The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, according to Letho, Yennefer seduced Auckes when she was together with the witchers from the Viper school. You can argue she she had lost her memory and didn't remember Geralt, but the same can be said about Geralt. The first time Geralt remembers Yennefer is during the interrogation with Roche, which happens after he had sex with Triss. (temerian camp) The elven bath scene is the player's choice, so it's not canon. So I don't see your point why Yennefer has the right feel betrayed by Geralt. By Triss? Yes, she obviously abused Geralt's lost memory. But Geralt just didn't know about Yennefer until his memories returned.

And if I remember she did it on purpose, no? Oh, come on! Geralt didn't know about Yenn but Triss!!! That's a whole different situation. And that's the reason why Geralt is looking for her. He can told her that he lost his memory and Triss used this. Yenn has the right because she didn't know about Geralt lost memory and she simply know that her man and her best friend are together. Isn't this enough?

Well, according to Letho, Yennefer seduced Auckes when she was together with the witchers from the Viper school. You can argue she she had lost her memory and didn't remember Geralt, but the same can be said about Geralt. The first time Geralt remembers Yennefer is during the interrogation with Roche, which happens after he had sex with Triss. (temerian camp) The elven bath scene is the player's choice, so it's not canon. So I don't see your point why Yennefer has the right feel betrayed by Geralt. By Triss? Yes, she obviously abused Geralt's lost memory. But Geralt just didn't know about Yennefer until his memories returned.

In the case that we ignore if the gamer has read the books before or not. Technicaly is a choice, de facto is a lie to the gamer if CDPR had already in mind the TW3 story.... or a bad solved issue by CDPR for Triss fans where they have been unable to introduce Yen rightly and portraying Triss in TW1 as Sorceress of the Lodge controlling the witcher instead Geralt's friend who simply could have say him at the begining Geralt, I'm not the sorceress who you feel you are in love..

I pray that this suppossed choice won't be a direct choice of Geralt but one conditioned by his previous acts indirectly.

And you are talking about Yenn or Ciri like they don't care about Geralt.
Please do not change my words. I never said they do not care about Geralt. I said my question is why they have not contacted Geralt.There has to be logical reason behind it, and not some 2nd grader bullshit.
I'm telling you that Yenn was looking for her "daughter" while Geralt was dealing with mutagens and Foltest.
And I told you Geralt's main objective was recovering his memories and finding Yen, and the rest including mutagens and foltest were means to an end. He had lost his memories, and he did not know where Yen was. He is actively pursuing Yen in Witcher 3 after he got an idea from Letho and Sile' on Yen's whereabouts. You don't seem to get that under normal circumstances Yen would try to contact Geralt first, and then they would look for their "daughter" together since Geralt is a skilled Witcher and swordsman.
Beside that Yenn is aware that he is quite happy in his relationship with Triss. So yes, it's up to Geralt to find Yenn and try to explain his behavior. It's not Yenn who has found another love after return to this world. She has more important things to do. And even more, she has right to feel been betrayed by both Triss and Geralt.
Why do you assume Yen know about Geralt and Triss. Plus Yen has been with other people also, and so has Geralt even before the amnesia. Geralt did not betray Yen, since Geralt did not even know who Yennefer was when he slept with Triss at the start of Witcher 1 and even in Witcher 2. And this is honestly a pitiful matter, when Ciri's life is in danger.
Edit: @scryar already pointed this out before I posted this.
But why would you think about Yenn, while you are blindly happy for Triss. Thinking she is all good and innocent.
I actually am not very fund of Triss's behavior, although she has saved Geralt's life several times. Which brings me to the issue of
As for Triss.. I don't think she "played" Geralt. I mean not knowingly. She wouldn't do that. She is his friend and she knows what Yennefer and Ciri mean to him. Maybe she did hide Yennefer's location from him, but that does not mean she did it out of malice.
There are numerous red lights, which might just be out of place suspicion. But in the start of the Witcher 1 Triss acted like she was Yennefer, and Geralt's soul mate and long lost love. She kind of took advantage of his amnesia in some way. Also Geralt was starting to have flashbacks and he was starting to recover his memories, but suddenly Triss suggested that Roses of Remembrance would bring his memories back. We know that one of the components of the potions that was used to put a mind control spell on Saskia was the Roses of Remembrance. It is a possibility that Triss was going to try to put the same mind control spell on Geralt, since she knew that Geralt was recovering his memories,

Last edited:
It seems like neither Yen nor Ciri have been looking for Geralt, and it seems like they've been just doing their own things. On the other hand Geralt's main objective was to recover his memories and find Yen and Ciri.
This. It sure sounds like "Yenn and Ciri act like they don't care about Geralt" while our hero is looking for them. First of all he wasn't looking for them. Mainly because no one bother telling him about Yenn. And only in W3 we learned that Ciri has returned. So stop telling that he was looking for them. He returned to this world and was trying to figured out who he is and what to do. Only in the end of W2 he has new goal to look for Yenn.

Well, from certain info from latest journalist preview of the first hours of the game I know that Yenn is aware of Geralt and Triss adventure. Sorry if it's spoiler for you.

This. It sure sounds like "Yenn and Ciri act like they don't care about Geralt" while our hero is looking for them. First of all he wasn't looking for them. Mainly because no one bother telling him about Yenn. And only in W3 we learned that Ciri has returned. So stop telling that he was looking for them. He returned to this world and was trying to figured out who he is and what to do. Only in the end of W2 he has new goal to look for Yenn.

Well, from certain info from latest journalist preview of the first hours of the game I know that Yenn is aware of Geralt and Triss adventure. Sorry if it's spoiler for you.
You don't read my posts through, you add whatever you want to them, you just assume what you want, you want to tell me what I think and mean, and you keep repeating the same thing. Logic does not work here.
This is a waste of time.

Ok. Here are facts. Both Yenn and Geralt returned to this world without memories. Both were doing random things for quite some time. But at the start of W3 Geralt is looking for Yenn and Ciri. And Yenn is looking for Ciri also she knows about Geralt and Triss relationship. Why Yenn didn't contacted Geralt? Because she was captured by Nilfgard and then start looking for Ciri. I don't know what CDPR will show in game but I assume she is angry on Geralt and didn't contact him.

I assume that she was more worried by Ciri safety and the Wild Hunt. I assume she gets her memories a little before than Geralt. If Letho said the truth, Yen was with Emhyr who finally awares the Ciri's return, if Yen was beside him (near to Fringilla, perhaps? who perhaps has helped Yen to recover her memories?¿?¿) she might be aware of Ciri long before Gealt. Yen can be also awared about Geralt amnesia, with Triss... she (in spite jealousy) should know he is safe. But the danger is around Ciri and The Wild Hunt. One amnesic Geralt is unusefull and maybe she has no time to lose waiting he recovers his memories. So... she doesn't contact with him.

When Geralt meets Yen (before or after talking with Emhyr about Ciri) she bring him up the date about the real situatiion about Ciri.

I fear that any hypothesis to stay away from the eye of the hurricane which means Ciri be invalidated.

Last edited:
Didn't work? 20 years of their life and it didn't work?

Ah ah ah my lady, i wont let escape you here that easy!

20 years ... yeah maybe.... but with huge huge break up times. And the wild hunt is responsible for many
things... but... Istredd and other Yennefer affairs might be to yes? So as Geralt and his affairs...

Isn t quite that easy to say... "love with Triss? No way not after those two love each other that intense"

No no.... sure with Triss is might be not "love on the first sight" but its love for sure too. Such love is
stronger in most of the cases. Though i don t say Geralt and Yennefers love is weaker.
Remember don t cut out the game storys here. This already a heated and hard decision to make *smirk*
and we don t even hold the game in our hands.

This ll be quite troublesome i tell you! hehehheheh (sorry but was a bit busy today, thats why i am late :p)
******************************************************************************************************************

Hm at this moment it could be the same situation
as that one where yennefer was at skellige
and she mocks about Geralt, that he just planless hunt somewhere and ll end up depressed
and just go rampage :D

But we will know when we start the game, i think .... though it is also absolute clear that the
toxic love and affection between those two isn t any weaker by that time ^^ why else should
Geralt dream about

Him and Yennefer bathing together in Kear Morhen and she tells him to look after Ciri

i wonder if this "dream" might change after we choose Triss in TW3 and play it again
from the start.

@scryar

No ... Triss did not abuse Geratls amnesia... she encourage him to make decisons
on its own. Which is quite the thing the player does. So i think "abuse" is definatly the
wrong word here.

The bath scene is canon if the player choose to :p and we all know that
the games tell a very good stroy... so you could say the player "writes" the canon further
with his decisions in the game ;)

Last edited:
As for Triss.. I don't think she "played" Geralt. I mean not knowingly. She wouldn't do that. She is his friend and she knows what Yennefer and Ciri mean to him. Maybe she did hide Yennefer's location from him, but that does not mean she did it out of malice.

I agree but (yes, there's a but) I cannot trust 100% . We don't know what she did all this 5 years, almost 6. The only hint we have is she still contact with the Lodge and work for them. Malicious? No, Sorceress interest? Yes. Innocent? Grey.

It sure sounds like "Yenn and Ciri act like they don't care about Geralt" while our hero is looking for them.

You don't read my posts through, you add whatever you want to them, you just assume what you want, you want to tell me what I think and mean, and you keep repeating the same thing.

Moderator: This is not the way discussions are conducted on this forum. We do not misquote or read in statements that the person you quoted has stated plainly that he neither wrote nor meant. We do not accuse other members of being blind to the posts we made.

You can cease arguing in this manner without further input from the moderators, or the moderators can settle it for you. I can assure you, you will be much happier with the former alternative.

Ah ah ah my lady, i wont let escape you here that easy!

20 years ... yeah maybe.... but with huge huge break up times. And the wild hunt is responsible for many
things... but... Istredd and other Yennefer affairs might be to yes? So as Geralt and his affairs...

Wild Hunt separated this couple in Avallach, after all these affairs you listing past. Both accepted how the other one were and done, and in spite of these affairs they still loves each other. It's calling true love. It is that love which several people feel once in their life, time and circunstances separated them but when they meet again they realize the flame is still there burning.

Maybe one have to live personally such experience to understand it. Finding your soul mate is not available to everyone, and often when someone do there's not guarantee to this one becomes aware of it.

I don't know what CDPR will give us about this in the game, but for those who love the books, the "choice" of Triss instead Yen must be strongly argued by CDPR in the plots.

Anybody will be free to play the game by self taste, of course. And, obviously, the read of the novels must influence a lot..

Last edited:
after all these affairs you listing past. Both accepted how the other one were and done, and in spite of these affairs they still loves each other. It's calling true love. It is that love which several people feel once in their life, time and circunstances separated them but when they meet again they realize the flame is still there burning.

Are you describing this movie? :D

Which fits btw.

I'm replaying TW1 and every act of Triss reafirm myself about she is not clear nor trustfull to Geralt.
And I reapeat, I'm not telling she is bad or that I don't like her. I'm telling she is not clear.
Agreed. TW1 and TW2 Triss are completely different people.
It's as if they took Shani's personality and gave it to Triss in TW2. [Too many people chose Shani, so they had to 'tone' Triss down as it was obvious her intentions.]

So to have them pull a Yen is now your love... just does not feel right.
True, most people here are about 'canon', etc. But if you want canon, there are movies, or the player can play it according to canon... but it does not take away from the experience that other players have when you have a choice, that really was never a choice.

And about memory loss... this does not take away from the new memories, and fact is, trying to put Geralts personality on the player when new elements will be new even if they are presented otherwise... again, rpg - to each their own.

I would not be surprised if some people mod the game and incorporate Shani or some other choice from TW2 even. :)

It's as if they took Shani's personality and gave it to Triss in TW2. [Too many people chose Shani, so they had to 'tone' Triss down as it was obvious her intentions.]

Shani and Triss are both "nicer" people. In TW1 Triss wasn't herself; I think Triss was more like Yen, and Shani took Triss' place without needing to change personality. In TW2 Triss was being herself.

Agreed. TW1 and TW2 Triss are completely different people.
Its as if they gave W1 Triss the personalty of Yennefer, while in W2 they gave Triss her personality from the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom