The Witcher 3 appreciation thread

+

mippoh

Forum veteran
The Witcher 3 appreciation thread

Hello everyone.
My name is Mikael and I'm from Sweden.
I usually only read this forum, but with all this negativity surrounding Witcher 3 lately, I thought we create a thread telling the team all the positive things we feel about the game.
I, personally were happy they delayed the game after reading their explanation.
I fell in love with the Witcher 1, and Witcher 2 was close to that experience. I have faith in the team delivering another awesome game.

Lets pull together as fans, and show our faith in the team that are working their butts off.

Post your appreciation for the Witcher games and your hopes for the Witcher 3 , and give the team a well needed positive boost.

Post your appreciation for the Witcher games and your hopes for the Witcher 3 , and give the team a well needed positive boost.

Well i am absolutly on your side here. I fucking refuse to participate in all those "recent" threads they come up with doubts...
only because footage shown does not compare like other footage ... pah....

CDPR still have my trust, as said before even if TW3 would not match the so called "topnotch VGX 2013" Trailer...
these PEOPLE ALLOW US TO FUCKING OWN TW3 and that alone is enough to support them on full scale!!

Though @Marcin Momot managed to break my heart again with that open letter telling us TW3 is delayed again....
Hear me? You little brat... i ll find you and i ll invade you!! With my Panzer Corps!! I swear to Tzeench!!!

:p :p :p Just kiddin...

Directly to the devs of TW3... i know you do your best to get us the best quality on
every plattform THX for your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
CDP we all know that all of you are total bro's.

Where other companies rush their products and give us a buggy mess, you guys take your time to give the best product possible.
where others try to silence their critics, you guys listen,
where some play it safe and do the same thing, you guys innovate

OK, I'm sure that CDPR will be very pleased to hear your appreciation. But keep away from the name-calling (post edited) because it just leads to retaliation (post deleted).

Yeah sorry to put you on some extra work load ,i know you have enough to do @Dragonbird
But i do not appologize for my use of words here, was / is hard enough not to participate in certain threads :p

Still this thread here is needed so REDs know that they still have the support and the trust...
It is always an imense moral boost if you know your work is appreciated ;)

Still this thread here is needed so REDs know that they still have the support and the trust...
It is always an imense moral boost if you know your work is appreciated ;)
You know what, what the hell. I've written a few concerned and relatively negative posts lately, so here's me saying that the love is still strong, Reds. :)

Nice idea, this thread :) I think it´s fine they delayed it a few months: If it needs more work, it needs more work! No good whining about it :p
The graphics debate is not an issue for me, since I will probably only be able to run it on medium to mid-high settings with my Gtx760m x)

Thanks CDPR for this
thanks for bringing us a game without DRM
for being honest in front of any problem
for being old school
for the biggest open world in a RPG game
for the alive and detailed world
for the world based on that polish books that are so amazing
for making the best rpg of all time
for giving all the efforts to make it
for your philosophy.

Thanks CDPR for even exist.

Last edited:
About the diversity of the game playability
people complain that you don't have a protagonist diversity as DA or Skyrim
well, listen to me
in tw3 you can bang yennefer
or triss
or shani (maybe)
or that elf that is a nilfgaardian spy
or ves
in tw2 you had lot of prostitutes and tw3 will have as much

heck, there is the biggest bang diversity in any game and you complain about character?

Also, for you people that says "oh you can only be a swordsman with magic and alchemy to do some aid"
first. IGNI-BUILD TW1 OVERPOWER AS HELL !11!!!ELEVEN IGNI GERALT BEATS ANY MAGE EVAH
second It's the lore restriction

also all this diversity and bangness talk was for where I wanted to get: I wanted to congrats the creators of the best story in any game in this game industry that lacks more and more this

I want to thanks the crafters of the best story in any game
I myself find the combats in both the witcher a bit boring and I never like games with boring gameplay, I can't even finish them usually
with an exception :The witcher series
it's the only game with a story so good, but so good that I can like a lot even with boring combats :p. And heck, I simply not only liked the game, but loved it

And for what I see the combat in the witcher 3 is amazing!!! A game like that can only be goty 2015, with such a good plot, and now cutting off the faults
I mean I've never seen a gamespot journalist or of whatever company saying that is "really hyped with a game" after seeing a footage, except the journalist/gamers expert that had seen a the witcher 3 footage they got really hyped, and it wasn't only one that got hyped, it were a big bunch of journalist that got

the witcher 1 and 2 both had incredible stories that captured the strength and feel of the books, I would say, perfectly. CDPR is one of the best teams out there especially among AAA developers. the delay is not an issue, release when you are satisfied with the quality of polish. I'm sure the completed game will be an achievement, and a game of such quality that other developers will find hard to match. CDPR may help in influencing some change in the industry. your work is exceptional, and i will be surprised if the witcher 3 don't get game of the year.

despite all the negativity recently I'm guessing many of us just simply concerned because we have come to really enjoy the games that the developers at CD Projekt Red produce and so we worry at any suspicion of lost potential in the witcher 3.

so thanks from another fan, for your work. I will enjoy the game come release and I hope the game receives as much credit on release as it deserves for all who worked on the witcher 3. Cheers Reds! :)

I don't think we should appreciate a game that hasn't come out yet.

I appreciate CD Projekt Red's willingness to delay their game to make it the best experience possible. However with the recent trailer. I am going to have to put on my skeptic goggles and I don't think that's a bad thing.

My adventure with The Witcher have begun over a decade ago, while I was still in junior high school. I fell in love with the works of Master Sapkowski, and until this very day The Witcher universe and it's characters remain my unquestionable favourites in my nerdy little heart and mind. I can relate with Geralt, Ciri, Yen, Dandelion and the rest f the bunch on a personal level unparalleled with any other fictional character. For me it's not just a series of books. It molded my personality and passions alongside works of J. R. R. Tolkien, Stanisław Lem, Zdzisław Beksiński and many others.

Then came the heartbreak that was the Hexer movie. Until this very day I couldn't force myself to watch it in it's entirety. The struggle with the TV series I ended on episode 3 I think.

When I first heard somewhere in 2006 that CD Projekt was making a game based on The Witcher series it was literally a dream coming true. I would search the web for any scrap of information regarding the game. Never in my life was I anticipating anything with so much emotion. I was both excited and happy to finally become Geralt, my all-time favourite anti-hero. But I was also terrified of a possibility of a fail. Hexer-movie proportions fail.

And then The Witcher finally came out. It was the first, and one of total of two games ever that I purchased on the day of release. I went so far as to upgrade over half of my PC components specifically for this game. And it was everything I could ever hope for. It was simply a masterpiece, that not only succeeded in portraying the feel of the gritty, fantastic, yet so believable universe crafted by Sapkowski, but blown my mind by a truly great, original story continuation with new interesting characters and events crafted almost as perfectly as Mister Andrzej himself would. It wasn't merely some fan-fiction. For me it became part of the canon.
And even despite the fact that I preferred ending interpretation that Geralt and Yen actually have died.
After that I was sure of CDPR brilliance. And yet they managed to win my heart even more with constant improvement of their game with patches culminating in Enhanced Edition. Free of charge. I finished the game at least six times having a blast.

Then came Assassins of Kings. Bought it day one, even though I had to wait over half a year to afford a new laptop capable of running it at all. And yet again I was mesmerised. Almost everything was even better than in TW1! The complexity of the political intrigue was on par with works of such as Sapkowski or GRR Martin. The combat remains one of my all-time favourite swordsmanship mechanics, even though I am aware of it shortcomings (e. g. near-obsolete parrying)

Now that the franchise went from more of a cult following to mainstream waters obvious concerns arise. The size and ambition of the Wild Hunt project may be overwhelming for such a young, eastern-european studio. But whenever doubt starts creeping it's way to my mind I launch TW1 or TW2. I watch one of the many interviews. I read our precious REDs posts here on the forum. Love, passion and care oozing from every damn pixel. Recent another delay just shows once again they are true to their word. This is THE deal. We will release it when it's ready.

CDPR proved to have ethics, philosophy and courage unparalleled in any industry. Putting customers and product quality first so much, that they went near-bankrupt on more then one occasion. Everything they do is an honest love letter to the fans. And we can act like spoiled little brats, myself included.

CDPR, I thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of my soul. You gave me one of the most precious gaming and artistic experiences of my life. Don't you ever change, you glorious rebels.

Last edited:
I trust you CDPR just by one main reason:

You LOVE play good games and you dare to create them and share it with us.

Each time a dev belittles a gamer, a kitten dies. Thank you for saving kittens.

And Family grows...

But it's feel is always repeated in my gamer life

Last edited:
I dearly wish I was playing The Witcher 3 now.

That said, and acknowledging we don't know everything you guys (you REDs), are going through lately and still got ahead, I trust the wisdom of & fully support the bold decision to delay release until you decide the time is right. I hope when that day comes TW3 is everything you wanted it to be, everything a legion of gamers wants it to be. I want it to be the best game ever released, and I've never doubted you whenever you've voiced such aspirations yourselves.

Its a tough task you set yourselves back in the beginning, we all know you've challenged yourselves to do more than ever before. Some may have doubts, but I say you've already proved capable in this regard with the steep improvement curve between TW1 & TW2. That took serious vision and commitment, in uncommon quantities. I don't think that was a fluke, I hope that was only the beginning. Challenging ourselves to do better, especially when breaking new ground, and even trying to achieve that goal is what humans do when we're at our best, and it will always be worth it. It may be exhausting but the reward will be equally mighty.*

I also choose to believe the decisions you make are in the best interests of all concerned, without favouritism to gamings divisions or even self-interest. I suspect TW3's development while tough has also been exciting to be part of, and from the outside there appears to have been many moments of hard reality & the kind of decisions easy for some, hard for others. So although theres absolutely no hurry, one day after the launch when you can stand back and review the whole development, I think many here would be like myself really interested in hearing all about it.

At least the juicy bits !

*: maybe not financially, but in Kudos, although theres a chance none of you will ever have to buy drinks on holiday again if you wear your RED ID lanyards abroad ;)

OP: I've not much relevant to say about TW3, and I've posted on the other games before, but the core intention of voicing our support for the REDs at this time is really sweet, so I had to... good idea !

I've never ever been a "fan" of something. I always disliked the word, and I never signed up on a fan forum or anything like that. I never invested times in things like games and movies other than playing/watching them. But CDPR actually listens. They actually care. And not just that they hear the community, but they are also THE BEST game developers. I read their story and I see them writing it now. I'm very proud of them and appreciate that they are unique and stick to the lore of the books. And I appreciate their patience because we can be very nitpicking some(all) times.

Thank you... And stick to what makes you special! Don't change later on! Stay authentic and stay awesome and keep listening to your fans on this forum.

Oh and please don't ask for Dx11 as a minimum requirement. And make Geralt's hair white. We salute you :)

I'm sure most people voicing their concerns and offering constructive criticism are appreciating the work of CDProjekt.

wow didn't think I would actually see a appreciation thread on this forum after all the complaining in the past weeks
thanks CDPR for already delivering two awesome games (especially TW2 one of my favourite games ever)
I have faith in you that TW3 will be awesome ! I will buy TW 3 on release day for sure

---------- Updated at 09:40 PM ----------

I'm sure most people voicing their concerns and offering constructive criticism are appreciating the work of CDProjekt.

don't know if its just a minority but reading stuff like "I'm cancelling my pre order and I will tell people not to buy TW3" is just annoying

Top Bottom