1.08 Infinite Update Loop

+
1.08 Infinite Update Loop

My game seems to think it has been updated every time I play. My settings in drive/Witcher3/etc are "read-only" which is the only suggested fix I've seen. I'm not using any software to force any settings in the game. Basically, this is an annoying issue because I have to input my preferential settings every time I start up the game, rather than only when there are updates which is the (weird) normal way Witcher 3 seems to work.

I'm sure others have tried to get help for this. I tried searching the forums but couldn't come up with anything. Hope you guys can help. :uma:

I had this issue as well.

The game keeps trying to finish an update. It also tells me I have to restart the game to make the changes take affect. The thing is I didn'thave the game running. I never update while playing, naturally.

Origin indicated a download on 400+ MB and asked me to restart the game. I checked my task manager but no 'Witcher3.exe' there.

As the game wasn't running I simply started it manually via the desktop icon instead of the one in Origin. Nothing happened. But looking in my task manager 'Witcher3.exe' was now present.
I terminated the process and started the game again. This time Origin told me to update once more, but 500+ MB. It didn'tdownload more though. It started installing right after this.

And that was it. The game runs now.

I think your problem is a counter somewhere telling your client/game that it still needs to download some non-existing data. Try the same as I did.

Last edited:
Well, I'm using Steam and I can play as normal. I'm gonna try to disable the cloud sync as I hear that may have solve it. I will also try verifying the integrity of the game cache.

Yea had that with other games before..
Fix:
Delete ClientRegistry.blob, restart steam.
Change download region (bostons really fast if your central/east coast, LA maybe for west)
verify game cache

Top Bottom