Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC and PAX

+
No sarcastic, I really hoped better graphics than this, it looks compressed or too much antialiased, blurry, TW2 looks way better, maybe the video's qualitiy/resolution is very low

or maybe he game's resolution is low like 640 x 480

Its a video of a video that was streamed from a mile away using Nvidia shield. Really shouldnt be trying to judge graphics based on such footage.

That third guy on the bridge is probably hoping that, if he keeps silent and doesn't move, Geralt will let him live and just walk by.

Attachments

• i-hate-u-graphic.jpg
    i-hate-u-graphic.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
this was probably not their buddy, maybe trader or sb who wanted to get pass the bridge and bandits wanted to rob him

Unlikely. Merchant will not stand right near bandit camp with his back facing other bandits and with nothing but some weapon on his back. Also notice that there is red icon on minimap position like with the other bandit.

Attachments

• bandit.jpg
    bandit.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Unlikely. Merchant will not stand right near bandit camp with his back facing other bandits and with nothing but some weapon on his back. Also notice that there is read icon on his minimap position like with the other bandit.

Yeah, I think it's a Bandit too.....a strangely disinterested one at that. Still, maybe this sort of thing is the reason they are still tweaking and why the game got delayed.

I hope we can disable the red flash hit warning thingy. It stands out too much and you don't need it in a 3rd person perspective anyways, since you have most of the time a good overview over the action. The only games that need such warnings are competitive multiplayer 1st person shooters where you want to know that you are getting hit and especially from which direction.

I just hope the end of PAX will also see the end of these very "broad/general" gameplay videos, and afterwards they'll be focusing on more in-depth, feature specific videos, more in the style of a developer diary.

I understand PAX is one last opportunity to present one of these general demos to "Wow" the crowd and snag a few more pre-orders, but at this point another general demo has a really low chance of actually showing off anything new/informative/interesting, or something that couldn't have been better left for the game to show for itself (For example, as gorgeous as that Sunrise is, I would have been happy waiting to be Wowed by it in the game).

There's still a number of aspects of the game which require elaboration, the assurance that they actually do have some kind of depth and meaning (Alchemy, Witcher Senses, Underwater Combat/Exploration, Crafting, Skill Tree & Ability 'Activation' system, Inventory/UI etc) and these general demos simply cannot accomplish that, so I really do hope this is the end of them.

Its a video of a video that was streamed from a mile away using Nvidia shield. Really shouldnt be trying to judge graphics based on such footage.
Source on the Nvidia shield bit? I think the game looks fantastic (Trees could be touched up a bit. They look less detailed than the screenshot here and the gameplay is at the same cross roads) Everything other than the trees look the same to me.

View attachment 10899

Comparison for the reds to see what I mean

View attachment 10900

I hope we get an uncompressed version. It may just be compression

Attachments

• image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-25981-2651_0001.jpg
    image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-25981-2651_0001.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC 2015.mp4_snapshot_00.30_[2015.03.04_15.01.11].jpg
    Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC 2015.mp4_snapshot_00.30_[2015.03.04_15.01.11].jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Man, if the console versions manage to come even close to this....then CDPR has done a great job.

So excited!

Video has pretty poor quality so i can't really judge the graphics but there are some things that i can talk about.
The animations of Geralt running and walking has improved by a LOT. He runs differently going down a slope and i guess we can assume he does the same when going up.
Combat animations look a lot better as well. Not too fast not too slow, just about right.
Face and body look really well and also the graphics, especially with the rays coming between the trees, look awesome.
Only one thing that caught my eye both on this vid and the previous one. Although grass and leaves move when he walks on them, bigger bushes do not and he just walks right through. Not a deal breaker or anything, just kinda looks funny sometimes.

Top Bottom