
- The card when guards or somebody ASK you to kill monster who has 4 ATACK and 4 DEFENCE if you kill it you get 1 VP. That’s almost nothing for thought fight like that. So you always chose to not fight. Reward should be higher.
Future or dlc tips:
- There is 0 interact between players, which is logic coz they are 4 friends do quest, it will be interesting do another selection of EVIL characters to play as 2 teams against each other.

3.Balance of the game :
- IF I understand the spirit of the game, some characters are WEAKER and have EASYer quest like Triss Merigold and some are strong and has toughter quests like Gerald. Coz there is obviously imbalance between characters.
Yarpen Zigrin:
Strongest character in the game (some consider Gerald he is strong but not that mutch). He has 2 aditional life slots, can use command to get 2 items and can COMBINE items in battle so he can combine swords and helmets armors and get huge amount of attack and deffence. He can use command to get leads in SAME time he can get 1 gold, remove foul fate or get 2 weapons he has from develop. True is , unlike Gerald he must use Command more coz Gerlads abilities are passive.
Gerald:
Strong but he must use develop a lot, coz if he don’t have all he is weaker, and those EYE symbols in roll are for nothing ( or I don’t get what they are for ) and in battle is like 0 roll. His passive abilities make him very powerfull and its 2. Strongest in game.
Triss:
Easy the weakest character in game, she can use Amulet of power only 3 times and if she don’t roll “Magic” she probably loses almost all fights , she must use “Prepeare” a lot.

The game is very good especialy for beta , but there is some unused potential.

thx CDPROJEKT for creating one of best RPG of all times hope it will continue.

Hi guys,

After several hours of playing i decided to post some feedback.
1. Please, make it possible to look at the map during choosing quest. It would be helpfull to count how far the destination points are.
2. Work on some "help" text during the game. After 3 hours of game some things become obvious, but before that game is mysterious (in a bad way ;D )

3. I find out game with 2 players least boring in the time we are not moving. Please make it possible to set "2-" "3-" or 4 players game in lobby.

4. Game is great and after some time I'll post my next thoughts.

Cheers

Also what is VERY annoying, is that when you hold your mouse over a log-entry of another player to read it and the other player does something leading to another entry, the window closes. It makes it almost impossible to follow other players and look up what they are fighting against and so on.

Ok,

This will probably be a bunch of repeats but here is my feedback.
Add something for player interaction. Trading, disturbing movement, positive and negative.

Change Geralt, potions and signs? Potions so far are not useful enough to warrant time. While other characters spend time charging/bribing etc Geralt just develops some signs then rushes around. I appreciate that different characters have different playstyles. But while playing with friends Geralt is always racing around the map dictating the pace of the game. Too many hero dice compared to others. Take one away and/or give other (see below Merigold) another die.

Change Merigold, Just 1 chance for a magic die without cards? Too harsh. Ends up being in situations where she can't win fights no matter how many spells she has. If Geralt is supposed to be some bad ass monster slayer, isn't Merigold supposed to be bad ass magician? Currently plays more like a coward fleeing from regions with monsters unless she has had time to develop her spells. And then she might still be screwed on only having 1 hero die for magic.

Map - Looking good. Some "pve" dungeon where you can reliably get gold if you are not Dandelion?
- Some bug where I get telepoted around the map while it looks fine for my opponents, I then end up having to play from a new location while my opponents sees me at the old location.
- Less clutter at the roads. Foul Fate banners shouldn't block road paths visually.
- be able to toggle between quest select and the map. Before you learn by heart where all the cities are it would be easier to get an idea which quests are good to take based on your current location.

Quests - When you choose from 2 quests, discard the one you don't choose. Don't have it back at the top of the deck. Easy to plan ahead but less fun.
- Why can I only pick one quest deck on 3 out of 4 characters? Why n ot be able to pick from either of the 3 decks? Why not have f ex Geralts red quest be worth less VP than the purple/blue one? Tactics if you want to get many points slowly or a few points quickly.

Sound - PLEASE SET IN A VOLUME CONTROL.....thanks in advance.

Enjoying it immensly so far. Hope you plan on releasing new characters later on. Maybe even evil characters! Then you could have co-op boardplay with some other sort of victory condition.

edited for some spelling.

Last edited:
First of all, sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Pros:
+Everything looks great, I like the style and details of the map and cards.
+Familiar setting which I like very much. Well known places and characters.
+Interesting concepts of fight and development of you character. There also four of them and they're different enough to give different experience to players.
+It was fun to explore the rules and the fact that we did this with a lack of tutorial is a good thing. Game is simple to understanding.

Cons:
-I'm not sure if this final iteration or something will be changed in the future but in its current state I see a big problem with the mechanics of main quests. Especially in the shortest version of the game, with 1 quest only. Player literally doesn't have any stimulus to develop his character, all he needs to do is "farm" enough proofs and finish his final quest as fast as possible. Doesn't matter if he cannot kill whatever it will be in the end and for that reason he doesn't need to develop or make some sort of preparation to the final quest.

Rush to the location where you should be, farm proofs, hit the end button, you're the winner. Especially good it was noticeably when I had to play as Yarpen and my friend as Geralt. We both had "red" quests which demand 2 red proofs to complete. For every red proof Geralt needs 3 clues and Yarpen needs 4. In other word in the race for the single quest to the win I should make more actions than my friend. And we both don't need any preparation because it doesn't matter what the task will be in the end of the quest. First one, who collect 2 red proofs wins the game. No need to preparation, no need to travel somewhere for the side quests.

With the long chain of quests a distance can be the factor which will change it, because player needs to have some sort of preparations. Not for the final task but for the journey itself, because it will be long enough.

-Not enough interaction between players. While you can play with your friend(s) using Skype it will be fun but I don't see any reason to play with a random person. Chat isn't enough and there is almost zero interaction between characters. You can't delay your opponents, can't help them either, can't do anything. It's like 2-4 different characters on the field and each of them playing his own game.

In conclusion:
I'm not a games' designer but if I could I would made a few changes in the core mechanics. First of all, final quest should be a challenge. Player should spend some time to prepare to it and not only by gaining abstract clues and proofs but by developing his character. Not prepared character could try to finish his quest but there should be some sort of punishment if he fails. 1) He only gets half of the victory points. 2) He should collect another portion of clues and proofs and try to complete his main quest again. 3) Quest is failed, take another one and be more prepared before you will try to complete it.

Final quest should give less points, then there will be chance to take advantages from side quests or even from fights with monsters. If one player completed two side quests and now has 8 points, while the second player could immediately finish his final quest but it gives him only 6 point he wouldn't rush to finish it. Before he should make something different, kill a monster or two or finish side quest to get additional points. In other words there should be more thinking and planning, less rushing to the final task.

Another variation is make side quests mandatory – without them characters cannot complete main quest. It will bring more travels into the game, more chances that something will happen in the meantime. By the way, some of the side quests just jokingly easy. Spend 2 coins anytime and anywhere you want and have 2 VP? Yes, thanks, any time of the day. Wait, but why, if it's barely make any difference? If opponent could finish his main quest before me, I will lose anyway. If I will be the first, this two points won't change anything. That brings another question – why decide lenght of the match by the amount of completed quests? Why not by the amount of earned points? It will be more flexible system I beleive and every single point would make a difference.

All these ideas could be easily implemented in the table-top version as home rules but, sadly, not in the digital, unless it's not to late to make it. And in its current state I should say I won't buy the game after release. I don't mean bugs and poor tutorial, I'm talking about the fact, that in its current state the game won't be interesting enough to keep my attention for a long period of time. After three matches with a friend we already know that the shortest version of the game with one quest is uninteresting to play. Three was better and we didn't tried 5-quests version yet. I believe that the longer the game the more interesting it will be but the fact that the final challenge of every main quest is literally meaningless is killing a big part of enjoyment from the game.

Thanks for your time, I hope it will be somehow useful for developers and players.

Hello to all,

First of all, I'm a big fan of Witcher series and a long - term board game player. I know that The Witcher: Adventure game is going to become one also and I will probably buy it, cause it's a good game even like this... But I got some suggestions, that would make it more spicy and challenging...

1) In the Witcher series, these four specific characters coordinate their actions a lot, every one of them for their own goals. I don't see this at all in the game and I think it's possible to do it. Let's say that every "encounter" has a coordination option, so if someone in the same city or region wants to help you, he can do it to take some of the reward and give the active player one or two more dice in the combat. The reward can be specific (written in the card), or the active player choose what will give after combat resolution. Gold or proof for example. Furthermore, there could be an option, where, if two characters in the same city have an "encounter" then the active player can choose to "pass" and the next player in order takes the encounter...

