Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
Yeah, sounds good to me.
http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/22/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-release-date-spotted-rumour/
That would be sooo aswesome. Sadly it does not mean that the PC port won't be delay like the GZ's case.
Seems that it's fake, I was reading about that, ToraShiro on NeoGAF (who works at Konami) said it was fake, and explained that only Konami can reveal official release date. Kojima Station livestream has been announced for Christmas, so let's see.

Last edited:
Seems that it's fake, I was reading about that, ToraShiro on NeoGAF (who works at Konami) said it was fake, and explained that only Konami can reveal official release date. Kojima Station livestream has been announced for Christmas, so let's see.

At least there is still hope for an early 2015 release. But I almost wrote that you ruined my crhistmas with this :p

I really wish they gave separate options for Bloom, DoF, AA, SSR, instead it's all combined in Screen Filtering. The gameplay DoF is terrible(it always is) and I want to turn it off without turning off bloom, AA or SSR.

At least there is still hope for an early 2015 release. But I almost wrote that you ruined my crhistmas with this :p
Haha, that release date was too good to be true, but hey MGS4 release date was announced like 2 months before the game came out if I remember correctly, so there's still hope.

Recently Kojima delivered only useless info imho since E3, so I hope for solid news about, at least, the release date.

Haha, that release date was too good to be true, but hey MGS4 release date was announced like 2 months before the game came out if I remember correctly, so there's still hope.

Recently Kojima delivered only useless info imho since E3, so I hope for solid news about, at least, the release date.

Well, at TGS at least they showed us a solid gameplay, which I have watch a billion times.
I am already know that I won't use the "Buddy" system at all.

Well, at TGS at least they showed us a solid gameplay, which I have watch a billion times.
I am already know that I won't use the "Buddy" system at all.
Yes you're right, the TGS gameplay was good, and I think I will no use that system too, maybe only during pretty hard missions, but I could not stand DD's death if something went wrong.

Always worked solo, though Portable Ops already offered a "buddy" system, you could switch from Snake to a normal soldier and infiltrate the base without being discovered. That was pretty useful but at the same time the game became a bit easier.

Yes you're right, the TGS gameplay was good, and I think I will no use that system too, maybe only during pretty hard missions, but I could not stand DD's death if something went wrong.

Me neither. There is already a regren health system, which I am not fan of, I don't need an op buddy like Quiet.

I have waiting a sandbox stealth game a long time ago, and hopefully we will get the "behind enemy lines, everywhere is enemy" feeling, and also the freedom to approach your objective a lot of ways.

There is already a regren health system, which I am not fan of
:thumbup:

I have waiting a sandbox stealth game a long time ago, and hopefully we will get the "behind enemy lines, everywhere is enemy" feeling, and also the freedom to approach your objective a lot of ways.
I think this feeling existed since MGS3 and so on, and the freedom to approach the objective improved in MGS4, imho. Can't wait to play TPP to see if this sandbox stealth game will work but judging from released gameplay videos, we'll have much fun.

:thumbup:

I think this feeling existed since MGS3 and so on, and the freedom to approach the objective improved in MGS4, imho. Can't wait to play TPP to see if this sandbox stealth game will work but judging from released gameplay videos, we'll have much fun.

Actually I plan to buy a PS Vita because of MGS3 and Peace Walker sometime, I planned nowish, but yesterday I could not resist to buy the new Dragon Age :D.
Well, the GZ already showed me, that it will working good, although the fulton recovery system will make the POW extracting a bit easier.

Actually I plan to buy a PS Vita because of MGS3 and Peace Walker sometime, I planned nowish, but yesterday I could not resist to buy the new Dragon Age :D.
Well, the GZ already showed me, that it will working good, although the fulton recovery system will make the POW extracting a bit easier.

Yeah it's kind of a pain to have to call for a chopper to extract POWs or captured enemies. The way the Fulton Recovery System was used in Peace Walker was great, it felt like you where actually building an army. The only problem with Peace Walker, of course, is that it was on PSP.

