Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interactions are directly related to the choice at hand and the words she shares with Yen upon leaving quite rightly reflect Ciri's state of mind whether accompanied or left to face lodge alone.
People are rewarded with full knowledge of lodge meeting on one path and with Yen frantic spying on the other.[/QUOTE]
Rewarded? The knowledge of the lodge meeting is absolutely pointless and doesn't add anything to the game. It also has absolutely ZERO importance for the rest of the events. The point is not that decision have different consequences but what the implications of the consequences you show are. When one path obviously gives you more valuable information than the other and you don't know that before there is something wrong with how the whole situation is created.

For once you could have rewarded the player with both(!) aspects, the points of the meeting and the interaction between Yen and Ciri, just in different circumstances and different perspectives. That way you make sure that important character interactions happen no matter what.

I like to see this in game

Ciri walked, stiffly over to Yennefer. Yennefer smoothed her collar and tried to wipe the dried blood from her sleeve. She fixed her hair, revealing the scar on her cheek. She hugged her tightly. Very tightly. Geralt saw the sorceress’s hands on Ciri’s back. He saw the deformed fingers. He did not feel anger, grief or hatred. He felt only fatigue. And a great desire to be done with it all.

“Mummy.”

“My daughter.”

“Let’s go,” Geralt decided to interrupt, but only after a long time.

I like to see this in game

Ciri walked, stiffly over to Yennefer. Yennefer smoothed her collar and tried to wipe the dried blood from her sleeve. She fixed her hair, revealing the scar on her cheek. She hugged her tightly. Very tightly. Geralt saw the sorceress’s hands on Ciri’s back. He saw the deformed fingers. He did not feel anger, grief or hatred. He felt only fatigue. And a great desire to be done with it all.

“Mummy.”

“My daughter.”

“Let’s go,” Geralt decided to interrupt, but only after a long time.

Not in this lifetime, I'm afraid.

Rewarded? The knowledge of the lodge meeting is absolutely pointless and doesn't add anything to the game. It also has absolutely ZERO importance for the rest of the events. The point is not that decision have different consequences but what the implications of the consequences you show are. When one path obviously gives you more valuable information than the other and you don't know that before there is something wrong with how the whole situation is created.

For once you could have rewarded the player with both(!) aspects, the points of the meeting and the interaction between Yen and Ciri, just in different circumstances and different perspectives. That way you make sure that important character interactions happen no matter what.

In what way is lodge meeting pointless and not add anything to the game? It adds as much as the alternate path imo. By virtue of having more Yen doesn't make something more valuable or because you like one set of Yen-Ciri interactions more than the other.

You can't have both variants of Ciri's interaction with Yen. Can't see how you can give players both paths without butchering the choice and consequence element, which would be terrible.

Right...Why wasn't yen involved to cheer up ciri ?
Snowball Fight for example...

Because she's not needed there. As we are playing Geralt we see these sort of Father-Daughter moments, whereas we don't see the same visibility of the opposite one on one moments.

I know a mod denied this but I can't help thinking that Triss is the reason the Yen/Ciri relationship got downplayed so hard. I can't see people picking Triss if the Yen/Ciri relationship was portrayed as in the books.

I dont think its because of Triss , but there must be a reason for it.....

Because she's not needed there

Your opinion...
But it would not have hurt if her mother were involved in it...

Last edited:
Because she's not needed there. As we are playing Geralt we see these sort of Father-Daughter moments, whereas we don't see the same visibility of the opposite one on one moments.

That's not the point. None of us "demand" 15 family scenes. Or Yen/Ciri scenes. All we have problem with is that in those scenes we ALREADY have, Ciri is acting the way she's acting (with Yennefer) - which basically boils down to a 'little spoiled brat' - damn, just look at her facial expressions! She looks annoyed with Yennefer. Like she's some intruder. And she has no reason to be like this with her. Not to mention those ridiculous implications, as if Yen has some "plans for her" - seriously I wanted to punch her in the face when she said that. And of course Geralt cannot even defend her at this moment, he just stares at Ciri like a dumbass.

Last edited:
I dont think its because of Triss , but there must be a reason for it.....

There's no other reason that comes to mind.

The dev gave a really poor explanation, saying that Geralt and Ciri's relationship is the focus of the game.

Yennefer is as, if not, more important to Ciri than Geralt. Making the game's focus about Geralt and Ciri is one thing, but completely waving aside Yen/Ciri's relationship is another. There are so many ways to show the Yen/Ciri relationship (even some dialogue between Geralt and Ciri could've fixed this problem, instead the one time it's brought up they imply otherwise "...even Yennefer [has plans for me]), the focus of the game being Geralt isn't really an excuse for the awful implementation of this relationship.

Here's to hoping for an EE or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom