Stuck In a Ship

+
Stuck In a Ship

Hello. I am not sure if this post goes here, but I think it counts as a technical issue. I am stuck in a ship in the area for the quest "A Costly Mistake". I went in it because I thought the treasure might be there, but it turned out to be empty. So I tried to leave and it is impossible. Geralt can't walk up the stairs due to being in water. Also jump is disabled in the water. I ended up having to reload a previous save to remedy this.

This mechanic of not being able to jump while walking through water has been a source of mild frustration for me. There are areas on the map that a normal person would have no trouble walking onto while in the water in order to get out, but instead Geralt cannot and you must swim for varying distances to find a suitable gradient for him to be able to walk onto land from.

Here I have a couple screenshots of inside the ship.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 2015-05-27_00001.jpg
    2015-05-27_00001.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 2015-05-27_00002.jpg
    2015-05-27_00002.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 86
Yeah, I got stuck in that ship,too. I think it´s a bug where a certain spot were made, to jump out of the ship. However this spot doesn´t work and there is (as far as I know, no way out of it). Had to load a save, before I entered the ship :p Should really get fixed.

Yeah quicksave is a real lifesaver. Unfortunately whenever I REALLY need a previous save it seems like the last one I have is an hour old or more lol.

I managed to jump out after a lot of trying. What I did was approach the stairs from the right(when facing it), where Geralt is outside the water and you can actually jump. Then keep mashing the jump button facing that direction until you manage to get Geralt to jump on top of the beam and jump again and he'll jut out.

I know what you mean and I tried that but it wasn't working for me. I don't know if you use kb and m or controller, but kbm controls are annoyingly imprecise in this game. I've fallen off many a ledge because of them.

Top Bottom