Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey CD Projekt, has Jaimi Barbakoff been notified already that she has extra voice over to do? ;)

Funny...I have her IMDB page 'saved' in my bookmarks! I can only hope I check it one day and...BOOM...after I come to I'll run over here and post the news! :D

Yup. I experienced this too. Wasn't a big deal since I prefer her original appearance and it's not like she has anything to say anyways. :dry:

Wolf Armor is medium armor. I don't know the exact levels but the enhanced armor is 21. The master crafted is 34 (swords too). I assume Superior is somewhere in between, probably 26-29.

Thx for the quick response.

So my skill that gives more crit and crit dmg for light armor will become useless.

Hope it looks good at least

The final act is where the wheels really fall off. As it has been stated ad nauseum on here. A small side note, Triss's side quests are a part of the Brothers in Arms quest. If you did them before acquiring that quest, it's already checked off for you. This would explain why she isn't present. Doesn't excuse it. It explains it though - her quests are supposed to be held off until later.

I'd already guessed that was the reason Kaer Morhen is such a disappointing mess. Doesn't in any way explain why they would make such an atrocious approach, especially as her questline kicks off from the main Novigrad questline and as an important character people would want to do her quests and get reactivity.

In my recent playthrough, I've noticed that I get a lot more hugs out of Ciri than I do either Yen or Triss. I'm not going to pretend I know how much screen time each character has versus the other, but I just find it odd that Ciri's relationship is more affectionate than either romance. Something to consider, CD Projekt Red? :)

In my recent playthrough, I've noticed that I get a lot more hugs out of Ciri than I do either Yen or Triss. I'm not going to pretend I know how much screen time each character has versus the other, but I just find it odd that Ciri's relationship is more affectionate than either romance. Something to consider, CD Projekt Red? :)

Yep the last third of the game in my opinion was more about being Ciri's father than being the badass Witcher Geralt. In fact the ending for Ciri and for the most part Geralt's ending is determined by how you acted as a father to Ciri. It wouldn't be so bad if there was more interaction with the other characters, but it really felt like CDPR were telling Ciri's personal story and how Geralt affects that more than how Geralt's closest friends and loved ones affect him. In turn this ends up creating something of a bias towards Ciri against Geralt's loved ones (Triss, Yen, Dandelion etc), and that needed to be expanded to the point where if you romanced either Yen or Triss, they would show affection towards your Geralt rather than them acting like they are focusing on Ciri first and everything else comes later - and it doesn't work like that because once Ciri is safe the game ends so you don't see much of the Triss and Yen content spread out towards the end. In fact in my playthrough Geralt and Ciri were talking about running off together and so on, even though my Geralt and Triss were going to head to Kovir once it was all over, i mean the game should acknowledge how important the other women in Geralt's life are instead of just 'freezing' them out once you have found Ciri.

Thx for the quick response.

So my skill that gives more crit and crit dmg for light armor will become useless.

Hope it looks good at least

No problem. You can just buy the potion of clearance thing from the shop in Novigrad. Switch it over to medium armor. :p It does really look cool though. Like a cross between Lambert's and Eskel's armors with a touch of the starting Kaer Morhen armor. Very nice.

I'd already guessed that was the reason Kaer Morhen is such a disappointing mess. Doesn't in any way explain why they would make such an atrocious approach, especially as her questline kicks off from the main Novigrad questline and as an important character people would want to do her quests and get reactivity.

I would say it possibly explains it. Does not excuse it though. Why did they even have it queue up during the main Novigrad quests then? My first time through, I did her quests almost immediately. A grave mistake on my part. :dry:

---------- Updated at 11:26 PM ----------

I agree with you @msanx - I concede that Ciri is important and the final act, the Ciri moments, are great. But they sort of push everything else to the side and I don't see why this concession had to be made. Maybe they ran out of time and cut a bunch of stuff from the final acts? Stripped it bare so it still told the story. All major character interaction drops off quite sharply. Triss got the worst of it though - you can't even talk to her and she never even leaves the ship. :(

Alright, battle's over - back to Novigrad. Save Triss for last of course. ;) Did the fountain scene a couple of times to see all the different dialogues. If you picked the Witcher option in the lighthouse, I think it's better to pick it again here. I like what she says. She isn't going to try to control him or tie him down. She's just going to make sure he has a home to come back to. I like to imagine that he is out on the path a bit more frequently and for a bit longer at first, maybe for the first 5 years or so. As he gets older, he begins to settle down some more. Less frequent trips, shorter duration, more time at home. The two of them live quite literally "happily ever after". :p

In the lighthouse, feel like Geralt and Triss are joking before their happy moment (at least in Geralt's mind). When the new hit, he is quite shock, need time to think so i pick "i don't know" options, she just want them to be together, she will turn the offer down if he want to (remind me of the conversation she and Geralt have in the Witcher 2, she even can live in Kaer Mohen, it just up to Geralt) :wub:
Beside, Geralt is old already, he want to settle down, but not fully :D

Did the fountain scene a couple of times to see all the different dialogues. If you picked the Witcher option in the lighthouse, I think it's better to pick it again here. I like what she says. She isn't going to try to control him or tie him down. She's just going to make sure he has a home to come back to. I like to imagine that he is out on the path a bit more frequently and for a bit longer at first, maybe for the first 5 years or so. As he gets older, he begins to settle down some more. Less frequent trips, shorter duration, more time at home. The two of them live quite literally "happily ever after".

