Claywich barber is missing even after a relog

+
Claywich barber is missing even after a relog

Freed the Claywich barber from the cage and he said to visit him in claywich for a free cut so i decided to follow him a bit watching how he ran funny. Oddly enough he ran towards the coast line instead of his town. So I decided to hop on my horse and find Claywich to cash in. After 10mins or so i did but the barber wasn't there. Doors on the huts north and south on the lake front were oddly locked but didn't look like he was inside. I meditated till noon the next day thinking it may be a time of day deal but still no barber. Left and came back still no. Where has my Claywich barber gone? Is he not showing because the main story or some other quest is not advanced enough or is he just MIA?

Last edited:
I can testify on this one. I experienced the thing. Every other person I have saved from the Person(s) in distress POI have appeared where they said they will. Kind of sucks, I was looking forward to a free haircut and shave.

Do they ever respond in these forums? See lots of bug posts but no responses. Wondering if they are working on this and other disappearing npc posts I have seen.

Same thing happened to me but then I saved my game in claywich then proceeded up to the furthest point in the landmass' north region, near the harpy feeding grounds and a fort on a rock formation with its drawbridge up. I fell and died but when I loaded my last save point (claywich), the barber was there. He was still there when I came back quite some time later. I'll see if he's still there after I close the game and resume.

I have the same problem, rescued the barber but he does not show up in claywich. I tried reloading like renoraider did, but it did not help.
I have a similar problem with one other merchand I rescued. He told me he would be near the Pontar bridge, but i couldn't locate him. I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong place or if he is indeed bugged? If anyone could tell me where he should be it would help me to see if his appearance is indeed bugged.
Another person I rescued is the swordsmith from mulbrydale. He told me to see him to get a reward. I found him in mulbrydale but I can't talk to him. I does seem to me that the person in distress "quests" have a high number of bugs.

Last edited:
It's the same with every person you rescue from a cage, first, there is the problem of not getting the key sometimes. Then, when you free them, they'll run to where they're supposed to be, only problem is, if something attacks them on the way there, they'll die. And they'll stay dead. And finally, sometimes, when they get to where they're supposed to be, they don't want to talk to you.

Last edited:
Not sure to be honest. I was checking my game and realized all my DLC was gone. Had to manually reinstall them but for some reason cannot 'buy' the last two that just came out.
Why is the DLC this way. I know GOG is a bit behind when it comes to free DLC (you have to purchase it, while steam simply installs). I was hoping it would be installed automatically on Steam when it comes out.

My Claywich Barber is also missing, he'll probably turn up at some stage... hope he didn't get attached on the way to the village!

Has 1.05 fixed this for anyone?

My Claywich merchant is still bugged.....keen AS on those missing Gwent cards!!!

This was working in 1.03 on PC I will have a look into it on my current game as it's using the 1.03 patch but last game both barber and the merchant showed up after they walked there.

No Barber also for me.
I don't know if CDPR is aware of these issues or not, since they don't reply to threads and there isn't one with all know issues listed.
This section seems a mess...

I'm sure they are looking - it's CDPR, not Ubi lol... but yeah, they'll suss this one - most people I know have the Persons in Distress going missing (actually, everyone with W3 I know....lol).

actually, i think the cause for this is quite simple - barber got killed off by some random beasts along the road... in my current playthrough, i have liberated him, but the road to Claywitch was completely cleared by me not so long ago, so he was not attacked and got there without issues. yet, if you dont clear up the area, he might run through some stronger monsters which will kill him off for good...

Guest 3753371

Best person in distress is the Blacksmith in Ard Skellig/village with the Ancient Leshen contract which is free when you get there first, after that you can free him at the coast... or not because he is free... no confusion intended.

Claywich barber is bugged since release. You have to follow him when you want to use him one time only. And the shave/haircut isn't free even tough he states it is. Same with the drunk barber in Novigrad - no discount.

While I'm at it - all that talk in this game when people claim to get you a discount is crap anyway because there won't be a discount. Take the merchant (griffin) or the dwarf (arsonist) in White Orchard as example - nothing changes despite different decisions.

Good job on the polish (not the adjective...) tough, at least there are ways to finish the game. Couldn't imagine the state of this game if it was released last year.

---------- Updated at 01:41 PM ----------

actually, i think the cause for this is quite simple - barber got killed off by some random beasts along the road... in my current playthrough, i have liberated him, but the road to Claywitch was completely cleared by me not so long ago, so he was not attacked and got there without issues. yet, if you dont clear up the area, he might run through some stronger monsters which will kill him off for good...

Ever seen monsters attack NPCs? They cry but they don't get hit and they don't die.

not all of them i'm afraid.. i seen plenty of NPCs being killed by monsters, especially if some monsters get near the liberated area or similar.. they can even kill off merchants... i remember losing access to merchant in white orchard at the mill, because wolves or nekkers killed him..

Top Bottom