[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
ye they should have ended it directly but that doesn't mean it is impossible to add them back with more interactions its a game not saying that its easy..

This is basically the problem. Stories have a definitive end. The story of Geralt has ended. But open-world video games generally never have an "ending." GTA, Assassin's Creed, Infamous, Saints Row, they all let you keep playing after the end of the story. So the devs had to decide between ending the story and letting the game continue. I agree with you, maybe the devs should have just ended the game entirely. If the player wants to do sidequests, they have to do it before the final chapter.

I agree with you that Geralt's story has ended, however, I have the following issue.

The epilogue that shows drawings of the world after the events of the wild-hunt defeat is not meant to be immediately after the main quest line has finished. For example, before this epilogue in my story, Ciri sheathes her new sword and they go off to hunt. The epilogue states they hunted together for a while and then parted, with Geralt soon retiring. He didn't retire immediately after sitting in the inn with Ciri for example.

The carry-on that many would propose therefore would not conflict at all with this epilogue - a post-ending world state immediately after the events e.g. finishing off the remaining Witcher contracts you have left with Ciri as your follower for example.

I don't think ending the game like, "You finished." *Black Screen* would be right considering they want people to play after completing the game, they actually want to let people mod and add their own content in and they want to add their own DLC and Expansions into the game, like with Skyrim, which really is a perfect example, the game should have an end game state once you have completed it. Where you can still explore, still interact with characters(Though on a much lesser level to when you were progressing in the story) and carry on doing side-quests.

I really would argue that an ending set literally just after you do your post-endgame little quest(
Ciri going away to Vizima, Werewolf, Ciri and you about to leave to become Witchers
). That would mean, no need to change the world massively because the events mentioned in the story board at the end have not happened yet(but you still have a good feeling because you know that's what will happen and what your actions entail.) But you can still interact with them and talk with them.(though as I mentioned on a much lesser scale.)

The only thing I would add would be that Yen/Triss are somewhere that you can visit and just talk to them. It would have been Amazing to have a Cottage Spawn in Tovir or another place depending on your choice that you could visit, like with the Palace, you don't go to the area you literally jump straight to the inside of the Palace, this would be kinda like a little reward for completion.

This is my ideal end-game state anyway, as I have mentioned before. :D

Last edited:
yeh it soundes like it could work like that they could add more romance options and dilog that would be like amazing

but rather after the main story so then you end up with who you chose and that the world shows that your choices had an impact

Last edited:
yeh it soundes like it could work like that they could add more romance options and dilog that would be like amazing

I do see a problem with adding in more dialog into the game, which is the voice actors. May not be available you have to pay them, etc, but with my suggestion you wouldn't need that really. You could like Skyrim, just have generic dialog's, which I have already seen in the game at the moment. If they wanted to add in more dialog that would be sweet, but looking from a business point of view I see why they may not.

Last edited:
I actually posted a thread about this, before reading yours and I was really frustrated, I agree with you 100% it feels so lonely, I just want to go and talk to some people FFS!

They could charge us money for the "expansive pack" skyrim dragonborn dlc had really meny new dialogs and the dlc price was 19;99 EUR

Dragonborn dlc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsROQUWaHnQ and a smaller dlc "Dawnguard" also cost 19:99 EUR
Dawnguard dlc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WyfnI4nRyY
But the more ideas and post on this thread is good keeping this post going will get the devs to look in to this :)

If they did something like this, with some quests etc it would be absolutely amazing! Like something involving continuing your ending... It would take time, but that's what paid expansions are all about...

Adding in new interactions and content. Player housing, would be cool and would also add a really cool place your you and Yen/Triss to live, as well as it would be really cool to see some of the mods that might be created in this regard! Maybe some interaction with Ciri. I actually have a lot of idea's in my head about what this could entail but I don't want to go into that right now

Yep thats what i think too like skyrim showed that by adding paid expensive packs it gives players new content and devs money.. Like they could charge even more then Bethesda for the skyrim dlc.

Yep thats what i think too like skyrim showed that by adding paid expensive packs it gives players new content and devs money.. Like they could charge even more then Bethesda for the skyrim dlc.

This might be what they could do, but I am still hoping for them to do something before then.

Well, the topic is big and greatly discussed...

But still, my opinion as well. After finishing the game I didn't play even for 10 minutes.

During the game, when I was doing Witcher contracts, or Treasure gear hunt, or some secondary quests - I always knew I can come back to the main story line, see Ciri, Yen, Triss, so on... Doing some "additional" content always became dull after 1.5-2 hours without the main characters.

And the feeling of an empty world after the end game - I just don't wanna play the game after it's "official ending". If it's like that after further patches - I think I will just replay the whole game at some point later.

Maybe some addons like Skyrim's Hearthfire would be great for Witcher 3 too.
That was a great idea from bethesda to make addon like this. And i love skyrim with hearthfire addon.

All this is possible, we just gotta let the devs know that we're willing to pay for stuff like this and if it's too much money then just raise the price. Skyrim's DLC is worth $45 for all the expansions and they didn't hesitate to add more dialogue, homes, etc. They know their fans like this type of stuff and even though it seemed expensive to both the devs and people they still had tons of success with it. So if we get enough people in this thread asking for this type of stuff and show devs that we'll pay for this content then no doubt they'll think of something. I have very high hopes of this.

Damn shame the thread wasn't started in the parent W3 forum...might make it hard for a red to find his way through the metaphorical jungle of threads :/

game feels really dull right now... Only the larger side quests are keeping my head above water Dx

But still, my opinion as well. After finishing the game I didn't play even for 10 minutes.

During the game, when I was doing Witcher contracts, or Treasure gear hunt, or some secondary quests - I always knew I can come back to the main story line, see Ciri, Yen, Triss, so on... Doing some "additional" content always became dull after 1.5-2 hours without the main characters.

And the feeling of an empty world after the end game - I just don't wanna play the game after it's "official ending". If it's like that after further patches - I think I will just replay the whole game at some point later.

Exactly what i feel, can't play the game without the main characters.

I agree 100%.

Also that we can't live the consequences of our ending suuuuuuucks! I want to see Ciri as the Empress, or maybe as a Witcher(depending on what ending you get)! :(

Somebody said earlier that Novigrad goes back to it's normal state, which also sucks.

Last edited:
Just found this thread, and I finished the game yesterday and i got to say, its arguably the best game ive ever played, (skyrim and this are like 1a and 1b) Great job CDPR. But like you all said, the ending just killed it for me like it was crazy how sad i felt because of a video game but it just went to show how great the game was untill that point. Including those characters like ciri, yen or triss (who ever you go with) would have made the game PERFECT and I emphasize PERFECT and i while they can still be added, the issue obisouly is paying the voice actors, but its really sad the ending and all. "Geralts journey has now come to an end" and he ends up spawning in a lonely castle like what lol. Im praying for the DLCs to include ciri, yen and/or triss cuz the game just didnt end the right way for me and you guys also, left a bad wierd taste, just want that corrected, but all in all the game was amazing, I know its unlikely but having a Witcher 4 with Geralt, yen, and ciri would be even more exciting. Thanks CDPR.

Just keep spreding this thread and the discussion needs go get bigger so keep sepreding it on like i said if this gets big enough they might do something i do also think the we need to spred it on other big sites steam,reddit and youtube

Last edited:
To me the post-game is just to allow you to powergame and level up. I've always felt that once the credits the roll, the game is done. I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy talking to these characters post-game, but I'd rather see CDPR add more content related to Witcher 2 choices or add more details to the endings (like what happens exactly with Philippa, Letho, etc).

Top Bottom