@AL890 did you know that HD Collection was released for consoles, and contained MGS2 Substance, MGS3 Subsistence and Peace Walker? :p

Speaking about that, I played Peace Walker on PSP, completed at 100%, also co-op with a friend of mine, it "ruined" my life for 4 months.
After that I never touched this game anymore, neither with HD collection. I think I've played it for too much hours... :-

Last edited:
@AL890 did you know that HD Collection was released for consoles, and contained MGS2 Substance, MGS3 Subsistence and Peace Walker? :p

Speaking about that, I played Peace Walker on PSP, completed at 100%, also co-op with a friend of mine, it "ruined" my life for 4 months.
After that I never touched this game anymore, neither with HD collection. I think I've played it for too much hours... :-

Yeah...about that, the last console I owned was a PS2. I never bought the rest of them as I had moved to PC by that point. I'm just hoping that Konami see the success that their recent games have had on Steam, and release the rest of them on it. I don't like fumbling about with emulators.

@Autumnal Wanderer @AL890

I want to reply precisely so I'm asking, which MGS games have you played? (and finished)

Well, I am not finished any of them. I played almost every single episode thoug. When I was very young I played the original MGS then I played MGS 2 as well, and MGS3 which is my favourite yet. The MGS3 was a new game when I played it, but I was not enought mature to understand the whole thing and my english knowlage was close to non existent. So yeah, I want to catch up now, but I don't know when I able to buy a PS Vita. Right now I am better interested in Big Boss's story than Solid Snake, so thats my priority. Just a side note, I know the games story, but I want to experience that. Nice gaming hours though :D. I still hope in a PC release....

Yeah...about that, the last console I owned was a PS2. I never bought the rest of them as I had moved to PC by that point. I'm just hoping that Konami see the success that their recent games have had on Steam, and release the rest of them on it. I don't like fumbling about with emulators.
You can play MGS2 then, PC version exists, I played it back in 2004, though the keyboard is not the best companion for play that game, but after a while it's easy to manage. :)

Well, I am not finished any of them. I played almost every single episode thoug. When I was very young I played the original MGS then I played MGS 2 as well, and MGS3 which is my favourite yet. The MGS3 was a new game when I played it, but I was not enought mature to understand the whole thing and my english knowlage was close to non existent. So yeah, I want to catch up now, but I don't know when I able to buy a PS Vita. Right now I am better interested in Big Boss's story than Solid Snake, so thats my priority. Just a side note, I know the games story, but I want to experience that. Nice gaming hours though :D. I still hope in a PC release....
With a PC for MGS and MGS2 and a PS Vita for MGS3 and MGS Peace Walker you can play almost all the games of the saga, except for MGS4 and MGS Portable Ops (yeah Kojima says it's non canon, but I try not to listen to him, I suspect he claims that only because he was the producer and not the director, whooops)

Yeah, I like Big Boss story more than Solid Snake's, and 3rd is one of the best games I've ever played. :)

You can play MGS2 then, PC version exists, I played it back in 2004, though the keyboard is not the best companion for play that game, but after a while it's easy to manage. :)

I remember how many hours I spend on remapping keys in order to make the game playable without gamepad. If it wasn't Metal Gear Solid game. I would just gave up and uninstall it right away. The result was still far from perfect, but at least somewhat acceptable.

But then I got a sword and at first I was unable to figure out how to use it, until I pushed the mouse away, slicing Solid Snake in the process and getting kicked by him in return. So yeah, I was surprised by the fact that you were controlling sword with a mouse and yet they decided not to add mouse control in FPP view. What worse, I was using directional keys to move, so through the entire duel with Solidus I was awkwardly squeezing my arms without ability to dodge. Fortunately, it was pretty easy.

Well, it was still fun and story fully made up for inconvenience. Now I'm planning to get MGS3 and Peace Walker in HD Collection for Xbox 360.

Top Bottom