Need to pick 1

+
Need to pick 1

I knew I was going to get witcher 3 just not at release. I've been waiting for ESO for my ps 4, but man after seeing more and more of this game I might get this and wait on ESO. I don't have time to play both, but I want both, LOL. For a open world that looks like it really can draw you in I might have to go with witcher. I love open world RPGs.

ESO? Well considering the witcher 3 will have many free DLC released gradually after release and an expansion shortly after those are done... IF you only have money for one game then go ESO now and TW3 later? IF it is just a matter of time to play why not buy both now and just wait to play one ;) That is what I tend to do, is have several games waiting to be played because I have so little time to play.

Ahh yes elder scrolls online. Not into online only games so it didn't come to me right away. I'm I crazy? Probably... Read my sig... BTW I have played all the elder scrolls games except ESO but it still didn't jump out at me because I completely ignore MMOs

So because of my job and marital status I have very limited time for video games. I normally only purchase 2-3 games a year. Thus I must be VERY selective about the games I purchase and take these kinds of questions very seriously. I can say with complete confidence that you should buy the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt first. If you can only buy one game this year, you should get the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Most of the ESO reviews I have read are mixed to positive. MMO lovers think it plays too much like Skyrim. Skyrim lovers think it plays too much like an MMO. Few of the reviews I have read are completely glowing. Also as someone who has played all of the Elder Scrolls games (minus ESO) since Morrowind, I believe I have an decent perspective in opining that Witcher games are preferable for me for a couple of reasons.

1. Witcher games have a more realistic world in terms of both scale and atmosphere.
2. The characters are better defined and less cardboard.
3. The main storyline is consistently better thus far.
4. The gameplay elements are more involved and challenging.

So put me down for a Witcher 3 vote.

Well yes if you can only get one of them and never the other my vote of course would be for TW3. :D

A this point, it would be smarter to play Final Fantasy 14, a realm reborn instead of ESO.

Anyway, definitely get Witcher 3

I have played all of the Elder Scrolls games back to Arena (Elder Scrolls 1) including ESO. ESO can be a lot of fun up to the end of the main campaign as it plays very much like a single player game with other players running around. That being said I would recommend getting the Witcher 3 over ESO for all the same reasons that Rawls stated above, specifically the scale and atmosphere of the world and the depth of the character development.

Top Bottom