map

+
Looks like we will have it before game release:

Anyone knows were the map comes from, from this video?

Edit: never mind, I should look in the description of video's more often...

About Nilfgaad - what we know and what we can suspect (land, politic etc.)

Witcher Lore Series: Nilfgaard

Last edited:
Anyone knows were the map comes from, from this video?

If you need some maps here you go.

But I have to say that The best one is This One. You can youse Tis one Too.This is the most likely the best corresponds to reality:

This two three are most known, but they are not too accurate:

And this is that, which one you wanted - the worst one. The most different from "reality":

Last edited:
The problem I've always had with the world of the Witcher is that I've always assumed that the main countries of the North were close to the size, if not a little smaller, of similar countries of late medieval Europe going by their population, technology, culture. However going off of that fact that Nilfgard is so far south and it should really be closer in culture so Spain, southern Italy or the Middle East.

So if they're the size of Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, etc., they should have been swallowed up by one another a long time ago. There never was a lot of smaller countries right next to each other, they'd always be swallowed up a large empire (currently happening) or one would take over the others. Ard Skellige is simillar to Viking culture and climate, but if so that would make Kovir and Poviss too far north to be important because of the severe cold wouldn't allow for larger populations.

(Shani appaerance is almost certain :p)

It's been confirmed that Oxenfurt is in the game for a good while now (a year or so I believe). And as far as I know it's been confirmed on the GOG livestream that Shani won't be in the game.

I think this is just a background image showing the world map you can see with TW2, just to indicate you're over the Map button, not the actual in-game map.

Just saw the collectors edition glimpse of the world map. I personally think we won´t see much of Kaedwen, Aedirn and Lyria in the game.
I think the main locations will be Radenia and Temeria.

I´m really excited to find out though!

It's been confirmed that Oxenfurt is in the game for a good while now (a year or so I believe). And as far as I know it's been confirmed on the GOG livestream that Shani won't be in the game.
If that the case I missed the annoucement, I only recall that we saw scrap of the map showing another city without naming it, somme people believe it was wyzima.
I thougt that the reds on the GOG livestream only said that some characters from TW1 won't be present without saying wich one but I may be mistaken.

From the recent PAX livestream:

Not the best of quality and not sure it's complete, but a nice preview nonetheless. :)

Here we can see that they put Kaer Morhen pretty close to the Novigrad, all the maps I seen so far put Kaer Morhen far north, in Kaedwen, but on the other hand none of those maps are official, like map of Middle earth from LOTR, so i guess it is not a problem

Good analysis of the world map guys! I think you got it right. Now the question is whether that´s the whole world map or just a part of it.

If Gors Velen (and therefore the remains of Thanedd Island) are in the game it will be just about perfect for me. Three large cities (Novigrad, Oxenfurt and Gors Velen) on the main map. Two additional cities in other areas with Kaer Trolde and Vizima. It appears they really want to balance the game properly as far as scale is concerned and having plenty of content while maintaining the sense of space and openness. The cities will be proper cities rather than 10 houses and a Palace like other games that I won't mention here. It will take more than two minutes to walk from one city to the other as well. Basically I could not be happier if this turns out to be the map (although it would be nice if we could at least venture into a portion of Brokilon). I officially cannot wait for this game to be released. I still think there's a chance the Gors Velen won't be in the game and is just included in the larger map to show where it is in relation to the game map. However, its definitely gone from like 20% chance in game to 50% chance in game in my mind after seeing that video.

Top Bottom