1.07 PC patch delay due to console certification process

+

And console patch need week or soo for certification... PC dont need that... Easy...

wow...that is...uhm...words cannot properly express how disappointed I am in them.

In short: CDPR have been "accused" of favoring the PC version of the game just because theres no fuckin stupid certification process to go through like there is for the consoles. Personally, the people who have made those unfounded accusations toward CDPR if I were CDPR I would just say "Its the certification process that slows the console patches down we can't do anything about that" and leave it at that then continue to do things as they were. CDPR delaying the PC patch just so it comes out same time as the console patches just feels like CDPR being bullied \ pushed around like the new kid at school. Way to man up, CDPR.

What's the point of the certification process anyway? It doesn't seem to prevent buggy patches, just slowing down further updates.

What's the point of the certification process anyway? It doesn't seem to prevent buggy patches, just slowing down further updates.

The point is that Microsoft and Sony must have control over each and every bit of data that ever touches their consoles. It's a control issue. It's the reason consoles don't get mods (and the reason why I can't wait to see Fallout 4's promise of mods fall flatter than a pancake later this year...gana be gooooood).

AFAIK all it essentially is is MS and Sony wanting to feel like they have control over something relating to their respective platforms. If you ever heard of it, the console certification process is every bit as utterly pointless as the WHQL (windows hardware quality labs) certification process manufacturers of PC hardware are "supposed" to use, but fortunately do not have to they can just slap a beta tag on the driver and circumvent the delay entirely.

A few posts have just been deleted. Do NOT attack other forum members, under any circumstances.

And if you are speculating on reasons for the delay, do not use language that puts the blame on other players.

Last edited:
Do NOT attack other forum members, under any circumstances.

But how its possible to attck other forum members from this forum ? Are we have Hidden Fast Travel Facility here on forum which I am unaware of ?? :respect:

---------- Updated at 12:38 PM ----------

Its very simple think.. This patch is big & with many new things so if CDPR release it for any single platform then its a big spoiler & fun killing thing for other platform users as they going to know about this all new things all over internet through images, videos & from other sources so may be CDPR decided not to release this patch for any single platform & They going to release it for all platforms at same time.

To PC Users - Don't you going to see what's new or changed in this patch if CDPR release 1.07 patch for consoles 1st ?

Last edited:
Personally if the PC patch is ready then release it,as to console owners it's tough luck on them,they chose the console version so have to wait for certification,no reason why they should delay the PC patch just because of console users.

Personally if the PC patch is ready then release it,as to console owners it's tough luck on them,they chose the console version so have to wait for certification,no reason why they should delay the PC patch just because of console users.

CDPR obviously doesn't agree with you. They obviously value the console player's business over the PC player's business.

:facepalm:

First off i would appreciate if u didnt use this thread to start any kind of flame war going on between consoles and pc. With that out of the way i would be extremely grateful if someone from CDPR could explain to me the reason for deciding to hold off pc patch until console certification patch process is done for(If that is indeed the reason for pc patch being delayed and not something else but i highly doubt that)

It's better to delay it than release it and cause more issues by doing so, it's better safe than sorry.

It's better to delay it than release it and cause more issues by doing so, it's better safe than sorry.

Agreed...if this was the case. It's not the case. There is no "better safe than sorry" here. This is simply a case of CDPR catering to console players over PC players, putting console player's feelings over the ability of PC players to play the game. This has literally nothing to do with anything other than CDPR valuing their console players over the PC players.

CDPR obviously doesn't agree with you. They obviously value the console player's business over the PC player's business.

Holding up PC users on a PC patch that 's ready is good customer business right?..Hell no,if it's ready then release it for the PC.

A lot of game companies do the same thing, when it's ready it's released ASAP,holding it up because of console users makes no sense.

Btw guys I'm not saying release it before it's ready,but saying if it's ready on the PC then no valid reason to wait just because of console users out there.

Last edited:
This has literally nothing to do with anything other than CDPR valuing their console players over the PC players.

Then why CDPR released previous patches for PC 1st ?? Even they cancle 1.06 patch for console so Whats your answer for this ?

Holding up PC users on a PC patch that 's ready is good customer business right?..Hell no,if it's ready then release it for the PC.

A lot of game companies do the same thing, when it's ready it's released ASAP,holding it up because of console users makes no sense.

I cannot think of a single AAA company that has ever held up a PC patch for consoles. Basically, this is one of the most anti-PC decisions I've ever seen any company make.

Then why CDPR released previous patches for PC 1st ?? Even they cancle 1.06 patch for console so Whats your answer for this ?

Because that's how patches work. On PC, you make a patch, you press a button, the players have the patch. On console, you make a patch, Sony/Microsoft takes a week to verify the patch, than the players have the patch. See the difference? That's why consoles get patches slower. I has NOTHING to do with CDPR and EVERYTHING to do with consoles being owned by Microsoft/Sony.

On the other hand, in this specific situation, the delay on the PC patch has EVERYTHING to do with CDPR and NOTHING to do with the fact that the PC patch needs to be delayed. Cause it doesn't. There's literally no good reason to do it.

I cannot think of a single AAA company that has ever held up a PC patch for consoles. Basically, this is one of the most anti-PC decisions I've ever seen any company make.

That's my point,if it's ready then it should be released,I can understand if it's not ready but from what I've read it's ready but delayed due to console owners and their certification process which has nothing to do with the PC patch that is ready for release.

Because that's how patches work.

Man I know how it works & I am not asking you about that. you said "CDPR valuing their console players over the PC players." & that's why I am asking you why you think like that as they released previous patches for pc first.

As if they really valuing their console players over the PC players then why not CDPR released previous patches at same time for all platforms ? or Console patches 1st ?

Another question for you how you are so sure that pc patch is ready ? I mean what if they created console patches 1st as they cancel 1.06 patch for console & when console patch certification process is in progress they started working on pc patch so may be they currently finishing pc patch.

Last edited:
Man I know how it works & I am not asking you about that. you said "CDPR valuing their console players over the PC players." & that's why I am asking you why you think like that as they released previous patches for pc first.

Another question for you how you are so sure that pc patch is ready ? I mean what if they created console patches 1st as they cancel 1.06 patch for console & when console patch certification process is in progress they started working on pc patch so may be they currently finishing pc patch.

I think users are going by title thread ie " 1.07 PC patch delay due to console certification process" so that in itself is pretty clear,CDPR could clear it up in one way or another.

I think users are going by title thread ie " 1.07 PC patch delay due to console certification process" so that in itself is pretty clear,CDPR could clear it up in one way or another.

Man 1st read the 1st post op clearly said "If that is indeed the reason for pc patch being delayed and not something else but i highly doubt that". Its just his guess. This thread is not by CDPR saying we are holding up pc patch due to console certification process. Its just a random thread by random user.

Top Bottom