[bug report] combat bugs

+
[bug report] combat bugs

Hey..

first of all dont come up with the exp bug here, there are enuff other threads for this.

So yea, Ive been testing a lot of builds etc these days and come across the fact that half of my build ideas where shettered by bugs regarding all kind of skills.

- Rend does super low dmg... sometimes even less than a FAST swing.. whats the point of using it, it couldve been such a nice skill.

Check for yourself:

- When Swords are unsheathed or even unequipped, Igni dmg is rediculously high (video proof on page 2)

- Cat/griffon/bear school skills (the yellow ones) only work "on paper only" aswell. (If you press "C" to check your stats, they are correct but this does not apply to the combat itself)
//edit: after even further testing, I can say that it sometimes work as intended sometimes its really wierd...

- After loading a save all of your applied mutagen effects are set to their basic value, you can reproduce this bug by loading a new save and reequip your mutagens.

Hope this one gets adressed in the 1.05 patch aswell. To me its far more gamebreaking than some of the exp I could miss. Because THIS actually takes away fun of the combat completely.

Aezo

PS:: I'd really appreciate an official response, thx

Last edited:
TY For this, i really hope devs look at this. The mutagens re equipping is annoying as hell and i noticed rend as well, the adrenaline bars give it no extra damage and its damage is a LOT lower than basic strong attack. For a t3 ability i though it would and should do a bit more damage.

Did not know about the school based 1 point skills.

You're welcome :)

BTW, I just tested one more time the following situation:

save location is out of combat near a sleeping bear (so it was perfect for testing)

Gear: Full Feline Armor and Swords

No potions no other side effects, nothing.

Without "Cat Armor skill": out of 10 tries the avarage CRIT DMG dealt was ~340 (in the character screen "C" it says ~445)

With "Cat Armor skill": out of 10 tries the avarage CRIT DMG dealt was ~340 (in the character screen "C" it says ~655)

so this isnt for a debate now, its bugged, its a fact :-S I wonder how 95% of the ppl actually do not notice such a thing...

Aezo

Last edited:
Bump.

If you would like the add the following to OP...

Rend will not trigger against opponents effected by Axii or frozen by a bomb.

Thanks for pointing it out, just tested it myself with Axii and you are right! Thx for input

Thanks for pointing it out, just tested it myself with Axii and you are right! Thx for input

Scratch that, I misread the description of Rend. Thought it took Adrenaline points to use but it in fact takes Stamina to use. Popping Axii, obviously, uses your stamina so Rending immediately after is impossible.

It takes stamina and consumes adrenaline if you charge it for a bit for double dmg each adrenaline point. But you were right no need to revert it. You can use rend wheter or not your stamina bar is full, ive tested it. But while your enemy is under the Axii effect u cant. I even tested it a couple of times, also with rage management skill aswell.

So there is really no need to scratch it!

BUT ive been testing the Cat armor skill again both with light and heavy strikes and for some wierd reason it worked both times correctly now! SO I really dunno...

Rend can only be triggered when you have 1/2 a stamina bar or more. If you listen it gives an error beep when this happens.

Starting to wonder how much testing they did before release, if any at all. There's barely anything that isn't somehow bugged/glitched.

yes many of these bugs have been reported already, they really need to be fixed.

can we talk about the xp glitch now? ;)

Hi there, so this is master thread for combat bugs report?

So I help push this topic, here my vid.

Description:
-Death March
-Pure Signs build only, only 1 invested point in Griffin trainning
-Full Igni rune + Full signs rune + Superior Griffin gears + Griffin weapons + 4 Great Blue Mutagens

By the way this is their replied to this.

Link : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...rds-sheathed-unequipped?p=1745627#post1745627

Hi fellow Witcher lovers. I stumbled across this strange little thing today and I wasn't sure whether it was a bug or a hidden (very well at that) feature. I've searched the forum but couldn't find any discussions on it. So, the short of it is that I get a sizeable damage boost with my igni firestream with either my sword sheathed, or unequipped (got tired of Geralt taking it out after a hit). With my griffin silver sword (basic) I do around 250 fire damage to ghouls on Fyke isle. With my sword firmly in the sheath, I do 400-450. This seems very peculiar since my silver blade is even giving me a small sign intensity bonus. I haven't tried it with other signs. I just can't think of a reason why not having a sword in hand would increase damage so significantly. Anyone else come across this? Do you think this is a bug, and if so, are CDPR aware of it and addressing it?
It kind of ruins the fun of collecting better swords and runestones for a mage build if they are actually holding your damage output back.

edit: forgot to mention I'm playing on PC with 1.04.

Hmm. Interesting point about using both hands, but if this indeed was a feature I'd have thought it would have been mentioned somewhere. Plus Geralt almost always uses one hand when casting signs (except for that intro movie for Witcher 1), so I'm not sure about that. Hopefully it will be addressed in the near future.

Is this the same bug as with the crossbows doing more damage with sheathed swords?

It is a bug unfortunately, not a feature

We are already addressing this but there is very very very slight chance that it will make it into PC 1.05 patch, most likely 1.06.

So best bet is patch 1.0.6 (PC) and patch 1.0.5 (for console).

Meanwhile, I would say its not bad at all... enjoy the overpowered Igni power! lol

Last edited:
Thx for the input guys. Adding this to the first post.

Tested the Axii thing again, you were right guys.

Sadly..

anyway, what are your experience with "Rend" since update guys? Please only TESTED opinions, no "feelings". Ty.

So hey, I am testing something else, and while testing it, I think I figured out the bug with Rend.

Basically, if you let it use ALL your stamina, as in your stamina bottoms out...you get nothing.
Let it go before all your stamina runs out and it works properly.
I hit for 6350 with two pips and most of a stamina bar.
Let it charge all the way, use up ALL my stamina, and it hit for like 400..

Cat school techniques only works for the critical damage of Strong attacks it doesn't increase the critical damage of Fast attacks..

Welp I just crit a frozen cyclops for 15177 with mastercrafted ursine silver sword and near max charge three adrenaline Rend.
Against the same creature, with the same conditions, my fully specced heavy attack crits for 4000 max.
Rend is definitely fixed.

Top Bottom