Collecting questions for an upcoming Dev Spotlight feat. Damien Monnier

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the type of armor Geralt wears affect his speed and stamina (heavy coat armor as opposed to wearing just normal clothes).

Is boat racing coming in future DLC?

Since you threw away traditional concept of difficulty settings (higher difficulty- enemies have more hitpoints and do more damage) could you tell us how exactly difficulty settings works? More enemies per pack? Better AI? Or maybe combination of both and even more than that?

There are rumors that theres around 70 unique types of monsters in the game. How hard was it to make every monster unique gameplay wise? Will we encounter many creatures with crazy abilities like Fiends hypnotic eye and Foglings well.... fog? :D

That was already asked on polish forum, but wasn't explained fully.

Will wind affect sailing? Can we sail directly against the wind (which in reality is impossible), will there be gradual change of boat speed depending on how strong the wind is?

Hi, my question is, will you please add animation for putting sword back in scabbard, not just reverse pulling out animations?

I would love some more insight into the whole "Enemies don't respawn" thing. It just seems like areas would become stale when everything dies off and there's nothing to fight. So my question would be, "If enemies don't respawn at all, what will keep exploration of areas from becoming kind of boring overtime, with nothing to fight?"

Big thx to Damien for taking time and answer our questions.

So Damien you played TW3 already right? Then you can maybe answer this question.

Tech design question:

You saved your games? How does "save the game" work? You' re able to override your previous savegame?
Or will you end up with a huge pile of savegames like in TW2? Ending up deleting them manually?

Art design question:

Will we be able to change the UI art design? aka the icon art style (in the future maybe) ? Again just ask because
you already played the game, aye? :D *smirk*

Game design question:

Will ALL NPC react to stealing in the future? Like the guards do right now?

Alchemy questions are already asked so i wont ask again ;) except for
Is CAT tw1 CAT or you used different potions effects again?

Thx again Damien for taking time for this ;)

I am sorry if these have been asked before,but here I go:
1st - Is there going to be underwater combat? Or is diving only for exploration purposes
2nd - From what I have seen from gameplay videos there is an extremely fast HP regen - is that because some cheats are enabled or is the game like this? If I play on second difficulty will I have to worry about using potions for better health regeneration and etc.? As far as I read, potions will be necesarry for higher difficulties,but what about medium?

Bonjour, Damien!

I wanted to ask you, how did you design the signs this time?

Could you talk briefly about their roles in the game (maybe something like - using Igni to burn the swamp gas - which was mentioned before) and how did you balance them, having in mind, the previous installments had a big problem with balancing the signs and keeping all of them useful and fun to use?

For example:
In Witcher 1, Yrden and Axii were mostly useless and Igni was very overpowered.
In Witcher 2, Yrden got some uses, but Quen got terribly overpowered again.

Last edited:
If I'm not wrong, in some past interviews it was comented that the assets (big and small, for example, a table) had strong phishics attached that made them to be affected by witcher signs, for example aard one.

1. I'm in true? or did the info went wrong, somewhere?
2. If I'm in true, will it affect the gameplay and the combat, in some way? can we throw a table to an enemy?

Can we expect minigames that have not been mentioned yet?

What was your favorite part about designing gwent?

Will brokillon be in the game?

Will potions have more cool active effects this time around? Like slowing down time(blizzard) etc

You guys mentioned that UI will be customizable to the point where you can play with a clear screen. Will console players also have this option?

Thanks

Last edited:
Why did you decide to remove the dice poker when it is such an significant minigame to series and not that hard to implement?(btw it is rant question so if you want to say political answer like "because gwent" rather do not answer at all)

What was the decision behind giving items durability? Why to force the players to repair their gear?(rant question again...would like to see some reasonable thoughtprocess :))

Now to normal questions!
Was the designing of the game driven with mind that players can fully customize ui and thus they will face different conditions how to aproach the game?

Did you play previous games and if yes what did you like on them that much that you decided to put it in TW3 too?

What desing choices did you make to distinguish difficulties(apart from mentioned different ai)?

Does the Dark difficulty contain bonus gear like in TW2?

Is there any advanced group ai in game and if yes how does it work?

Is it possible to kill anyone in game or did you decide to go with way of immortal key characters?

Now I know something about game desing so...how many pages of game desing document did you manage to create till today?(I am really curious when it comes to such a big game)

Last but not least. Could you say something about your previous game development carrier?

Thx for QA and I hope at least one of my question will be intresting enough to answer!

Last edited:
Does the game have collectibles? And if so, do they have a purpose or are they just there for the sake of busywork? And how do they integrate with the gameplay?

A 'thank you' to Kinley, for compiling these questions, and a large 'thank you' to Damien for designing the gameplay, which we all so eagerly anticipate!

BroccoliSouP already mentioned my main question, but I repeat it, because it's one of my hobbies: what were the reasons for removing dice poker from The Wild Hunt, and is there any hope of seeing it return?

Second, what were the criteria by which you determined what was a satisfactory gameplay design choice for The Wild Hunt? In-house testing? Successful implication in other games? Suggestions from fans, and positive response? Could you give an example?

Finally, GHOSTMD asked about the save-game system, but I'm also curious: will the lay-out resemble the original Witcher, Assassins of Kings, or will it be something new?

Cheers, and live well!

Last edited:
Will we be able to zoom the exploration and combat camera closer to Geralt like we've seen during the gameplay scenes in the VGX and SoD trailers?
Or were these just done in the trailers like that to emulate gameplay scenes in a cinematic fashion for presentation, since they are trailers, and are not in the game?
Example images to show what I mean better:

Could you also go into a bit of detail what sort of changes Dark mode difficulty makes to the gameplay? We've heard it's not just a difference of more hitpoints for enemies, but new moves or tactics you wouldn't see in lower difficulties. Is there perhaps any non-combat changes that it makes too?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom