Gwent suggestions...since I'm starting to really like it....

+
Gwent suggestions...since I'm starting to really like it....

Hi there again, Witchers.

I thought I'd add some random thoughts about Gwent here that you guys can look over, add to, flame with hatred, adore with love, whatever, yadda yadda yadda....

There's one small detail that came up in my last game that has me scratching my head a little bit.
Whenever you have a field weather effect, like Blinding Fog or Downpouring Rain, or Frost......it always reduces that line's unit strength to 1 per card. I can see this on the board, but when I go to zoom into the card, it also shows it at 1. Now, for the sake of argument, is there a way we'd be able to see the card's ORIGINAL unit value prior to the change? I ask this, because I realize the game is pretty heavy on mathematics. Unless you've memorized what the card strength was before, there's no way to strategize for this. I ask, because I wanted to play a "Clear Skies" card to take everything back to normal. There's no easy way to do a "what-if?" scenario to see if I would win. So, in this case I have to "hope" my next card is strong enough to overcome the difference. Does anyone else think this is a reasonable request?

Also, I apologize in advance if there may be cards in the game that are already here, but I wanted to add a few ideas for new gwent cards.

Catastrophic Flood-----Removes all cards currently on the playing field. These cards cannot be played for the rest of the game, regardless of their ability to be used more than once in a game.

I'd also like to see other cards that have the same type of effect against certain monsters that Geralt has in battle....i.e. the Necrophage Oil. Necrophage Oil gives you a boost against Necrophages, causing them more damage. Have "oils" cards that do the same thing to your opponents cards that fall in the same category (if they're not already in the game's deck.)

Any ideas from fellow players out there? This game is pretty addicting---it's not quite as complex as that one card game....."MTG... but I like it!

Catastrophic Flood-----Removes all cards currently on the playing field. These cards cannot be played for the rest of the game, regardless of their ability to be used more than once in a game.

I'd actually change this in a plague card or something, to go with things that actually happened. As every card in Gwent is a real thing.

Top Bottom