2) Well, it's not all about coordination also... In the series, there is a lot of rivalry between characters, and some times, even betrayal... I won't spoil anyone about it, but this could be also vital for the game, cause there is no way to stop someone that was lucky enough having a head start and be 20 or 30 vp in front. So, let's say that there is another option on the "encounters", something like "manipulation". Especially for humanoids, there could be an option, where the active player pays some gold and "redirect" the encounter to a player on the same or adjacent region, and even strengthen the encounter giving some "insight" information about the character, by paying some proof, for example.

For both these options, the cost should be different for every character. I mean, Gerald was always the "lonely" type and was not got socializing, so both these options should be hard to take. Triss in the other hand, was good at manipulating, but bad at cooperating. Dandelion was good at both, and both these option should be easy pick for him. In the other hand, Yarpen Zigrin should have some cities / regions where the non - humans are hated to be difficult or even impossible to choose these options and some cities / regions, where non - humans live among humans, possible and even easier.

3) The game is mainly combat oriented and eventually dice rolling. So Gerald has a major advantage in these, especially in the beginning. Ok, I know that he is the main character in the series and perfect in everything, but my opinion is that in a board game, all characters should be kinda balanced. I don't mean in the combat of course, but in other elements of the series. For example Triss had a lot of contacts and was influencing a lot of decisions. So, some cards could have Triss deciding first the options of a decision of other players. Dandelion had traveled a lot and knew many rumors of kinda every place he had visited. So he could have the option to "dodge" dangers or / and giving "tips" and help for encounters he or other characters have (by lowering the difficulty, or raising the reward for example) [a very good option if there is the coordination rule or something]. Finally Yarpen Zigrin had worked for a lot of people and had many non - humans who would help him in a time of need. He was also playing a lot of game dice in lower places, so in game terms, he could get something bonus when visiting towns / regions where non - humans live peacefully.

4) Finally, I was expecting to see some Scoia'tael, Nilfgaard, The Order and even Blue Stripes issues in the game. For example Gerald was mainly plotted by which side or faction he chose. Triss was also kinda helping either side if her goals where lying there. I won't mention Yarpen Zigrin who also follows one side and do the best he can to help it. Dandelion is trying not to be part of this "war" but helps some factions. Anyway, there could be some "randomiser" in the beginning or while playing, showing which side or faction has control, and giving some options / helps / difficulties in every character. For example Gerald must choose one side from the beginning and get bonuses if it prevails, or difficulties if not. Triss must pay some money or proof to have the favor of each side that is on top. Dandelion must help Scoie'tels buy paying some gold if they have difficulties and trying to avoid notice from the Order, or getting help if they prevail and Yarpen Zigrin should always help Scoie'tels but getting some penalties if non - humans are loosing the war.

Anyway, I know it's kinda difficult to enlist all of the above in the game, but in most of the board games (I use to play) there is some coordination or rivalry between players. In games where every player plays on his own and when someone is playing his turn, the rest wait, with no interaction at all, people get bored of it easily.

I could give more suggestions if you ask for it, but I think that this game can become a LOT more enjoyable.

Anyway, thanks for reading it and sorry for my English. It was long time ago when I last used them ;)

Hello,

I just played a game with Dandelion. Game goal was to finnish 1 quest. I picked my main quest to be with 2 purple proofs. First turn I got Silver Tongue (turns 5 gold into 1 purple proof). Then I just clicked "Sing" 5 times to get 10 orens and I won. This was an epicly boring match. I didn't even move or anything. I bet the other 3 players felt stupid when I won.

What feels even more wrong is this: every turn I had to fight a monster, and I didn't even care if I win or lose. It didn't matter. I got some wounds - so what? I placed a silver monster and expanded war path - so what? I got a foul fate - so what? I just kept singing.

Aaaand, the game is great, of course. :)

Simultaneous turns

First of all don´t make me wait for my openents turn to end make the Turns run simultaneous to every one and put a global timer for the game, something around 10 minutes or something like that.

I will play the game more to see if it is good and if i find any buggs but this aspect of the game realy did bother me.

Hi REDs,

Thanks for selecting me for the beta. Just one issue for me so far, haven't been able to find a game to play. not sure if player base is too small and I am trying at poor times. Also, this is a question not feedback, any chance of a CPU opponent in the future?

Hey,

Got into the game today and it's quite intriguing, though some parts right now are rather annoying, too :) I'll continue testing, of course, but here are my thoughts so far - I'm sure many have been already mentioned multiple times:

- When you're reading an opponent's card, new action shifts the list and you have to find the card again - pretty annoying and should be fixed. Maybe make the entries in the list clickable - you'll basically open the card as a layer and will have to close it when you're done (by clicking anywhere).

- Option to change your mind about using a card in battle should be available, the same as with the actual shields/swords, sometimes you might remember wrong what card you have available for buffs and then you're screwed. Same goes for some things like Preparation with Triss, cards options and such.

- Overall I'm not sure what the "real" background story and purpose of the game is - all I do is questing and there are those hints everywhere that something is going on and I'm investigating it? Unless I missed something it's unclear and kind of weird.

- Generally information seems to be lacking overall, like tooltips everywhere, but I guess you'll fill that in in time.

- Story texts on cards often feel too forced or clumsy, together with typos it suggests proofreading might be a good idea.

- Opponent's turns can turn seriously annoying if you're playing with someone really slow, some mechanism to prevent this should be used. I understand this is a very tricky thing to ask, but... A simple timer based on in-game stats might work well (extended if you run into a series of cards?) Maybe give an option to do something else? Some minigame? Maybe you could actually win something for the game at hand, it would be an incentive not to take too long so as not to give your opponent a chance to get ahead.

- The game itself is not straightforward "to get" (as in what I should be doing, why and such) - tutorial did not help in this really, I had to learn by playing the first game. Just giving a straightforward gameplay of 1 quest would probably work better than the current tutorial.

- Limited interaction between players - it all felt as if it were two guys playing their separate two games, because you cannot really influence the other player in any way except some random cards where you put monsters in some areas. Either include some ways to hamper your opponent's progress (as the game is about getting the goal first), or simply add an option of fighting your opponent when at the same place. Or if you don't want negativity, introduce coop quests, where all the guys/gals would have to meet to kill some big beast or something, otherwise you cannot get further in your main quest and some such.

Overall though I had fun and I'm looking forward to playing more, gj so far :)

Last edited:
In favor of pacing, maybe the turns could be handle like in the Arkham Horror board game. Everyone take their turns simultaneusly, but in phases. An upkeep phase to handle things concerning you character, a movement phase to go through the board, a battle phase to take care of dice rolls, and so on.

The game is great, but it stills needs some tweeking.

Guest 3751849

We will have support quest - if you are in the same location then another player you can help him if you spend some resources from you poll. You will get 6 vp and the other character that recived help will get 3 Vp. Every quest will have one support quest.

Trading in the same city is a part of the Boxed edition on the game - we are thinking if we would like to have it in the digital. It slows the game and it makes it a good target for troll players.

I really like this idea of support quests! Not sure if 6 VP / 3 VP is the right balance, but it would certainly spice things up! :)

As for trading, I didn't think about the possibility of trolling, but I think it's a negligible concern. If it wasn't, playing Monopoly online would be troublesome, and it isn't based on my experience. It's true that trading would slow the game down a bit, but on the other hand it would engage players to chat about team strategies and negotiations between turns, so overall I believe it would be worth it.

Speaking of trolls, it might be a good idea to implement some sort of reputation system in the game, which could possibly be tied to GOG Galaxy. I've had a few players spoiling Witcher stuff by accident in the chat for instance.

Been playing the game for the past couple of days and I have some points.
- Choosing between Medallions had me confused at first. Every single choice in the game is what to keep but Medallions is which to discard. I think it should also be which to keep.
- Especially novice players who don't know the game well will need to consult the map before choosing quests. I think this should be allowed. Maybe have a back button from choosing quests but not being able to finish the turn without choosing one.
- I am concerned that there might be a few dominant strategy and/or dominant characters, such as Geralt, which are far easier to play. I hope this will addressed in balancing in due time.

I have been playing a 3 turn match almost every day with my friend ever since the Beta got out (you can also check that I was the first poster in here :p).
Here's some things I noticed:

- There should be a timer when choosing a character and turn number, so that we know how much time we have before the game decides a character and turn for us;

- During battle, when I insert a "die" in the slot, I should be able to remove it in case I made a mistake;

- At this moment, rushing for the main quests and doing only sidequests if the opportunity presents itself is the best way to win, even in 3 turn games, this removes a lot of potencial strategy from the game since most players will do this to win;

- Related with the point above, at this moment the game is almost purely luck based, the player that gets the most rewarding quest cards will almost always win, not by skill or good choices, but because that player got the better cards.
Even if some 16 VP quest cards take more time to complete, a player with 8 VP or 12 VP quest cards will always end up with less points.
Since there is no interaction between players at the moment, the losing players are always dictated by luck.
I'm aware of the new update that will address co-op :)

- In all the times I've used Geralt (and those were a lot!) I only used Brew once, at this moment it serves no purpose, his other development cards that require no charge are more than enough to take on anything.
I expect this to be balanced with the new cards though ;)

For the sake of the discussion below I will assume 2 development cards is a good start to fight battles, I'm also aware that the each character dices are different (have different sides) but since I don't know how different, I'm going with my battle experience in game (so I can be wrong about this).

Let's talk balance:

Dandelion - can Sing, which will give him 2 gold per turn, which can then be converted into 2 charges to use in battle.
Each development card comes uncharged, but he doesn't spend moves to charge them and he can charge them all at the same time and as many times as his gold allows.
Has 4 dice and from my experience his dice sides aren't very battle oriented, most of the time he cannot survive without cards.
This means he needs 2 turns to draw 2 development cards and charge them. For upkeep (in case he needs to use the cards again) he will need 1 aditional turn only if he needs to Sing to get the gold to charge the cards.
Exchange rates- 3 Purple / 5 Blue / 7 Red - 3+5+7= 15
Total turns (draw development and charge + upkeep)- 2= 2 OR 2+1= 3

Triss - can Prepare, which allows her to charge one of her development cards, these charged cards can be used if you get a success die, 1 charged card per success die. Only 1 die has the chance of success.
Her development cards come charged with 1 use, she can use them right away, but will eventually have to charge one by one to battle again with ease.
This means she needs 2 turns to draw 2 development cards. For upkeed she needs 2 turns to charge both cards again (1 for each card).
Has 4 dice and from my experience her dice are weaker than Geralt and Yarpen and stronger than Dandelion, most of the time she cannot survive without cards.
Exchange rates- 5 Purple / 3 Blue / 7 Red - 5+3+7= 15
Total turns- 2+1+1= 4

Yarpen - can Command, which will allow him to choose 2 of the following >> "charge 2 development cards", "get 1 gold", "move the region foul fate" or "roll to try and get a lead of any colour". One of these is luck based, the other 3 are immediate benefits.
His development cards come uncharged, so he needs to waste 1 turn to charge a maximum of 2 development cards, so he needs 1 turn per 2 cards.
This means he needs 2 turns to draw 2 development cards and charge them (since he can charge them on the second turn, charging on the first turn would waste a charge). For upkeep he will need an aditional turn to charge both cards, plus he will get one of the added benefits described above everytime he charges.
Has 4 dice and from my experience his dice are very defence oriented, most of the time I can defend without using cards.
Exchange rates- 5 Purple / 4 Blue / 4 Red - 5+4+4= 13
Total turns- 2+1= 3

Geralt - can Brew, which will charge 2 of his potion development cards (although when using it it's stated "charges all potion cards"), all his other development cards don't need charges and can be used if you get a success die, 1 card per success die. Only 3 dice have a chance of success.
The big majority of his cards doesn't need charges to be used, only his potion cards need charges and these are fairly unnecessary, so he doesn't need to waste turns charging cards, if he does want to charge potions he will need to waste 1 turn per 2 potion cards.
This means he needs 2 turns do draw 2 development cards, and one move of these 2 turns will only need to be used for charges if at least one of the cards is a potion (and only if useful). For upkeed he will not need to waste turns charging (this way he can do other things instead of Brew), unless, once again, he's using potions, in which case he will use 1 turn per 2 potions.
Has 6 (!) dice and from my experience his dice are very attack oriented, most of the time I can defeat enemies without using cards.
Exchange rates- 7 Purple / 5 Blue / 3 Red - 7+5+3= 15
Total turns- 2= 2 OR 2+1= 3

Conclusion:

-The current exchange rates give Yarpen an advantage over all the other characters, plus he can get a free lead using command, which in turn will also grant him another benefit of his choice.

-Some damaging card effects affect only Dandelion, which puts him at a disadvantage.

-All characters except for Triss have an average of 3 turns to battle (assuming you're only using 2 development cards), Triss has 4 turns, Geralt and Dandelion can even have 2 turns if no potions (which at this time are unnecessary) are used or gold is needed.

-While Yarpen has only 1 turn upkeep, Geralt and Dandelion have 0 or 1 and Tris has 2.

-Not only does Triss need to spend more turns/moves to be able to battle efficiently, but she also need to get a success die to be able to use those cards and she only has 1 die with chance of success, which means she can only use a maximum of 1 charged card per battle.

-Geralt doesn't need cards to battle efficiently, he only needs cards for some stronger foes, he doesn't waste turns with charges, but still needs to get success to use the cards, although he has 3 dice with chance of success, which means he can use a maximum of 3 cards.

-Yarpen can defend most of the time without cards, but needs cards to beat most enemies, he can use the cards as long as he charged them, which means he can use as many card as he has charged.

-Dandelion needs cards to survive, he can get gold and charge all cards several times if needed on the same turn and he can use them as long as they are charged, which means he can use as many card as he has charged.

-Geralt has a Medallion card which adds a success only die on top of the 6 dice, which means he can now use a maximum of 4 cards.

-A card can only be used once per battle.

-Triss has strong cards, but can't build her defenses fast enough, which means a "battle weak" character like Dandelion can have an advantage over her since he can build his defenses much faster without spending so many moves, wich will result in a better battle efficiency even if his cards are weaker.

-Triss is at a clear disadvantage in battle in comparison with all the others.

-Geralt has a clear advantage in battle in comparison with all the others.

-This way Yarpen is second only to Geralt when it comes to battle efficiency.

-Geralt and Triss special command (Brew, Prepare) is related with their development cards and battle, Dandelion and Yarpen special command is related with development cards, battle and special benefits (only gold in Dandelion case).
This is once again an advantage for Yarpen since he has other benefits (avoid foul fate, try to get lead), Dandelion needs gold too much to survive to be able to spend his gold in something other than charges.

-Yarpen has 2 extra wound slots, another advantage.

Geralt ~= Yarpen > Dandelion > Triss

Possible Solutions:

-Since Yarpen has 2 extra wound slots, one of the weaker characters (Dandelion seems the best lore wise) could have two extra Foul Fate slots, these slots would render the first 2 Foul Fate tokens useless.

-Triss could also heal poison on her own after a few turns (and have a counter of sorts on top of the poison icon).

-Triss Prepare command could charge 2 development cards at the same time (like the other characters).

-Yarpen could change his command options "roll to try and get a lead" into something else (fight random monster with or without reward), OR make it more of a gamble (roll twice to get lead).

-Or Yarpen could simply have 5 for all his exchange rates. Although I understand that you want to make some leads easier than others to get.

-Dandelion could get 1 automatic gold for Sing and then roll twice, each time he got the success he would get an aditional gold (up to 2 more beside the first automatic gold).

-Instead of 2 charges per Prepare as suggested, Triss could have 2 success dice out of her 4 dice, OR an aditional die besides the 4 she has.

-Geralt should lose 1 die.

-Geralt should have a lot more potions to make Brew useful and to make it less likely to get only development cards that exclusively require success to be used in battle. And he would still be too overpowered.

-Or Geralt could have only 2 dice with chance of success.

Just to reconfirm :
We are working on a update that will let you see yours and other players cards all the time
We will add new music and volume control
We will add new tutorial
We will add new cards that will focus on player interaction

I can't wait for that update! :laughing:

Last edited:
@Novyal

Many thanks for your post :)

We will change Yarpen exchange rate to 5 all across the board - all characters will have 15 XP cards each and Triss new cards are really powerful.

First Time play review:
issues with clarity of main quest cost
The 2 secondary costs for my quest had the word "spend" next to them, while the primary cost had no such indication
This lead to some confusion on my part after having "spent" all the costs apparently needed
Even in the expanded card there was no indication that I need to "spend" the main cost (and had failed to acquire it)

possible solutions :
add the word spend to the main cost (at least in the main card)
un"spend"ed costs have some kind of visual indication
remove the word spend entirely and replace it with "optional"

Hi Every one,
dont know if this had been covered before but i liked the game but i noticed that there is no change in music and if you play for a couple of hours it kind of makes it less interesting. will the completed game have different music playing in the back ground or will it be one song constandly repeating.

Top Bottom