Option for walking/ running?

+
Option for walking/ running?

Hello,

I was just wondering if you can walk slowly within the Witcher 3. In the gameplay footage I have seen so far, everyone seems to be sprinting around. Will there be an option to walk slowly? If so, how exactly will that work? Is there a toggle walk option? Even when using the controller?

I simply enjoy walking around in such an immersive enviroment. I don't see the point in running around the place.

Sorry if this questions has been answered already.

I do think that you can toggle a walk. Can't recall when I saw/read that but it seems a strong recollection. Really not having a good detail day today, sorry...

People run about in uploaded footage to show as much as possible in a short time while people are watching.

Walking is slow, walking on roach around the same... then running or trotting on roach, then much faster than all else galloping on roach - for longer distances there is also fast travel. Might not be faster on consoles if only moving one or two signposts.

You could definitely walk from what I've seen of various game play footage. All the jumping puzzle sort of situations they have designed will be really annoying without a walking option.

Ok thanks, in some of the footage Geralt indeed seems to slowly wander around but it is uncertain if this is done by toggle button, by holding down the button or by pushing the analog stick only slightly (as it was the case in DA:I). I just remember that some games such as the first witcher game did not implement such a feature.

Last edited:
Pretty sure walk/run has always been possible in both tW & AOK. Can't recall what the controls were, but I could look them up if no one else chimes up first.

Pretty sure walk/run has always been possible in both tW & AOK. Can't recall what the controls were, but I could look them up if no one else chimes up first.

I checked AOK. There was a toggle walk feature. I simply don't know if this will also be the case in the upcoming game. Also, I was wondering how it will work on the console versions. I might have to buy it for PS4 because of the heavy system req. Oo

I checked AOK. There was a toggle walk feature. I simply don't know if this will also be the case in the upcoming game. Also, I was wondering how it will work on the console versions. I might have to buy it for PS4 because of the heavy system req. Oo

I imagine on the controllers it will work like most other games where half press = walk, full press = jog.

Last edited:

I'm guessing on the consoles/ controller it'll be a case of gently pushing the stick to walk and fully pushing the stick to run, loads of games do it this way. In witcher 2 you could hold alt to walk. Hope that helps a little :)

There must be toggle walk feature and there will be one.... One just doesn't repeat DA:I mistake! (on PC of course).
How am I suppose to admire beautiful vistas and architecture? We've seen many times Geralt can walk/run/sprint....

There must be toggle walk feature and there will be one.... One just doesn't repeat DA:I mistake!
How am I suppose to admire beautiful vistas and architecture? We've seen many times Geralt can walk/run/sprint....

That's exactly what I was thinking. I remember in DA:I they added the toggle feature for PC with a patch... 3 months after release. :( Hope the same thing won't happen here.

Given that AoK had one (I actually think it was Shift and Capslock that toggled it, not ALT?) off the bat, I'd assume Wild Hunt will too. :)

Question for me is if we will be able to move around like in Assassin's Creed with my Xbox One Controller.
Pace that is like slowest, slower, slow..

I imagine on the controllers it will work like most other games where half press = walk, full press = jog.
Yeah.. this is my guess too.
I still really like how GTA5/RDR do it, for me it's better and more realistic.
I like to just walk sometimes, especially in a game like this.
I can't stand games that make us jog all the time everywhere, toggle sensitive walking sucks.
It was so bad in TW2 on XB360, I was hoping they would just have TW3 be like GTA5/RDR and not try to be all original when it comes to those tried and true mechanics.
Same with the horse, but this new hold A for the horse to walk on paths does seems very cool. That I wish RDR had back then, but that W3 horse stamina/fear meter has got to go.. I hope I can completely hide that shit. ;)

I really liked how it worked in the old Splinter Cell games on PC where it was a very important gameplay element. The scroll wheel adjusted the speed you were moving in. I haven't seen it in any other games though.

Yeah.. this is my guess too.
I still really like how GTA5/RDR do it, for me it's better and more realistic.
I like to just walk sometimes, especially in a game like this.
I can't stand games that make us jog all the time everywhere, toggle sensitive walking sucks.
It was so bad in TW2 on XB360, I was hoping they would just have TW3 be like GTA5/RDR and not try to be all original when it comes to those tried and true mechanics.
Same with the horse, but this new hold A for the horse to walk on paths does seems very cool. That I wish RDR had back then, but that W3 horse stamina/fear meter has got to go.. I hope I can completely hide that shit. ;)

Yeah, I totally agree with you. :) GTA and RDR did it very well indeed. Sounds like that won't be the case in TW3 sadly. In so many new games you are basically forced to jog around the place. Looks a bit silly to me especially while wearing heavy armor e.g.

Top Bottom