I love the option at the fountain when you say "i don't know, i'll have to think about it" because then she says something like "if you don't like, ill turn it down, what i really want is to be with you...for us to be together" that was sweet - she gets her dream to be the advisor to the king of Kovir but her main priority/wish is for her happy ending with Geralt. Of course Geralt gets his semi-retirement where he can work at his own free will if he desires it, in fact that whole fountain scene was arguably my favourite scene in the game (the scene with finding Ciri is a close second) :)

I love the option at the fountain when you say "i don't know, i'll have to think about it" because then she says something like "if you don't like, ill turn it down, what i really want is to be with you...for us to be together" that was sweet - she gets her dream to be the advisor to the king of Kovir but her main priority/wish is for her happy ending with Geralt. Of course Geralt gets his semi-retirement where he can work at his own free will if he desires it, in fact that whole fountain scene was arguably my favourite scene in the game (the scene with finding Ciri is a close second) :)

G: Triss
T: Yes ?
G: we'll be together. And you don't need to turn anything down

Dem the feel ;)

G: Triss
T: Yes ?
G: we'll be together. And you don't need to turn anything down

Dem the feel ;)

Ahh damn this game for giving us these sweet emotional scenes :). Still one of the most beautiful moments in the game, i am trying to be a Witcher stripped of emotions, but i can't be when my Geralt is around Triss.

In the lighthouse, feel like Geralt and Triss are joking before their happy moment (at least in Geralt's mind). When the new hit, he is quite shock, need time to think so i pick "i don't know" options, she just want them to be together, she will turn the offer down if he want to (remind me of the conversation she and Geralt have in the Witcher 2, she even can live in Kaer Mohen, it just up to Geralt)
Beside, Geralt is old already, he want to settle down, but not fully

I love the option at the fountain when you say "i don't know, i'll have to think about it" because then she says something like "if you don't like, ill turn it down, what i really want is to be with you...for us to be together" that was sweet - she gets her dream to be the advisor to the king of Kovir but her main priority/wish is for her happy ending with Geralt. Of course Geralt gets his semi-retirement where he can work at his own free will if he desires it, in fact that whole fountain scene was arguably my favourite scene in the game (the scene with finding Ciri is a close second)

I have a save before every major Triss moment so I may go back and check this out. :p I like that she does say it's Geralt that's her priority. Seems more organic that he would be slightly hesitant to just flit off to Kovir like that. Especially without even having beaten the Hunt yet. Like Triss says "It's hard to make plans. Even harder to invest any faith in them."

I have a save before every major Triss moment so I may go back and check this out. :p I like that she does say it's Geralt that's her priority. Seems more organic that he would be slightly hesitant to just flit off to Kovir like that. Especially without even having beaten the Hunt yet. Like Triss says "It's hard to make plans. Even harder to invest any faith in them."

I also has saves between all those big moments with Triss, in fact i have replayed that fountain scene too many times lol. Anyway it shows how much Triss loves Geralt and even later in the game when Phillipa talks about how Triss will jump into bed for Geralt every chance she gets - she is completely devoted to Geralt, heck even in the Witcher 2, Foltest says she is enamored with him. It just goes to show that Triss has her other priorities but she will be most happy when she has settled down with the one she loves, and Geralt would like you said have some trouble with just settling down to Kovir in a house instead of his nomadic lifestyle, so it seems like one of those things Triss understands and would be willing to give him time and space to warm to the idea of it.

I also has saves between all those big moments with Triss, in fact i have replayed that fountain scene too many times lol. Anyway it shows how much Triss loves Geralt and even later in the game when Phillipa talks about how Triss will jump into bed for Geralt every chance she gets - she is completely devoted to Geralt, heck even in the Witcher 2, Foltest says she is enamored with him. It just goes to show that Triss has her other priorities but she will be most happy when she has settled down with the one she loves, and Geralt would like you said have some trouble with just settling down to Kovir in a house instead of his nomadic lifestyle, so it seems like one of those things Triss understands and would be willing to give him time and space to warm to the idea of it.

Triss + Geralt = true love for sure :p

It gave me so many feelings

I agree with you @msanx - I concede that Ciri is important and the final act, the Ciri moments, are great. But they sort of push everything else to the side and I don't see why this concession had to be made. Maybe they ran out of time and cut a bunch of stuff from the final acts? Stripped it bare so it still told the story. All major character interaction drops off quite sharply. Triss got the worst of it though - you can't even talk to her and she never even leaves the ship. :(

I have thought on this long and hard...for MANY reasons I think they should have had a 4th Act...before the epilog Geralt should have had a chance to get his crap together, ducks in a row...say his good byes. Gearlt accompanied Ciri as she did that before she was to 'leave'...didn't someone there think that the player might like to do that same thing?

Let Ciri have Act 3...but bring it all together for Geralt in Act 4, I mean really. It is the LAST time we will get to play as Geralt AND see him interact with those who we've learned to care about through this hero. Isn't that enough of a reason to give him a bit of the spotlight back?

I get that it might suck for those who get the s**ty ending...but wouldn't the fact that you miss out on another 20-30 hrs of game be enough to inspire you to replay for a "better" ending? I honestly shake my head on some of these decisions...as a writer I can't imagine ending a single book like they ended this one let alone an entire series.

At once I just can't shake the idea that they have some really great in store for us BUT at the same time...I feat they are gonna just say 'screw-it' and move on to CP2077. :(

At once I just can't shake the idea that they have some really great in store for us BUT at the same time...I feat they are gonna just say 'screw-it' and move on to CP2077. :(

I agree... I mean, the endings were okeyish, but they were Ciri's endings, and after everything is said and done, Geralt is dumped into Kaer Morhen "at a point before the ending" to go and do stuff? I just don't feel it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom