• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TRISS WASN'T MEANT TO BE A ROMANCE CHOICE COULD EXPLAIN ALL THE PLOT HOLES

I write this post after reading other people talking about this and i want to point out some things that perfectly match with Triss not being intended as a love interest from the start:

1) THE UNSKIPPABLE KISS OF YEN AT KM: that was clearly done before they add Triss romance and the fact that you can't skip it clearly points in this direction..

2) WRONG ENTRY IN THE CODEX: The codex says YEN invited Triss to KM even if actually YOU invited her.

3) SKELLIGE BOAT: Triss has no role here only saying well? This also means she wasn't intended to be here

4) NOVIGRAD LEVEL 10 VS SKELLIGE LEVEL 16: the quest of Triss was lower level clearly because they wanted you to do that first in order to say goodbye to Triss and end the strory.

5) THE GOODBYE SCENE AT THE DOCKS: Triss has the same face if you say i love you or if you say goodbye, the animation is the same..... the option for her to come back was clearly taked on later.

6) THE LACK OF ACKNOWLEDGMENT FROM OTHER CHARACTERS: This also lead suspect to her not being romanceable at first.

My final toughts are similar to others that pointed this out here: she was intended to leave at the docks, all after that seems disconnected and doesn't fit well into the rest of the story. Also if you romance Yen, the plot holes vanishes!

Last edited:

I write this post after reading other people talking about this and i want to point out some points that perfectly match with Triss not being intended as a love interest from the start:

1) THE UNSKIPPABLE KISS OF YEN AT KM: that was clearly done before they add Triss romance and the fact that you can't skip it clearly point out in this favor.

2) WRONG ENTRY IN THE CODEX: The codex says YEN invited Triss to KM even if actually YOU invited her.

3) SKELLIGE BOAT: Triss has no role here only saying well? This also means she wasn't intended to be here

4) NOVIGRAD LEVEL 10 VS SKELLIGE LEVEL 16: the quest of Triss was lower level clearly because they wanted you to do that first in order to say goodbye to Triss and end the strory.

5) THE GOODBAY SCENE AT THE DOCKS: Triss has the same face if you say i love you or if you say goodbye, the animation is the same..... the option for her to come back was clearly taked on later.

6) THE LACK OF ACKNOWLEDGMENT FROM OTHER CHARACTERS: This also lead suspect to her not being romanceable at first.

My final toughts are similar to others that pointed this out here: she was intended to leave at the docks, all after that seems disconnected and doesn't fit well into the rest of the story. Also if you romance Yen, the plot holes vanishes!

Great!

Well, throwing out the bed makes perfect sense especially if Yen and Geralt are an item but also if they are not. Of course Yen hates the idea of Geralt having slept in this bed with her Friend. If Triss and Geralt are together it's on the other hand a constant reminder of a broken relationship. Besides if you're with Triss then it's for example easy to provoke Yen in Kaer Morhen so she teleports Geralt in the lake. Didn't manage to do that when romancing Yen.

Also the kissing when returning to Kaer Morhan makes sense no matter what because of the history they have. I only see the issue that there's zero discussion about that between Triss and Geralt. There should at least be more different reactions to it. And yeah... there's not that much difference and they should have adapted a few scenes more to Triss if you romance her. After all it always feels like the story of Geralt, Ciri and Yen. After Kaer Morhen CDPR doesn't really seem to know what to do with Triss.

Have found a piece of leaked russian voice over from 2014. Maybe there is some leftover lines that never appears in the game. Somebody should check it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai4iKwP7nmg
There is new lines of Triss what I haven't seen in game.
1.In our secret clinics adressed more and more interested.
2.You take away from us 80% of our earning.

All other is the same.

Last edited:

I write this post after reading other people talking about this and i want to point out some points that perfectly match with Triss not being intended as a love interest from the start:

1) THE UNSKIPPABLE KISS OF YEN AT KM: that was clearly done before they add Triss romance and the fact that you can't skip it clearly point out in this favor.

5) THE GOODBYE SCENE AT THE DOCKS: Triss has the same face if you say i love you or if you say goodbye, the animation is the same..... the option for her to come back was clearly taked on later.

Looks that way.

There is new lines of Triss what I haven't seen in game.
1.In our secret clinics adressed more and more interested.
2.You take away from us 80% of our earning.

Never heard that too. And i can't recall any scene where she says anything like that. Hope we are not wrong.

Boycott of expansions because of Triss' content - that sounds beyond ridiculous, sorry :D

Ye pretty much. Will go for it even without Triss.

Because I think more Triss or Yen will come after those two expansions. IF there will be anything new with them.

If not well then the whole thread is pretty much useless and everyone here wasted time patient and some good ideas.

Last edited:
Never heard that too. And i can't recall any scene where she says anything like that. Hope we are not wrong.
I think it is cut from conversation Triss and King of Beggars, when Geralt see her for first time in Novigrad.
Interesting how many conversations where cut off from game.

I write this post after reading other people talking about this and i want to point out some things that perfectly match with Triss not being intended as a love interest from the start:

1) THE UNSKIPPABLE KISS OF YEN AT KM: that was clearly done before they add Triss romance and the fact that you can't skip it clearly points in this direction..

Yep that about sums it up, on a side note there is also the flirting from Yen in Skellige (level 16 intended to be done after Novigrad), the lack of Geralt willing to even mention it to anyone, barely any mentions or scenes after the fountain scene, the whole Kaer Morhen situation and Yen getting angry at Geralt for sleeping with Triss even if Geralt told Yen it is over long before that, also Geralt always saying he lost his memory as an excuse when he had chances to say he was with Triss. Although all that links back to what you said - it is pretty much intended to say farewell at the docks and have Yen bring Triss back in the game.

Ye pretty much. Will go for it even without Triss.

Because I think more Triss or Yen will come after those two expansions. IF there will be anything new with them.

If not well then the whole thread is pretty much useless and everyone here wanted time patient and some good ideas.

I hope for better...

I think it is cut from conversation Triss and King of Beggars, when Geralt see her for first time in Novigrad.
Interesting how many conversations where cut off from game.

Too much cutting if you ask me.

Is it just me or does Triss alternate look outfit seems like it was design for the elf chick in Alvalach lab?

Is it just me or does Triss alternate look outfit seems like it was design for the elf chick in Alvalach lab?
Yes, it more suits for that elf.

---------- Updated at 12:08 PM ----------

And If this is not a mistake, and we are not fooling ourselves, there is a small chance devs has some cool unshown stuff with Triss.
Hope we will see more Triss in Extendet Edition or in new Expansion Pack.

Well, throwing out the bed makes perfect sense especially if Yen and Geralt are an item but also if they are not. Of course Yen hates the idea of Geralt having slept in this bed with her Friend. If Triss and Geralt are together it's on the other hand a constant reminder of a broken relationship. Besides if you're with Triss then it's for example easy to provoke Yen in Kaer Morhen so she teleports Geralt in the lake. Didn't manage to do that when romancing Yen..

She is easy to provoke because you said you didn't love her any more. This scene can happen before you even choose Triss so it really has nothing to do with romancing Triss at all. Which is a bummer. If this scene was unique to the Triss romance then it would be a great way to acknowledge your choice.

Well, throwing out the bed makes perfect sense especially if Yen and Geralt are an item but also if they are not. Of course Yen hates the idea of Geralt having slept in this bed with her Friend. If Triss and Geralt are together it's on the other hand a constant reminder of a broken relationship. Besides if you're with Triss then it's for example easy to provoke Yen in Kaer Morhen so she teleports Geralt in the lake. Didn't manage to do that when romancing Yen.

Also the kissing when returning to Kaer Morhan makes sense no matter what because of the history they have. I only see the issue that there's zero discussion about that between Triss and Geralt. There should at least be more different reactions to it. And yeah... there's not that much difference and they should have adapted a few scenes more to Triss if you romance her. After all it always feels like the story of Geralt, Ciri and Yen. After Kaer Morhen CDPR doesn't really seem to know what to do with Triss.

I don't think the kiss makes any sense in a scenario where Geralt has dumped Yen. I might be able to tolerate that lazy garbage if there had dialogue fallout of it between Yen, Triss and Geralt. As it is if you romance Triss you get Yen forcing her tongue down Geralt's throat in public, little reaction from Triss, no public addressing of the fact Geralt is with Triss. It's just a mess which i hope CD Red will fix or at the very least a modder will remove that kiss.

Hope we will see more Triss in Extendet Edition or in new Expansion Pack.

What if those lines are from incoming Oxenfurt dlc? It makes sense. A Little bit. You know. War, clinics, Shani(?), mysterious Man of Glass (somehow related to King of Beggars?) Hope for more Triss. Not just 2 seconds appearance to start up the DLC plot.

I had to work for Triss romance but with Yen it was in my face from the start. Don't force me to pick a character. If I wanted to romance Yen I would. If they claim the game offers choices then let it be about choices.

If the game reacted to the choices the player made you could play it over and over and get different outcomes. It be like an easter egg hunt, making subtle decision change to see what happens.

Inconsistencies and forced path of romance in favor of Yen and non-reactivity of the witcher universe are my biggest problems with this. Compared to Witcher 2 I really don't feel like doing a third playthrough. There is really nothing the game can offer me as new or different. What made Witcher 2 amazing to my taste was the decision between Roche and Iorveth. I replayed Witcher 2 quite a few times with different decisions and had different save files kept for Witcher 3 only to find out that nothing I did does any real difference simply because game follows the canon of it's own. Witcher 3 feels more like a one dimensional story, with the exception of little changes here and there. There are actions and consequences as side quests, such as I remember I saved someone then he just slaughtered some folk and I had to kill him for that, but the main story really lacks of actions and consequences but storytelling is great imo which is what kept me quite interested in my first playthrough, second not so much, third well don't feel like playing the third at all.

I don't think the kiss makes any sense in a scenario where Geralt has dumped Yen. I might be able to tolerate that lazy garbage if there had dialogue fallout of it between Yen, Triss and Geralt. As it is if you romance Triss you get Yen forcing her tongue down Geralt's throat in public, little reaction from Triss, no public addressing of the fact Geralt is with Triss. It's just a mess which i hope CD Red will fix or at the very least a modder will remove that kiss.

I couldn't agree more, i wouldn't even mind the kiss if there was some reaction later on, yet there is nothing like that, Geralt lets Yen kiss him, Triss barely even reacts - the only excuse for that is Triss was so happy to see Ciri she just ignored it, but that is still not an excuse.

I couldn't agree more, i wouldn't even mind the kiss if there was some reaction later on, yet there is nothing like that,
Same if there was a consequence of the kiss I would be annoyed at first as I was but I wouldn't mind it at all after I see the consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom