Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to give Triss her's earring ?
I found the earring and when battle at Kaer Morhen couldn't talk to her. The quest after that also didn't have a dialouge options.
Maybe we need to visit Kaer Mohen first before complete the quest Now or Never so she still locate in Norvigad.
Anyone help ?

I was initially intrigued by the thought of upcoming expansions. Would have bought it before the release of the main game actually, but thought, play smart, wait till you've finished the initial game first. Expansions are still a ways off and my backlog isn't going to solve itself. Now. After the whole Triss debacle. I'm, hesitant, to say the least. I can only force myself to think postively that CDprojekt Red'll actually fix this within the main game first.

I think it's wrong to focus on the money. The success of the game is to give to community what they want.

TW3 positioned as easy for the new comers, and It's the only reason why Geralt&Triss broke up since TW2. So it's no matter that "Yen is the love of his life because of books" and "I chose Triss in TW1/2". Here we just have two completely different charactars with their own history and personality to provide us an ability to make our personal decision. So I just want to see the same conditions for both, Triss and Yen, and don't push us up to one of them.

PS. I have made my choice:wub:

Does anyone know how to give Triss her's earring ?
I found the earring and when battle at Kaer Morhen couldn't talk to her. The quest after that also didn't have a dialouge options.
Maybe we need to visit Kaer Mohen first before complete the quest Now or Never so she still locate in Norvigad.
Anyone help ?

I was able to give earring to her later whilst we were all staying at Dandelion's former brothel in the next act. They look fantastic on her.
There's a real timing issue. The dialogue just about works for later in the game but to me if i had to put money the dialogue feels like it should take place before the romance locks in.

I was able to give earring to her later whilst we were all staying at Dandelion's former brothel in the next act. They look fantastic on her.
There's a real timing issue. The dialogue just about works for later in the game but to me if i had to put money the dialogue feels like it should take place before the romance locks in.

Thank you. Tonight i will start this quest and hope after that she still stay at Dandelion's inn :D

I was initially intrigued by the thought of upcoming expansions. Would have bought it before the release of the main game actually, but thought, play smart, wait till you've finished the initial game first. Expansions are still a ways off and my backlog isn't going to solve itself. Now. After the whole Triss debacle. I'm, hesitant, to say the least. I can only force myself to think postively that CDprojekt Red'll actually fix this within the main game first.
Yeah the first expansion pack (the shorter one) doesn't come out until October and the next one isn't until first quarter of next year, so i don't really see the need to pre order the expansion packs yet, hopefully some positive news about Triss will come before then.

Anyyway i noticed people are willing to pay for dlc that has more Triss, that has got to be motivation for CDPR to make it happen (or consider it).

I'm sure they are considering it - it's hard to anticipate exactly how many of us are out there. That's why I think Mass Effect Citadel-style DLC is the best option. It would have more for everyone.

You read my mind...
I would blindly buy the season pass if some additional romance (espacially Triss!!) would come up.

I'm such a sucker for romance! :D

In reality, will there be a real interest in buying its two DLC? I mean, the two quick presentations of these DLC suggest a new area (so lot of side quest ...) with the first DLC, a quest revolving around a contract and the second, who knows ...
But I feel that the quests will be no real interest with respect to Geralt and the main story.

The turn of quests, character appearances, the beginning of these new stories will they assemble with differents endings of the game?
For example, if the player choose Triss in the main story, will we see Geralt and Triss scene? interactions between them? Maybe we should expect only a quest beast with new addition NPCs on the map? I hope this will not be the case. It would not change this feeling of "empty" once finished the main quest (no opportunity to interact with Triss, Yen, Ciri or others...).
"Yes but Triss and Geralt live together in another place." Yes, so what?
The way this open-world is realized (an open world divided into very large areas) allows CD Projekt to add a infinity of region.

It seems there are quite a few guys in the studio who prefers Triss to Yennefer (as Damien Monnier to name him). The desire should definitely not miss in the studio for additions of this type (for best romantics endings, new regions ...). I hope this will be done!

I'm sure they are considering it - it's hard to anticipate exactly how many of us are out there. That's why I think Mass Effect Citadel-style DLC is the best option. It would have more for everyone.
Considering how well received the citadel dlc was for Mass Effect, i wouldn't be suprised if CDPR decided to do something like that, but at the moment i think they are too focused on fixing the bugs and glitches and finishing the expansion packs for the game.

If they do include a Citadel-style DLC, then i will all of my money at the TV screen in excitement.

You guys should have faith.

I mean even with all those issues we are discussing here wasnt the game amazing? It for sure was. Look around these forums,even when people are discussing their gripes with the game, there is a great percentage of posts that go smthn like “well, this was truly exceptional game, i never cared this much for characters/story, now if only tra-la-la-la was a little bit better”. Not saying its all flowers and ponies, there is some blind bias and over zealotry even in this thread, just want to point out that the level of hatred is unusually low and the level or appreciation is remarkably high.

For me personally the fact that i decided to post something on forums after 10 years of never posting anything anywhere goes to show just how good this game was and how much it made people care.

So where i am going with all this is that this game should be the biggest success for CDPR to date. Like i dont have any relevant information, so this is just a baseless assumption, but can that not be true?

Now CDPR themselves explicitly stated that for them 2015 and 2016 will be the Witcher years. They have both the time and the resources. Besides upcoming DLCs and Expansions, for their previous 2 games they made EEs that fixed some of the issues people were having, what are the odds they are not going to do the same for their biggest game yet? With this topic being so huge what are the odds they ignore the issue that is such a big deal for so many people?

Im reasonably certain something will be done, the question is when? Personally i would gladly wait for however long is needed, be it a year or two, just to have something that is done well.

@Sunblind Absolutely, if the game wasn't a masterpiece, we wouldn't even care about these characters, let alone be this passionate about asking for more content with our favorite ones.

I would love a Citadel-style DLC for TW3
It basically saved Mass Effect 3 for me and it would definitely make TW3 not feel so incomplete

You guys should have faith.

I mean even with all those issues we are discussing here wasnt the game amazing? It for sure was. Look around these forums,even when people are discussing their gripes with the game, there is a great percentage of posts that go smthn like “well, this was truly exceptional game, i never cared this much for characters/story, now if only tra-la-la-la was a little bit better”. Not saying its all flowers and ponies, there is some blind bias and over zealotry even in this thread, just want to point out that the level of hatred is unusually low and the level or appreciation is remarkably high.

For me personally the fact that i decided to post something on forums after 10 years of never posting anything anywhere goes to show just how good this game was and how much it made people care.

So where i am going with all this is that this game should be the biggest success for CDPR to date. Like i dont have any relevant information, so this is just a baseless assumption, but can that not be true?

Now CDPR themselves explicitly stated that for them 2015 and 2016 will be the Witcher years. They have both the time and the resources. Besides upcoming DLCs and Expansions, for their previous 2 games they made EEs that fixed some of the issues people were having, what are the odds they are not going to do the same for their biggest game yet? With this topic being so huge what are the odds they ignore the issue that is such a big deal for so many people?

Im reasonably certain something will be done, the question is when? Personally i would gladly wait for however long is needed, be it a year or two, just to have something that is done well.
Absolutely - how great this game is, is what it makes the gamers attached to the story and characters (as well as gameplay). I believe that this game has almost matched the sales of the Witcher 2 (all time sales to date), and that is impressive considering how the game has been out for less than two weeks, so they do have the resources to create more dlc (or expansions) by the end of next year which shows how much support they are putting into their newly released games, instead of just releasing a game and moving on to the next game. I also don't have a problem with waiting, the game is big enough to last for a long time, so no complaints there.

All the talk about buying Triss DLC has made me curious: how many of you have already (pre)ordered the expansion pass?

I also have not pre-ordered them. It didn't save you any money so I thought what's the point? I'll get em when they come out and at least then I can be sure I want em. Glad I waited too. Not so sure I want them anymore :X Unless they include some more Triss. :p

I guess they did a good job at making me emotionally attached(to Triss).
Never really had such a big love-hate relationship with a game

I second both of these points. Never before has a game been so good yet make me feel so bad. I am extremely attached to Triss - can't imagine another Witcher game without her. I know this is the end for Geralt but they could reboot it down the line - sadly, without Triss, I don't know how I'll feel about it. :X

Sort of like, I know they're making another Mass Effect, but it's disconnected from the trilogy. Is it really Mass Effect without Garrus Vakarian? Is it truly a Witcher game without Triss Merigold? Right now, my gut says no way. Only time will tell at this point, I guess.

A DLC where Triss has a big role would certainly convince me

I second this point.

We all love Triss...Dandelion, Zoltan, others...but especially Triss.
Yes, especially Triss :wub:

I think it's wrong to focus on the money. The success of the game is to give to community what they want.

TW3 positioned as easy for the new comers, and It's the only reason why Geralt&Triss broke up since TW2. So it's no matter that "Yen is the love of his life because of books" and "I chose Triss in TW1/2". Here we just have two completely different charactars with their own history and personality to provide us an ability to make our personal decision. So I just want to see the same conditions for both, Triss and Yen, and don't push us up to one of them.

PS. I have made my choice

This is a good point - I think I said something similar before. It's not just about the money - they are businessmen, however, so I think that is presenting an extra side to the issue. But I think from a creative standpoint, it makes sense too. I remember them saying there are no right or wrong choices in this game, only choices and the consequences of those choices. Give us our two choices and give them equal weight - don't make one of them feel inherently "wrong".

I have also made my choice :wub:

---------- Updated at 01:03 AM ----------

I'll wait as long as is necessary for them to fix it. Do I think we will get the level of fixes that will totally satisfy us? Probably not but I would be surprised if we didn't get something. After all, I feel like I will always be wanting more Triss. :p

I believe that this game has almost matched the sales of the Witcher 2 (all time sales to date),

Actually the pre-orders alone smashed the W2 sales by a pretty wide margin they said. I think so at least. They haven't released any actual figures but I imagine, being that this one had a lot of marketing and promotion and accessibility to the new audience, I think it makes sense.

Here is information as evidence to the 'Lighthouse Scene' being censored. Un-censoring it will not fix the lack of Triss content overall. Sex isn't supposed to be taboo in the Witcher-verse. Fixing this would bring the story into line with the mature theme of the game.

The following pictures are two Sword of Destiny trailer shots, and two in-game shots of the lighthouse without any mods or filters applied.

Notch
-- Both walls contain stones with a characteristic 'notch', and of the same shape/pattern.

Open Air -- Both images are of the open air above the sea.

Light Source (fire)
-- Both images contain the same light source, a nearby fire, from the same angle.

Ledge -- Both images contain the ledge, although there may be a design/texture difference, they are the same ledge.

Ground Below -- Both images have ground below the ledge, in the same or very similar texture, although it is difficult to see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Therefor, I assert that the following is true.

a) The scene from the trailer is the exact same scene (lighthouse) from the game.
b) There is a 'non-censored' version (containing more/different shots). Clothes are on in the trailer because it needed to reach a wide audience.
c) It is reasonable to patch the game to fix this in a timely fashion.

Please CDPR, don't censor your game. The sex-scenes you've done in the past were not gratuitous; they added to the story and character. I trust this one would also do so.

Last edited:
Please CDPR, don't censor you're game. The sex-scenes you've done in the past were not gratuitous; they added to the story and character. I trust this one would also do so.

If handled tastefully, I think the sex scenes can add a certain je ne sais quoi to the proceedings. Not the main concern of this thread though. Yeah, the scene itself is a little lackluster but everything prior to that is so wonderful and heartfelt that I feel like the setup works as a whole. I would vote for them to un-censor it but only if that means that some of the other Triss stuff doesn't get swept under the rug. Fix the stuff we've been talking about and then patch it. :p

I agree completely...if I had to choose, I'd take more quests...but this appears to be such an easy fix since it's already been done.

Je ne sais quoi...no doubt!

I want the kind of power FemFreq has, they say jump studios say how high.

Hopefully they ask for more Triss content and Ciri as a playable character in Witcher 4.

Signed up just for this thread.
I'm disappointed on the last part of the game. Triss almost did nothing, just appeared in CG with very few shots. While in TW1 whom will assist for the final battle depends on our previous choice, that is way better.

Besides, after end the main story, we can't find any main NPCs. I strong suggest CDPR to add these NPCs back with conversations. Geralt should say farewell to his friends since he is preparing to leave with Triss/Yen or alone at that moment.

Signed up just for this thread.
I'm disappointed on the last part of the game. Triss almost did nothing, just appeared in CG with very few shots. While in TW1 whom will assist for the final battle depends on our previous choice, that is way better.

Besides, after end the main story, we can't find any main NPCs. I strong suggest CDPR to add these NPCs back with conversations. Geralt should say farewell to his friends since he is preparing to leave with Triss/Yen or alone at that moment.

I found Cerys in her room, though she's supposed to be there because she's the Queen and all.

I could not find Crach, but that doesn't make sense because it's supposed to be pre-ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom