Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC and PAX

+
Yes. I remember now. In 35 min demo hair was same with GDC. And there hairwork was enabled. So, is the wolf''s fur was hairwork enabled too? i cant understand anything at this quality of video

---------- Updated at 08:35 AM ----------

Where did you see the rocks cast shadow in January footage? little roks are not casting shadow in this game at all. And did not cast in January footage too.

watch near the beginning of the video, when geralt gets on the horse and he gets out of the part with a lot of grass, before combat music starts, the rocks are clearly casting shadows there.

watch near the beginning of the video, when geralt gets on the horse and he gets out of the part with a lot of grass, before combat music starts, the rocks are clearly casting shadows there.

I can confirm this as true. Check the B-roll footage the very instant the timer reaches 01:16, and you can clearly see shadows on the rocks as Geralt is on horseback.

Hmmmm. Interesting. I noticed it. But when Geralt is riding horse in the villiage with Vesemir the rocks does not cast shadows again.

So i think its not depended on graphics setting, but mesh type. Because both footage from same gameplay with high setting. So i think there are 2 types of rocks. Shadow casting rocks and non shadow casting rocks (whatever. ))))

Or CDProject optimised scenes. I mean in complex scenes rocks does not cast shadows but in empty scenes rocks cast shadows.

On this video, the textures looks much better than the gameplay shown during the PAX presentation panel. The one from PAX has worse textures (since it's from xbox one i guess)

New gameplay from PAX:

Might as well continue the discussion on the gameplay footage in this thread. :)
This is my favorite gameplay video so far, so rad!
Geralt looks a lot better too, no more fat beaver cheeks, more slim and his hair is white ha.
Damn hype 10, this place looks real all of it looks perfect to me. Very cool CDPR Team, Thank You!! :)

It looks pretty good but I don't like the way the grass looks. It's too obviously 2d. Especially when he is talking to the quest giver in the town, the grass looks flat and it's glitching through the wood of the house behind him. And now I can't stop noticing it during the rest of the footage :(

Edit: I think its because the grass moves too much, and it's placed too far under the surface so that movement makes it look really weird.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Interesting. I noticed it. But when Geralt is riding horse in the villiage with Vesemir the rocks does not cast shadows again.

So i think its not depended on graphics setting, but mesh type. Because both footage from same gameplay with high setting. So i think there are 2 types of rocks. Shadow casting rocks and non shadow casting rocks (whatever. ))))

Or CDProject optimised scenes. I mean in complex scenes rocks does not cast shadows but in empty scenes rocks cast shadows.

Its a good guess, but keep in mind sequences usually change graphics, and also these videos can be made up of footage taken from different versions at different times of development, such is the case of trailers.

We'll find out at release.

Looks fantastic except for the grass, which looks really bad. But please give us a uncompressed downloadable version

Grass and some bushes are the only thing that to me looks objectively worse quality than the trailers and screenshots, so I assume its because its in high settings.

Other than that it looks fucking great.

Top Bottom