Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat currrrve.

I have an LG E2242 LED monitor, but I am thinking of getting a dual 970 SLI build like everyone is going for just for Witcher 3 :p

But I should upgrade my current monitor, it is 60 hertz max, I have an HD 47 Inch TV right next to my monitor (that damn TV is taking like half the space of the wall of my room) but it is 90 hertz, I hope I will be able to upgrade the monitor by then :p

Dat curved monitor though ..... damn ....
Yeah. I wouldn't mind having freesync/g-sync in that Samsung but it's not really an issue for me since I don't game competitively. Hopefully when I upgrade next time in some years, freesync & g-sync have become standards and come with every monitor.

View attachment 8978

Just an update... My husband decided he wanted to try making rounded cups. Worked out very well, I think. I feel that it covers me a little more than the cones did... I had originally intended on making a mantle to cover myself even more so, but it may have to wait for now. Still need to cut all the straps shorter.

Also adjusted the shoulders so they didn't dig into my neck when I drink. Can't have that. As of now they are just strapped across the chest and around the back. Very flexible, and I could wear one shoulder without the other if I chose to at this point. Seeing as where I live it can get over 100 degrees outside and very humid, I wanted some versatility... The ability to wear some of it without all of it if I really wanted to.

There's a lot I'd still like to do, including adding fur and a little chain mail here and there, too. I'd also like to get an axe and shield... We'll see. We have a Faire coming up in February. Maybe I'll find some additions or at least take some better pictures than what I can indoors at the apartment.

For now I plan on wearing the dress underneath. I would like to get or make some leather pants and I have a different shirt that fits the time period I could wear underneath. I originally had a shield maiden design in mind....

I really love the way it turned out for now.

Also, some inspirations:
View attachment 8980

Attachments

• Shieldmaidenmerge.jpg
    Shieldmaidenmerge.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 56
  • f413e2045991159b9e5d202aa3145174.jpg
    f413e2045991159b9e5d202aa3145174.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 51
View attachment 8978

Just an update... My husband decided he wanted to try making rounded cups. Worked out very well, I think. I feel that it covers me a little more than the cones did... I had originally intended on making a mantle to cover myself even more so, but it may have to wait for now. Still need to cut all the straps shorter.

Also adjusted the shoulders so they didn't dig into my neck when I drink. Can't have that. As of now they are just strapped across the chest and around the back. Very flexible, and I could wear one shoulder without the other if I chose to at this point. Seeing as where I live it can get over 100 degrees outside and very humid, I wanted some versatility... The ability to wear some of it without all of it if I really wanted to.

There's a lot I'd still like to do, including adding fur and a little chain mail here and there, too. I'd also like to get an axe and shield... We'll see. We have a Faire coming up in February. Maybe I'll find some additions or at least take some better pictures than what I can indoors at the apartment.

For now I plan on wearing the dress underneath. I would like to get or make some leather pants and I have a different shirt that fits the time period I could wear underneath. I originally had a shield maiden design in mind....

I really love the way it turned out for now.

Also, some inspirations:
View attachment 8980

So who are you planning on cosplaying as? Some Scoia'tael member?

Last edited:
So who are you planning on cosplaying as? Some Scoia'tael member?

The thought has crossed my mind to do this in the future, but that is not what this is for. My husband and I go to Renaissance Faires with friends, and this is a new outfit I'm putting together for these events.

When/if I make a Scoia'tael cosplay, I think it'll look more like one of the Scoia'tael from the first game. I think that kind of cosplay would actually fit in quite well with the Faires we go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom