How far?

+
Do people still bum rush open-world games? Is it really too much to ask yourself to enjoy? You do realize the game has 200+ hours of gameplay, like, quite literally. Not fillers or grinding, actual legit gameplay and content, worthy of 200+ hours, and somehow people would manage to finish this massive game in just 2 - 3 days?

That's messed up!

A stats menu would be nice where we can see how many main and side quests we have already done, progress in percentage, discovered places, etc, etc... similar to other games like farcry 3 for example...

I thought they had that implemented? If not that is a WONDERFUL idea.

Didnt see anything like this so far. There is a stats page, but there are only stats about your player like armor strenght etc... but nothing about the progress of the game. Or did i miss this completely?

Do people still bum rush open-world games? Is it really too much to ask yourself to enjoy? You do realize the game has 200+ hours of gameplay, like, quite literally. Not fillers or grinding, actual legit gameplay and content, worthy of 200+ hours, and somehow people would manage to finish this massive game in just 2 - 3 days?

That's messed up!

After a point I just wanted to finish the first area so I rushed, fast traveled etc and tracked all quests.

Then I was like "What am I doing? Why? Such a beautiful map and instead of enjoying you rush to finish the prologue before you go to sleep".

I'll try to take it slow from now on.

I have been playing 10+ hours a day for last 3 days. I'm doing everything I can. Main story, side quests, hunting and just treveling and exploring. I don't ruh the game. So far it is amazing. BTW I am level 16.

There are games where they do tend to overstay their welcome.

A great example of this is ALIEN: Isolation. Great game, truly, the best ALIEN game since, well.. Alien Vs. Predator 2. The game really brought me back to the first film, and wasn't even cannon, and it damn well should have been! Great story. The game was also 5 - 7 hours a bit too long, heheh.. 20 - 25 hours in total. By some point in the game you just wanna finish it, but you tell yourself not to! Enjoy the experience!

Other games like Assassin's Creed II or Black Flag, or even one of my favourite games, BioShock and even the first Witcher. At some point you just want to finish and get it over with.

Witcher 3 just isn't that kind of game. I'd very much like Witcher 3 to last me until MGSV: Phantom Pain comes out, and let us not forget the Expansion that comes for Witcher later this year, eh?

A stats menu would be nice where we can see how many main and side quests we have already done, progress in percentage, discovered places, etc, etc... similar to other games like farcry 3 for example...

I would really love to have this feature.

---------- Updated at 07:26 AM ----------

I kinda like not knowing when it's going to end. Adds to the excitement and wonder...

Yup. But when you think it is the end it would be nice to see that you actually see 90% of the game and be encourage to squeeze more out of the game :)

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

That last statement!

It's like traveling a dungeon, but you have several paths, and one leads to the exit, but your like SCREW THAT! I'm going THIS WAY for more loot cause I have completionist syndrome!

Knowing the percentage of completion could help in case certain Quests somehow decide to limit your.. play, for whatever reason.

200 hours YEAH RIGHT

I have just left the palace of Viziema. I have played a little of twenty hours and I am level 4 at the moment. For the life of me I cannot imagine how I can complete this hours in around 200 hours. I really have to get a move on then but I can't because I have to explorer everything - every house, forest, cave, ruin, stream, POI and so on.

The only thing I don't explore unless there's a quest or POI bound to it is the underwater. It's simply a pain to swim around for me and it becomes tedious fast.

But my explorations also pays of. I collected almost 2500 orens ny questing, selling and "lending" money from the locals in White Orchad :D

I very much doubt I will be completing this game in 500 hours. Honestly there's just too much to do and to much to see. And then Gwent is so addictive that I foresee I will be using uncountable hours. Hopefully I soon meet some opponents that aren't just walkovers as the first few I have met after I got the basics.

One might thing I would go dead in the game playing so thorough but the truth is I get more and more immersed hour after hour. :)

The only thing that really annoys me so far is the counterstrike window opportunity. I really can't seem to nail it and I end up dodging or rolling constantly instead.

7 hours in, just about to become level 4 (12 XP points away!!) and still have a couple of POI's on the map and a guarded treasure (the water hag one) still to go in White Orchard before i move on.

Definitely not going to rush this game, just take my time and savor the flavor!

Im at 50 hours according to Steam. Only 10th level and 13% achievements unlocked. Mostly doing misc quests, exploring, playing card games and brawling. Visited both main cities. And had to rollback several hours back since didnt want to loose Baron's and his buddies unique cards (dont repeat my mistake, dont do Anna investigation if you havent beat him in cards yet!).

Im still playing W2 for my perfect save to import, but I did dabble for a few hours in the prologue area to get a feel for how the game runs and looks on my system, which is very nicely given my moderate hardware my only gripe being the K+M controls felt wonky and cumbersome to reach the required keys but controller felt quite accoomplished will have to see if by the time I finish W2 I will choose K+M or controller.

However a quick and dirty youtube search reveals 1 video claiming to show the Witcher 3 ending, which of course I cant verify as Im not going within 10 miles of that video, would spoil the game far too much to know what it could be building towards.

That's messed up!
From a roleplaying point of view it is silly for Gerald to do all the sidequests. Only reason for him would be money, and when he has enough, why would he care about other peoples problems, when he has more urgent problems? I could even ask you, how can you play a role of a character, that is in search of the only person he really cares about, and waste your time doing sidequests? A character that even tries to stay neutral and out of other people problems as much as possible. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
From a roleplaying point of view it is silly for Gerald to do all the sidequests. Only reason for him would be money, and when he has enough, why would he care about other peoples problems, when he has more urgent problems? I could even ask you, how can you play a role of a character, that is in search of the only person he really cares about, and waste your time doing sidequests? A character that even tries to stay out of other people problems and stays neutral as much as possible. Makes no sense to me.

'Let's ask the Eagles to drop the Ring in the volcano...'

Some quests are more about the journey than the destination.
I'm playing on B&BB (Hard) so I need the side quests to build up experience and coin, and can rationalise that Geralt knows that.
Or you could set it to Easy and pump down the main quest line.
These are just choices.
That it makes no sense to an individual, does not invalidate them.

I've had the good fortune to have some time on my hands and have put probably 30 hours in.
I'm at level 10, still in Velen, and I'm following the following 'formula':

• Complete the current quest, clearing monsters/bandits and picking up (but not completing) all quests I pass along the way.
  • The next quest will be lowest level contract, side or main quest in my quests log.

So I'm wandering around Velen at level 10, but working through the level 6 contracts, side and main quests,
once they are done, on to level 7 quests. On Hard difficulty this is providing a good challenge, but with a slight
over-levelling now, I'm not having to reload constantly after swift death as I was at the start.

You can't repeat your first time, so I'm taking my time about it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom