Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like when drinking with the other Witchers and they're giving him shit about Yen, he could say "That's over. Things are going to be a bit different around here. You'll be seeing a lot more of Triss from now on."

I actually had the option to tell them im not with Yen anymore (when drinking with Eskel and Lambert at KM)

...I reloaded the game and felt like sh.t for breaking Yen's heart. Her sadness was so touching...

The started to rub me off somehow, after all, saying no to Yen had not been easy and now I wanted Geralt to have his reward in the form of tender moments with Triss. And so I waited. And waited.

That exactly how i felt too, tried to express that in one of my earlier posts.

Last edited:
The started to rub me off somehow, after all, saying no to Yen had not been easy and now I wanted Geralt to have his reward in the form of tender moments with Triss. And so I waited. And waited. And after seeing Yen so many times it hit me that something was very wrong there. The world didn't care, Triss was nowhere to be found, no references whatsoever. Then I started to resent Yen just because of that, completely unrelated to actual story reasons. Anyway our thoughts on the matter had been posted well enough here, so I won't dwell on that.

The thing is though, I'm starting my second play rough now and I realized I am still annoyed at that short encounter with Yen at the beginning, but for entirely different reasons. I want an option for Geralt to tell her to f..k off when she mentions Triss, instead of "Yen, I lost my memory." I had decided this was going to be my Yen playthough but now I'm not so sure I'll be able to cope with it. There's still plenty of game around though, so I'll just focus on that.

Tl;dr: Even though I had liked Yen at the beginning, after seeing how they shoved her in our face at the expense of Triss , and how our choices didn't really matter in that regard, I don't like her that much anymore. Anybody else went through the same?

You are definitely not alone. I certainly planned on creating and importing a non Triss save down the line but really the unbalanced shoved in face treatment means there's no way i could face it. I'll just be a stubborn mule and keep rejecting her and picking Triss, sticking to picking up pieces of her content from the likes of here or youtube as to what she reveals during romance arc. Frustrating as i don't think it had to be like this.

Even though I had liked Yen at the beginning, after seeing how they shoved her in our face at the expense of Triss , and how our choices didn't really matter in that regard, I don't like her that much anymore. Anybody else went through the same?

Yup, you're among allies here. I had a pretty similar outlook - I was curious about Yen's story but ultimately decided on Triss because, well do I even need a reason, she's #1. :p Through no fault of her own, I grew to dislike Yennefer a bit by the end. Mainly because she was forced on us. Our choice of love interest had no impact on the rest of the game. :X

@Redemyr I had EXACTLY the same experience - you're pretty much stealing my life. The only difference being that I figured out the consequences before saying 'yes' to Yen. I also feel I don't resent Yen as much as you do :p

I actually had the option to tell them im not with Yen anymore (when drinking with Eskel and Lambert at KM)
I'd forgotten that, though it was a half truth if my memory is correct that they were criticising his taste in sorceresses(plural) and he doesn't acknowledge Triss.

I'd forgotten that, though it was a half truth if my memory is correct that they were criticising his taste in sorceresses(plural) and he doesn't acknowledge Triss.

That's what I meant, although to be fair, this is one of the points that we have been hoping for. Just wish there was more of it across the board. I also, in my admittedly unfair anti-Yen nature, wish it was more direct and like to the point of Triss.

Glad to find you guys feel the same :)

It is really sad though and I'd like to know why this oversight happened, given how they had proved they can craft a masterpiece if want to; I guess until they give an official response on the matter we'll never know.

Funny thing is that as I'm walking through the villages again and listening to the random banter, I can't help but think that if they had just cut some of these VAs we would have hardly noticed and the resources could have been used on fleshing out stories for the main characters, like the one we are asking for here.

Funny thing is that as I'm walking through the villages again and listening to the random banter, I can't help but think that if they had just cut some of these VAs we would have hardly noticed and the resources could have been used on fleshing out stories for the main characters, like the one we are asking for here.

This is the nature of game design, some things make it into the final product, some things get cut. Just such a shame that Triss was the one to get cut. ;( I'd cut out a side quest here, a Witcher contract there, and some random environment designs for more Triss. Especially since this is the last one. It's not fair for her to go out on a low note like this.

That's what I meant, although to be fair, this is one of the points that we have been hoping for. Just wish there was more of it across the board. I also, in my admittedly unfair anti-Yen nature, wish it was more direct and like to the point of Triss.

Loaded up a save i had and re-watched it. My annoyances and lack of positive feelings come from when Lambert goads us actually asking how is Triss we get 3 options. 1 is F*** off, 2 is i was taking about Uma and three is 'Triss is managing'. It's so inadequate especially if you compare to the Yen romanced version. Then we move to further drinks and yes i can acknowledge the breakup but when asked to talk about it, there's no option to acknowledge Triss. Why can't one of these 2 conversation sections have one choice to acknowledge the relationship. Really feels poor, like they went out of the way to avoid it and push the Yen romance or bizarrely expected people not to have done that quest by this point.

Loaded up a save i had and re-watched it. My annoyances and lack of positive feelings come from when Lambert goads us actually asking how is Triss we get 3 options. 1 is F*** off, 2 is i was taking about Uma and three is 'Triss is managing'. It's so inadequate especially if you compare to the Yen romanced version. Then we move to further drinks and yes i can acknowledge the breakup but when asked to talk about it, there's no option to acknowledge Triss. Why can't one of these 2 conversation sections have one choice to acknowledge the relationship. Really feels poor, like they went out of the way to avoid it and push the Yen romance or bizarrely expected people not to have done that quest by this point.

Dressing up in yens clothes will make you feel better.
https://youtu.be/Jv-fDIgiVlQ?t=9m48s

[edit]
Now I'm missing a fun(ny) Triss scene :(

Last edited:
Isn't there a button "I will not make excuses"? Not rude, but with the same meaning

3 options are i won't grovel, made a mistake and lost memory. 3 options and not one of them is to stick up for the Triss relationship.
Yen's dialogue is rather suggestive that's she hit her head on the way back to Kaer Morhen and has forgotten i dumped her but i can accept ambiguity but being forced to go with least bad option when there's 3 dialogues that's just terrible. Something really stinks about Kaer Morhen sequences and i'd love to know was it moved in terms of plot timing or Triss added late

---------- Updated at 01:00 AM ----------

Dressing up in yens clothes will make you feel better.
https://youtu.be/Jv-fDIgiVlQ?t=9m48s

[edit]
Now I'm missing a fun(ny) Triss scene :(

Lol missed that. My Geralt went to bed after Lambert's suggested the sorceress orgy.

Finishing the Triss romance path feels empty (just finished it). I expected at least a few quests or important story details to come of it. Seeing it reflect on Geralt's actions throughout the main quest would be ideal, but baking that in is a long road. Adding a couple quests after the lighthouse scene, and removing certain non story conforming things like Yen kissing Geralt would be nice though.

On a more pleasant note, at least the world state in the end was satisfying at the end of seven books and three games. Triss and Geralt living together in harmony without having to change for one another, her being the king of Kovir's adviser, and Geralt monster hunting casually...it's a real-world perfect ending. Including the stitches.

Problem i had with the "romance" in the game was in W1 & W2 Triss is/was my Geralts love intrest. Geralt had lost his memory and was trying to piece things together and had Triss there as a friend. That grew in to love and the only knowledge of Yen was that of small references.

In W3 Yen is pushed hard on Geralt as she is his love interrest in the books. But there is the emotinal attachment to Triss from W1&W2. Question is is it possible to love 2 people? Over the game i grew to like Yen but prior "feelings" for Triss where still also there.

That's why the entire resolution of the "threesome" felt so unsatisfactory as you end up with nothing and no way of explaining your self. At the end of the day it's just small gripes but still annoying that i had no way of explaing my "feelings" to them both but end up alone because i loved them both.

Why can't one of these 2 conversation sections have one choice to acknowledge the relationship. Really feels poor, like they went out of the way to avoid it and push the Yen romance or bizarrely expected people not to have done that quest by this point.

I think this is just further evidence that the game favors Yen. Which isn't really fair. Triss is such an awesome character and she deserves so much more. :(

3 options and not one of them is to stick up for the Triss relationship

Yeah, I don't like this. For Geralt being such a badass sometimes, he sure doesn't stick up for his ladies or tell his buddies off at all. :X Yeah the one option is "Fuck off" but Lambert probably gets that said to him 5 times a day. Like make him sit down and shut up. Or Geralt actually says something to support his lady - I feel like that isn't too terribly out of character.

Adding a couple quests after the lighthouse scene, and removing certain non story conforming things like Yen kissing Geralt would be nice though.

This I think is what we want most of all, or at least I do. A quest or two to commemorate the relationship. A little bit more dialogue. A general treatment of my choice as not "incorrect".

On a more pleasant note, at least the world state in the end was satisfying at the end of seven books and three games. Triss and Geralt living together in harmony without having to change for one another, her being the king of Kovir's adviser, and Geralt monster hunting casually...it's a real-world perfect ending. Including the stitches.

I actually did like how they ended up. But why couldn't we have seen some more? Think about the love scenes they have - the fountain, the party, the pier. They're so so good. Why does Yen kiss him and then next he talks with Triss, she already has their entire life planned out. And we can only accept or refuse? Why can't there be a couple of white dialogue options to ask her a few questions. Tell me about the place? Could I still be a Witcher in Kovir? Tell me about the job.

It all comes back to what I said a long time ago. This is a missed opportunity that really does detract from the main game. Bums me out. really that's all. It's still a great game but after Novigrad, it wasn't as good as I had originally thought. Objectively the mechanics are good and I like the story overall but this Triss-fiasco sort of colors the rest of the game in a negative fashion. I like the beginning especially the Baron. However, I won't be looking forward to having Triss taken away from me. I like the middle very much because Triss. Dijkstra is pretty cool too. Don't like the later sections as much because of all the Yen however for the most part I like Skellige - nice place to explore, the people are interesting also. But like I said, I am just left with a sour taste about the lack of Triss. :X Sad that our favorite sorceress is set aside at the end of her story. I am not without hope though - I think we could have an impact here. I am not sure how many of our suggestions will be implemented but I would be very surprised if nothing we have said here gets added. Just give us more Triss please! :wub:

I actually did like how they ended up. But why couldn't we have seen some more? Think about the love scenes they have - the fountain, the party, the pier. They're so so good. Why does Yen kiss him and then next he talks with Triss, she already has their entire life planned out. And we can only accept or refuse? Why can't there be a couple of white dialogue options to ask her a few questions. Tell me about the place? Could I still be a Witcher in Kovir? Tell me about the job.

Simply because the game was rushed to the finish line. I can't imagine CDPR dumping Triss on purpose after spending two whole games developing her character far, far beyond the books, and letting her grow. To be fair to the devs, it's not in Triss's character to tell him "Thou Shalt Not Witcher Thine Monsters". Her love and regard for him is unconditional, which is part of why I can imagine many of us like her so much. We feel like she's genuine and will stand by our Geralt no matter what.

It all comes back to what I said a long time ago. This is a missed opportunity that really does detract from the main game. Bums me out. really that's all. It's still a great game but after Novigrad, it wasn't as good as I had originally thought. Objectively the mechanics are good and I like the story overall but this Triss-fiasco sort of colors the rest of the game in a negative fashion. I like the beginning especially the Baron. However, I won't be looking forward to having Triss taken away from me. I like the middle very much because Triss. Dijkstra is pretty cool too. Don't like the later sections as much because of all the Yen however for the most part I like Skellige - nice place to explore, the people are interesting also. But like I said, I am just left with a sour taste about the lack of Triss. :X Sad that our favorite sorceress is set aside at the end of her story. I am not without hope though - I think we could have an impact here. I am not sure how many of our suggestions will be implemented but I would be very surprised if nothing we have said here gets added. Just give us more Triss please! :wub:

Here Here! After finishing the Triss romance, despite having a PC for which this game is easily maxed out at 2560x1080, here I am playing the Flotsam portion of TW2...

Novigrad really was great. Can't say I was happy in Velen, but I enjoyed it...so dark and creepy, but it was captivating. Dijkstra was a nice nod to the books, I really liked him and his interactions with Triss and Geralt.

Last edited:
To be fair to the devs, it's not in Triss's character to tell him "Thou Shalt Not Witcher Thine Monsters".

Well I was to imply a conversation such as this:

Geralt "They have monsters in Kovir, don't they?"
Triss "Not planning on hanging up your silver sword, huh, Witcher?"
Geralt "..."
Triss "Don't worry, they have monsters there. They might even need a good Witcher from time to time."
Geralt "Good. I just don't want to get rusty."
Triss "The people there don't have a lot of money but my position in the king's court should take care of all of our money problems"
Geralt "Hmm, so I'll keep doing it - nothing too dangerous though. Wouldn't want to lose you." *Small, dry smile*
Triss *Blushes and looks away while smiling* "So it's settled. After the Hunt has been dealt with, then its off to Kovir."
Geralt "It's a deal"

This could take place after finding Phillipa, after they already have decided to go there - she would be back at the Chameleon and some other future-planning type dialogue could take place. Like he would ask her to tell him about the house - a small hut on the outskirts of some village.

Here Here! After finishing the Triss romance, despite having a PC for which this game is easily maxed out at 2560x1080, here I am playing the Flotsam portion of TW2...

Novigrad really was great. Can't say I was happy in Velen, but I enjoyed it...so dark and creepy, but it was captivating. Dijkstra was a nice nod to the books, I really liked him and his interactions with Triss and Geralt.

When in Velen, I liked the atmosphere and the Crones and the Baron. My first time through I was blissfully naive that they would be taking my Triss away from me. Next time I won't enjoy it as much because I will know what is waiting down the line for me. :X Dijkstra was my favorite character in Novigrad, besides Triss.

"Pardon my beauclairoise, have you found who fucking nicked my gold?" One of my favorite lines.

The Novigrad parts were great and my emotions were jumping up and down from the stress during the torture scene to the utter bliss of the Vegelbud's party. I owe it mostly to Triss with a small nod to Zoltan and Dijkstra.

Once I hit Skellige, I enjoyed because of the exploration, the viking-like warrior people, the Witcher contracts, the Kingmaker sidequest, the environment. The fact that Geralt turns into a spineless urchin around Yen really bugged me. Some of the other characters acting like they are still together even though I have made no indications as such. And after the Isle of Mists, even though Triss is a real part of the world and we can walk up to her there is no interaction and even worse yet, there is no romantic interaction. Something simple like what I wrote above could make a world of difference. Please REDs, help us. :help: We needs more Triss! :help:

I are euphoric with jumbled thoughts

I have been awake too long(would have gone to bed hours past) but after 90+ hours I finally got to Kaer Morhen expecting to find Triss and also Keira btw, since you know, they both literally said they'd go there or am I becoming delusional? I practically soared through Kaer Morhen in effort to explore more Triss content... and then find out my quest for Isle of Mist is bugged and am unable to progress... and the game is apparently about to come to an end. I can not properly express my disappointment, but honestly, I feared this ever since after every promo post-E32014... that Yen would hog the spotlight considerably over Triss because, you know, the books... I am, or I was... no I still think I'm pretty pissed that Wild Hunt almost completely sidelined Triss over a whole new character to the games (note that I have NO interest in the books).

Scary how the OP is like a mirror image of my thoughts on this glaring issue I'm struggling with. How the game world clearly favours Yen in every regard (except for Dijkstra, bless the bastard) if not wholy forcing her upon you. Now, except for the automatic flirting you have no controll over, I think CDprojekt Red did an excellent job with her character, just that the game focused way too much primarily on Yen and not nearly enough on Triss. Triss was barely even in the Main Quest-line which only inflates the feeling of being ridiculed for wanting to romance Triss post Witcher 1 and 2. And the fact that it clearly didn't matter that you saved Triss in W2 because W3 opens with Geralt having long since broken up with her.

Feels like I'm just jumbling down closed off thoughts... I am tired. Unable to properly convey my distress.

So to rap up. I thought the main story would last longer, that Kaer Morhen would mark the end of act 2 or beginning of act 3 with, finally, more of Triss. I start soaring through the game hoping to (yes I spoiled myself a little since I was pretty confused) get to the point where Yen invites Triss to help in Kaer Morhen because why would Triss be there otherwise, right? I am becoming delusional. Then I find out my Isle of Mist quest is bugged and can't progress. I'm just blissfully euphoric right now.

This effectively killed my enjoyment of this otherwise glorious game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom